Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re talking about our young talent and the development of our list. Of that, Constable hasn’t debuted, Cockatoo can’t stay on the park and Parsons and Cunico aren’t certain best 22 players (also not MIDs).

The need for big mids is massively overrated as Richmond have shown. We've also got 3 185cm+ best 22 who can play through midfield (Guthrie, Menegola and Duncan) who have still got ~5 years left in the game. It would be completely stupid to go for a lesser player to fill a non-existent weakness.

The need for big mids is massively overrated as Richmond have shown. We've also got 3 185cm+ best 22 who can play through midfield (Guthrie, Menegola and Duncan) who have still got ~5 years left in the game. It would be completely stupid to go for a lesser player to fill a non-existent weakness.

I’m not sure though that the lesser players aren’t the smaller ones anyway?

I rate him quite highly as a prospect and would take him that high.

I'd rather him run a top yoyo or beep test than run a tenth or two quicker for a one off 20mt sprint.
Or a 6:13 2km anytime than an extra half yard in a straight line.
When you're going flat out for 10mins l know who'll come out on top.
What Brownless has is running power, and l reckon he'll go alright.

Does anyone actually want to draft chase jones in the first round from a supporters perspective??

Seems to be very disliked.

You won’t read or see a more ordinary summary and highlights package out there from a top liner.
I reckon he has pretty good scope to be honest, quick, can take a mark and uses the ball well. We need to stop picking flashy blokes that cant get the job done.

Gee I wish we could go back years ago, when any club could use a 40s pick for there Father son picks, yes it won't worry us with Oscar, but if we had a Father Son pick that was going to be in the top 10 it would help. Even if the new clubs like Giants could do the same as with a Acadamy pick, it would be fair

There’s been discussion on here as to whether Wells may look to trade up from pick 12 - I also wonder whether he may look at trying to secure a pick in the 20’s to target someone? Maybe a pick 45 plus next years 2nd rounder for twenty something? That’s where we may look at a McHenry or similar type perhaps?

We just had a bit of a list clean out. We need new players, not picks for next year.

Hahaha who do you want that we might realistically get. Realistically being the operative word!

It all gets back to my core belief ..we need single figure picks and it looks like our pick is just about where the next group of players start sort of 12-20..etc. There will be a strong reaction on here by some if their player is not picked.. I have no player that must be picked or is the obvious one.. I like xoh who is rated later in the draft. I suspect we will not really know how good or not the picked player is till he fits into the group

Last edited:

I agree that our balance is and still will be pretty good with or without Jones, but let's not get too sucked into Richmond as a blueprint. Their midfield isn't really part of their success outside of occasionally being carried by Dusty and Cotchin, otherwise they generate their offensive ball movement from winning turnovers across half back and running in waves.

Not really a style we're set up for.

Yeah no club is going to pick players just on height. They pick players to fill a position, and for their skills, not one because he is 3cm taller than another similar player.
One of the problems with only giving us very limited glimpses at these players is it means fans have to look more closely at what little information is released.

Why don't they release full combine results, for instance? Releasing top 10s is almost useless.

Exactly, our big inside MIDs have about five years left, which is how long it will take to develop the next one. It’s called forward planning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather him run a top yoyo or beep test than run a tenth or two quicker for a one off 20mt sprint.
Or a 6:13 2km anytime than an extra half yard in a straight line.
When you're going flat out for 10mins l know who'll come out on top.
What Brownless has is running power, and l reckon he'll go alright.
Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather recruit a footballer than an athlete and I suspect Billys boy might just be a footballer.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather recruit a footballer than an athlete and I suspect Billys boy might just be a footballer.

People don't understand it takes an athlete to run that well anyhow.(2km + yoyo test)
It's called running over a distance.
But l do get your point, it's what works best playing footy, good point you make.

Last edited:
Not suggesting that we use pick 12 but Bailey Williams highlights do actually look awesome. Moves bloody well for a 200cm player. Seems to just read the flight of the ball well in to the bargain

Be very happy if we somehow got a 2nd rd pick and snaffled him. Maybe a trade with Brisbane for pick 18 and 30 or GWS 19 and 25. Maybe WCE at 20 and 22. Rich 17 and 37.

I reckon he has pretty good scope to be honest, quick, can take a mark and uses the ball well. We need to stop picking flashy blokes that cant get the job done.

His highlights on Draft Machine are certainly better than what was available prior. He's certainly hard at it. Lacks a bit of polish but you can't question his intent. C.Guthrie may do well to view his tape.

Not suggesting that we use pick 12 but Bailey Williams highlights do actually look awesome. Moves bloody well for a 200cm player. Seems to just read the flight of the ball well in to the bargain

Be very happy if we somehow got a 2nd rd pick and snaffled him. Maybe a trade with Brisbane for pick 18 and 30 or GWS 19 and 25. Maybe WCE at 20 and 22. Rich 17 and 37.

He’s probably the hardest player to place in this draft. Could go anywhere from 15-60.

I hope we offer pick 12 and our future 1st to the following

1. Crows for 13 and 16
2. Power for 10 and 15
3. Bulldogs for 7
4. Suns for 6

I hope we offer pick 12 and our future 1st to the following

1. Crows for 13 and 16
2. Power for 10 and 15
3. Bulldogs for 7
4. Suns for 6

Can't see either the Crows, Power or Bulldogs being remotely interested. Crows and Power will want to improve their draft hand most likely to get their hands on the top SA players. Bulldogs want to secure the best possible player - they'd lose any hope of landing Caldwell or Smith if they did that trade most likely. GC are some chance perhaps. I think GWS are the only realistic option. But I'd say that they would only trade for pick 11 and not pick 9 which is useless really as we'd be going for different players if we were to do that trade anyway! If they were amenable to trading pick 9 then I'd be all for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back