Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not overly excited about Narkle staying. As most have expected there is just no market for he and Constable for a reason.

Narkle stays and it’s just that much harder to get games in Cooper Stephens.

At least Narkle has talent but will he change his ways and more importantly change his body shape and running capacity at 24. Unlikely for me.

Not overly excited about Narkle staying. As most have expected there is just no market for he and Constable for a reason.

At least Narkle has talent but will he change his ways and more importantly change his body shape and running capacity at 24. Unlikely for me.

Narkle staying only means he takes up a list spot it doesnt mean he will get picked ahead of stephens.

A great deal of work has been done TheShinboner site around list demographics.
Here is how ours currently sits

geelong-demographics.jpg

geelong-minutes.jpg

geelong-contracts.jpg

I quite like Narkle. I reckon at times with younger players we get obsessed with what they can’t do, rather than what they can.

I like narkle but his fitness and defensive efforts need to improve if he is to make it.

Youd hope a 24 year old would still improve, especially one thats done an ACL and effectively ruled 2 years out of their development to date.

A great deal of work has been done TheShinboner site around list demographics.
Here is how ours currently sits

geelong-demographics.jpg

geelong-minutes.jpg

geelong-contracts.jpg

When you look at that list of 28 and over yes we have a lot numerically but a lot of them are either pure depth (eg fort jenkins) or replaceable role players (dahl hendo higgins rohan etc etc) its really only joel hawk danger tuohy blitz duncan and guthrie that will be very hard to replace and the last 3 have plenty of years left in them. So the list doesnt rely on older players as much as people think we just need to get the balance between experience and youth right.

I'd love him to stay. Perhaps there hasn't been much interest from other clubs. But I remember there being not much interest in a young Stevie J too back in the day. At the end of 2020 I said that our future success rested on having a guy like Narkle cementing his spot in the side and even becoming part of the leadership of the new group. I still stand by that.
We just need a midfield setup to balance his lack of defensive traits …if he adds a bit of size and we re can reshape the midfield he will be fine imo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coopers will be getting games imo I can’t see the senior playing all year again

When you look at that list of 28 and over yes we have a lot numerically but a lot of them are either pure depth (eg fort jenkins) or replaceable role players (dahl hendo higgins rohan etc etc) its really only joel hawk danger tuohy blitz duncan and guthrie that will be very hard to replace and the last 3 have plenty of years left in them. So the list doesnt rely on older players as much as people think we just need to get the balance between experience and youth right.

Yep. And in 12-months time, all of Jenkins, Fort, Higgins, Dahlhaus, Hendo, Selwood, possibly Rohan will be gone. That lowers our age demographic quite considerably

He would be a free agent and in a position where we lack depth. Im not sure why people are blowing up about it.

Because we need to start to look to the future. All bringing Talia in does is take games away from with De Koning or Krueger.

Because we need to start to look to the future. All bringing Talia in does is take games away from with De Koning or Krueger.

De koning isn't ready for KPD yet, needs another year or two to add strength. I have no problem with bringing Talia in for a Josh Jenkins role. Krueger/Henry/Kolo as the designated KPD with DK developing with Talia for depth. Krueger needs a good run at it at the top level this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back