Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you figure that ? ... If we dont particpate this year at all.. we will be bound to keeping our future picks next year till we have had 2 in 4.
If we get a current year and a future pick in return for Kelly then use the earlier one and put the later one on the table to trade for someone else's 2020 1st. Clark plus another this year satisfies 2 in 4 out to 2022 at which point we need to make another selection. We'd have our 2020, a Perth clubs 2020, another clubs 2020, and our 2021 all tradeable next year unless I'm missing something.

Edit: 2022 not 2023

Last edited:
I don’t agree on Harry. He’d have to play really well from here to go again unless it’s on minimum. We need to be NBA style ruthless and have vets playing on minimum if they want to go again. Harry is a champion but he has been paid at least 850k the last two years and hasn’t delivered anywhere near that in return. Them’s the breaks and his reward for all the good years on less but it’s been repaid now. He goes again it should be on min. I’d rather Hendo for two more as I can only imagine what Harry would be like Aug 2020.

If we get a current year and a future pick in return for Kelly then use the earlier one and put the later one on the table to trade for someone else's 2020 1st. Clark plus another this year satisfies 2 in 4 out to 2022 at which point we need to make another selection. We'd have our 2020, a Perth clubs 2020, another clubs 2020, and our 2021 all tradeable next year unless I'm missing something.

Edit: 2022 not 2023

AS I understand it atm.. it seems to change ..and Im not sure we will really know till we see someone whacked ....
you can always trade you current year pick... however... if you have not had 2 in 4 then you will be prevented from trading your future pick next year till its been corrected. So a club could stay perpetually banned from trading futures if the keep trading out of R1...

In theory its possible what you say. You propose we use 1 2019 and trade one this year for a 2020. If we keep earliest R1 and trade the later one ... what club trades us their Fr1? Only one who thinks they finish highly and yet will not need points next year.. So P18 this year for Richmonds R1 2020.. for eg.
If we trade to some clubs we may need to add to it. Ess for example may say we want a R2 as well... Perhaps our best chance would be an in draft trade ..when another club sees a player that is available and are willing to do what Carlton did last year.

Its all very speculative.. and the club loses a year from the player... I wonder if we would do it. In priciple I dont mind going into next year trade period we those picks ready to trade if we line up certain players a fair way out ..like Ben King that I have mentioned before. Watching Crows and Port the other night.. I can only assume the Crows will be thinking they have to have a few gun kids for themselves ... and get Rankine and Luk back to SA... but if there was a chance to get Rankine Id certainly like a piece of that action.

When TK goes we secure two first Rd picks. Have our own as well to make it 3 under 20. Trade a 2nd for Jack Steven for short term cover and hope like hell that with the 3 picks we have 2 gem pure mids to take over in 3 years. We look ok down back for years, average up fwd but shocking in the midfield 60 games down the track.

Trick may be creating the list spots now. Even with TK going there ain’t to many clear chops outside of Scooter and Zach Smith. Shame Abbott and Parsons have deals as they are list cloggers big time.

Last edited:
How about this as a trade give 1st rd (14-18) to GWS for Patton then on-trade Patton to Essendon who they have a liking for Essendon get to keep their 1st rd pick and Essendon trade us Parish... bit too neat

How about this as a trade give 1st rd (14-18) to GWS for Patton then on-trade Patton to Essendon who they have a liking for Essendon get to keep their 1st rd pick and Essendon trade us Parish... bit too neat

We don't have a first (tied to GWS traded for Shiel last year)

Hi guys

Whats Wylie Buzza worth? What's holding him back from taking the next step to be a consistent big time player?

Yoda for some reason we have not given him a shot in the weeks where SavRat has not played.. and really his form has been good enough ..at least looking in from the outside it has. Seems to have improved but how can one tell till they get a shot.. really a lot of the development work has been done ..yet I can see with Sav and Krueger Buzza may just get passed by...

Whats he worth .. atm he is only a late pick at best .. not much different better players than him and players on the fringe.. Lang , Thurlow even Rohan.. etc... Id say a deal could be worked out especially as he is OOC.

Where did I read that we were interested in players with speed this draft/trade period?!?
Can't seem to recall... Was it when TSelwood was chatting about the draft pool?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys

Whats Wylie Buzza worth? What's holding him back from taking the next step to be a consistent big time player?
I'm not sure why they haven't been playing him since Esava been injured, bit of a joke really in why he hasn't played this year.. I'd like us to give him a minimum of 1 year contract even 2 years, as they say big men do take a longer to develop then small guys.

I'm not sure why they haven't been playing him since Esava been injured, bit of a joke really in why he hasn't played this year.. I'd like us to give him a minimum of 1 year contract even 2 years, as they say big men do take a longer to develop then small guys.
He lacks defensive pressure and cant ruck that well so bit of a liability just having him as a pure forward....

Hi guys

He's having a career best year which would warrant a match or two in a fair few sides, certainly would be a lock in our best 22 two years ago if he was doing this then. Based on selection decisions his year you can probably have him as a delisted free agent.

Gold Coast after Rowell and Anderson ...

It's garbage. They had the number 2 pick not long ago and traded it for Lachie Weller.
If they are given picks they should be forced to trade them for established talent. Two 18 year olds aren't going to lift them off the bottom of the table next year. Only for, as history clearly shows, have them leave in 4-6 years time.

It's garbage. They had the number 2 pick not long ago and traded it for Lachie Weller.
If they are given picks they should be forced to trade them for established talent. Two 18 year olds aren't going to lift them off the bottom of the table next year. Only for, as history clearly shows, have them leave in 4-6 years time.
No good players want to go there and the only way they will is if it involves a ridiculous paycheck. Weller is probably on $800k which is a bloody good financial investment considering he'd be lucky to have got half that from Freo.

He lacks defensive pressure and cant ruck that well so bit of a liability just having him as a pure forward....
He can play as the back up Ruckman, and he does in the VFL. Plus he done it a few times when played in the AFL.. And the only way to see is what he can do is play him, and when I say play him is not 1 game, have to give him 2 or 3 games in a row... As how can only playing 1 game then getting the boot next week is good for any player...

The fact that Buzza hasn’t played while Esava has been injured is strange and also surely means he’s gone. We have desperately lacked help for Hawkins. Worthwhile giving Fort exposure and he has talent. But Buzza was the obvious replacement and they didn’t give it to him. With list places tight I can’t see why you’d hold onto someone you won’t play even though he has improved.

Heard Peter Bell ( Freo football mgr) on the radio tonight - they asked him directly - the 2 Hills for Kelly

He said Stephen - free agent - but hes just trying to get hamstring right and just play senior football again - thats his focus

Brad is contracted for another 2 years after this season

Said both are popular - highly respected around the place - and will be both playing many more years at Fremantle - listening to him they are going nowhere - not that i want either at Geel

Re Tim Kelly - he said Munday is 34 - so obviously interested - said Kelly had a fine 1st season at Geel - alot were wondering whether he could back it up - which he has - but we respect that he is a Geel player at present

He can play as the back up Ruckman, and he does in the VFL. Plus he done it a few times when played in the AFL.. And the only way to see is what he can do is play him, and when I say play him is not 1 game, have to give him 2 or 3 games in a row... As how can only playing 1 game then getting the boot next week is good for any player...
You always get the feeling Buzza was kept as an emergency back up in case we got deep injuries to the rucks or forwards, and wont surprise to see him gone by the end of the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back