Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Taylor retired and we were left with Blicavs, Kolo & Henderson as our tall defenders, would there be the same concerns?

I'm wondering if the club believes that Henderson may not have much more then 1 or 2 years left due to wear & tear - he's only played the 13 games the last 2 seasons. And if that's the case, they may believe Taylor will offer more next year

Yeah if Taylor had of retired Henderson would be offered a deal I reckon. But my concern is that Harry, given his age, might break down too and we're left short. If Hendo is happy to stay on as depth and not much money, I think we need to sign him and keep him as insurance? Key defenders and hard to replace and to have someone like Hendo that can come and and hold the fort, can only be a good thing IMO

Yep - was part of the agreement when he joined us that it was written into his contract that all list management & match selection decisions need to be run past him for approval

Yep, we are also supplementing his lower playing salary with a higher wage through his recruiting work.

Can't believe people weren't already aware of this...

Yeah if Taylor had of retired Henderson would be offered a deal I reckon. But my concern is that Harry, given his age, might break down too and we're left short. If Hendo is happy to stay on as depth and not much money, I think we need to sign him and keep him as insurance? Key defenders and hard to replace and to have someone like Hendo that can come and and hold the fort, can only be a good thing IMO
I'm thinking the knee might be all but cactus f--ktus.

Probably no different to Joel pitching for Scott to be recruited to the Cats. No point having a leadership team if you’re not going to listen to what they say

Yep. People reading a bit too much into it. Ultimately the decision lies with Wells, Scott etc. Danger can't actually sign off on the trade, such as he'd like to. I'm sure Wells and Co have taken everyone's advice on board and made an informed decision on several factors, not just Danger's word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL will probably say there has been some unexpected technical difficulties and no trades can be lodged until further notice. Then all of a sudden it's magically fixed at 6pm when the televised coverage starts.

As a member of the leadership group, why wouldn't PFD be questioned about possible new recruits? He'd be well aware of Jenkins' strengths and weaknesses, as well as how he'd fit in to the playing group, personality wise.

If they do a last minute deal with GC for Crouch id say AFC have ample picks ... I think we have a better chance if the do pick up a late teens pick than getting 4

They wont trade Crouch surely.

Jenkins is the mark Blake of Adelaide. The wipping boy for his general incompetence. And at 30, I’d have him behind Hawk, esava, Krueger, Stanley, fort and buzza.

Unless it’s involved in a pick up grade there is no point

Youd have jenkins behind buzza (if we rated him we wouldnt have played hendo fwd in a final)..gee whiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back