Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good strategy though to pump up Edwards value. Very Mackie—like.

Mackie-avelian even
Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

Last edited:
Fingers crossed the new WC coach asks the question "is Reid is gonna be in it for the long haul" and gets an answer that he doesn't like... and then decides that it might be best to get the maximum they can for him in this trade period.

I think this happened with Hopper and the newly appointed GWS coach (Kingsley) a couple of years ago.

Any new coach at WC would be trying their best to get Reid on board... but if he thinks that it isn't gonna happen, maybe getting the future in sooner rather than later is what they'd want.

Future picks after Reid is OOC will likely be impacted and weaker than current picks because of Tassie.
Current picks and current future picks could be looked upon as stronger picks to build with.

Of course I'm probably dreaming here... But it's a possibility, especially if they bring in the trading further into the future this trade period.

I have always been in the "we have no shot of getting Reid before he is OOC" basket... but things have slightly shifted.

Fingers crossed the new WC coach asks the question "is Reid is gonna be in it for the long haul" and gets an answer that he doesn't like... and then decides that it might be best to get the maximum they can for him in this trade period.

I think this happened with Hopper and the newly appointed GWS coach (Kingsley) a couple of years ago.

Any new coach at WC would be trying their best to get Reid on board... but if he thinks that it isn't gonna happen, maybe getting the future in sooner rather than later is what they'd want.

Future picks after Reid is OOC will likely be impacted and weaker than current picks because of Tassie.
Current picks and current future picks could be looked upon as stronger picks to build with.

Of course I'm probably dreaming here... But it's a possibility, especially if they bring in the trading further into the future this trade period.

I have always been in the "we have no shot of getting Reid before he is OOC" basket... but things have slightly shifted.

Can’t see any new coach being that aggressive to their new star player. It would immediately alienate him from the supporter base if Reid took umbrage to that approach.

Why is Reid's contract 3 years instead of 2? Has the AFL changed it for drafties or did Reid sign a 3 year deal to begin with?

Rules changed a few years back - all first round draftees sign initial 3 year deals

If that future trading rule comes in this year it opens the possibility of Reid getting to us before he is OOC.
There goes the neighbourhood.......

Strap on your helmets as the big trades will happen eventually ( maybe Reid) and it will either make or break a club.
Slippery slope the AFL is going on here.

GO CAtters

Can’t see any new coach being that aggressive to their new star player. It would immediately alienate him from the supporter base if Reid took umbrage to that approach.

This is not the coach putting it on Reid... this is him asking around and talking to people in the club to get a feel for what they think Reid is going to do (deep down, they'd have a feel for it one way or another).

Trading Reid would be a club decision... not just the new coach.

The only way they'd look to trade him is if they think he is no shot of staying long-term.

If they think that, maybe it's more of a chance of happening now with the new coach coming in and possibly trading further into the future being an option.

Strap on your helmets as the big trades will happen eventually ( maybe Reid) and it will either make or break a club.

GO CAtters
Can't wait for a club to trade away 5 years of draft and **** themselves for 2 decades.

Future trading sounds great but comes with major risks.

Look at WCE trading themselves completely out of 2 trade (Kelly) periods did to them

I would expect the refresh of a new coach probably gives the side a bounce and would probably drive Reid to extend

Can't wait for a club to trade away 5 years of draft and **** themselves for 2 decades.

Future trading sounds great but comes with major risks.

Look at WCE trading themselves completely out of 2 trade (Kelly) periods did to them
I reckon there was a few more moving parts to it than the Tim Kelly trade

I reckon there was a few more moving parts to it than the Tim Kelly trade
Of course but it was the first example that came to mind probably due to Simpson sacking of being able to trade away the clubs future.

Now that i think about it Richmond with Tarranto and Hopper and Hawk with Wingard and Mitchel are other ones.

Now imagine if Clarko and Hardwick could have traded even more of the future of those clubs away whilst they were in denial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance. Wont go anywhere til 2026.

GO CAtters
So basically the crap clubs who players want to leave sulked it up to try and squeeze the lemon a little more...

Hopefully Mackie has put a call into Perth today after the coach sacking.

We need to go full “saving private ryan” and “bring the boy home”

Hi Harley - Andrew Mackie here, how are you mate.

Yeah I’m good Mack Dog. Just in the middle of packing my stuff.

No worries Harls. Private jet will be ready as soon as you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I honestly can't believe how much talk in regards to Reid to Geelong...

Honestly people get sucked in by reading to many irrelevant post here on BigFooty...

Start sifting the sh!t from the clay people.
His not coming to Geelong next season, let's just worry about the more likely trades we are in a chance like Bailey Smith etc

I honestly can't believe how much talk in regards to Reid to Geelong...

Honestly people get sucked in by reading to many irrelevant post here on BigFooty...

Start sifting the sh!t from the clay people.
His not coming to Geelong next season, let's just worry about the more likely trades we are in a chance like Bailey Smith etc
I think the point is people are bored with n the Smith chatter and are looking more long term for entertaining discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back