Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 666 and stand rule have returned the power of the ruckman. Its probable that you almost need two rucks, as being beaten in the CB..for 5 minutes might be the difference.

Stanley has had his best year and Ceglar is the green guy with question marks in the batmen tv show.... sort of like the back up villain to the Joker. Both have shown a history injury.... both have shown they can play... although different types.

I can only assume , that they just do not want to make the same mistake that I feel we made for years... probably since Ottens, go intoa season hoping w can make do , hoping there are no injuries.

I guess id ask...is this better than what we have... and is it worth the cost. and that depends on the cost i guess.

A fit Grundy would be the best ruck we’ve had since Ottens. People seem to quickly forget that he was arguably the number one ruck in the game only a few years back. Without elaborating, I’m sure that in a new environment at Geelong we’d see him back to his best.

A fit Grundy would be the best ruck we’ve had since Ottens. People seem to quickly forget that he was arguably the number one ruck in the game only a few years back. Without elaborating, I’m sure that in a new environment at Geelong we’d see him back to his best.
I think maybe we have all been guilty of being to easily seduced by Stanley.

We probably need to remember he's been wildly inconsistent for 10+ years in his AFL career. There is a strong chance he reverts back to his old ways. It's just a matter of when. Let's hope it's not until next year though, and that he has a great finals series in him.

If Grundy wants to come and Collingwood are happy to release him, we will do what's required to get him over the line IMO. We won't pass him up.

He's a risk due to injuries and age, but you can't pass up players of that ilk. And we won't IMO

Im not convinced he would be an improvement of 2022 Stanley...but can 2022 Stanley continue on.

I think maybe we have all been guilty of being to easily seduced by Stanley.

We probably need to remember he's been wildly inconsistent for 10+ years in his AFL career. There is a strong chance he reverts back to his old ways. It's just a matter of when. Let's hope it's not until next year though, and that he has a great finals series in him.

If Grundy wants to come and Collingwood are happy to release him, we will do what's required to get him over the line IMO. We won't pass him up.

He's a risk due to injuries and age, but you can't pass up players of that ilk. And we won't IMO

I think that maybe another proven ruck potentially being brought in might keep that rocket up his ....

Changes plenty for me, if you can get Pies to pay a portion and renegotiate the rest of his contract and spread the amount out over the next 5 years I dont see why we wouldnt do it, Stanley and Ceglar are no guarantees at 32 and we have nobody else remotely ready for senior footy.

Yep agreed at the right price i would absolutely chase him.

Don't know how we afford Hopper, Grundy, JDG and Bruhn. We might get one or two of them I suspect. It sounds like JDG will stay at Pies though.

If we win the Flag, I'd be happy if Selwood left on a high. Higgins, Dahlhaus, also out. That might free up cap for one of Hopper, JDG or Grundy, and we can get Bruhn on a packet of chips contract.

It sounds like Hawkins will go around again, I mean why not with his form.

It will be interesting to see if Tuohy gets another contract. Form wise I see no issue with it, but age wise another question, it would depend who we can snare at the trade table I suppose.

Is Gary Rohan contacted for 2023 as well?

JDG yes please. Is Hopper really that good? Personally think he’s very overrated. No thanks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was going to post the same thing.
Hopper is a b grader, hasn’t shown that much to suggest all the love for him.
Averages nearly 22 possessions and 0.36 goals a game.
Is rated elite for one category “center clearances”
Below average for 13 other midfielder categories

He’s a nice player, but no way I’d give up a first for him

Was going to post the same thing.
Hopper is a b grader, hasn’t shown that much to suggest all the love for him.
Averages nearly 22 possessions and 0.36 goals a game.
Is rated elite for one category “center clearances”
Below average for 13 other midfielder categories

He’s a nice player, but no way I’d give up a first for him
Yep. Don't forget injury prone as well. Would he offer much more than Parfitt or Atkins?
So what I am reading is that most on here would be happy to take Grundy using ~$650k of the salary cap for the next 5 years.

5 years.

For a ruckman coming off 2 significant injuries and is 29 in April and already has 177 games on the clock.

No thanks
Couldnt agree more. There's a reason they are pushing him out the door. Buyer beware

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how we afford Hopper, Grundy, JDG and Bruhn. We might get one or two of them I suspect. It sounds like JDG will stay at Pies though.

If we win the Flag, I'd be happy if Selwood left on a high. Higgins, Dahlhaus, also out. That might free up cap for one of Hopper, JDG or Grundy, and we can get Bruhn on a packet of chips contract.

It sounds like Hawkins will go around again, I mean why not with his form.

It will be interesting to see if Tuohy gets another contract. Form wise I see no issue with it, but age wise another question, it would depend who we can snare at the trade table I suppose.

Is Gary Rohan contacted for 2023 as well?

Rohan is not clear one article says he signed a 2 year deal last year so might be contracted for 23.

Honestly getting players to nominate us and have the trade assets is a bigger issue than capspace. By say 2025 all of hawkins rohan smith tuohy stanley ceglar and potentially dangerfield and menegola will all be gone and guys like duncan blicavs cuthrie bews kolo etc if they are still going will all be on much lower $as well in their 30s by then. We wont have trouble fitting multiple trade ins in the cap particularly if we backend deals

So what I am reading is that most on here would be happy to take Grundy using ~$650k of the salary cap for the next 5 years.

5 years.

For a ruckman coming off 2 significant injuries and is 29 in April and already has 177 games on the clock.

No thanks

Hes an elite ruck of which theres very few in a position of need for us who has historically been super durable until this year. Rucks and leg injuries are dangerous so id want a very good medical but if you get that and reasonable $ (ie he either renegotiates his contract or the pies pay some of it)then i could absolutely see why we would chase grundy. The reality is we would have won more flags in the last few years if we had him and up until the anzac day injury this year he was still playing very well so if you trust the medical that you do then theres huge upside in this for us. I do agree it carries some risk though.

5 years.

No thanks
I think you're rounding his age up and his contracted years up to get to that. Implies he'll be contracted to 34, but his contract runs out age 32.

Assuming we bring in 4 new players in the Draft, who will make way for them? Who will retire and/or who do we move on?

I think you're rounding his age up and his contracted years up to get to that. Implies he'll be contracted to 34, but his contract runs out age 32.
He is 29 in April. That is exactly what I posted.

The contract has 5 more years. That is exactly what I posted.

His contract covers his age 29,30,31,32 & 33 years.

Nothing is implied.

According to Kingy on the Cat Attack podcast JDG will not be at Geelong.
Don’t think the club has ever had any real interest in him anyway. Character first, JDG is overrated and a massive grub
A talented grub.

Assuming we bring in 4 new players in the Draft, who will make way for them? Who will retire and/or who do we move on?

Higgins dahl retired and narkle delist are obvious ones.
If we bring in grundy or another tall then sav will get traded somewhere (for a token late pick).
Evans stevens simpson would all be in delisting danger (possibly some get re rookied with close and atkins elevated).
How many delists will depend on whether any older guys like selwood or others retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back