Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I'd not be super keen.

I feel like we need to find a way to keep a high intensity of pressure post Rohan's retirement and Fogarty is a step in the wrong direction. Good player but I'm skeptical that a mix of Fogarty alongside Neale, Cameron, and Henry will get it done for us. He's also a local SA boy so I'd imagine hard to pry away. In terms of forwards I'd hope we look for an athletic KPF in the Cameron/Reiwoldt mold as a development prospect to supersede Cameron and a more immediate high-impact pressure forward (that isn't small) to fill the more imminent Rohan departure.

I agree that a more athletic fwd would be a better fit.

We also reallt need to focus on trading in mids and a quality ruck (we need to throw a boatload at tdk next year and if we cant get him cast the net wider) more so than fwds which is our strongest line.

I'd not be super keen.

I feel like we need to find a way to keep a high intensity of pressure post Rohan's retirement and Fogarty is a step in the wrong direction. Good player but I'm skeptical that a mix of Fogarty alongside Neale, Cameron, and Henry will get it done for us. He's also a local SA boy so I'd imagine hard to pry away. In terms of forwards I'd hope we look for an athletic KPF in the Cameron/Reiwoldt mold as a development prospect to supersede Cameron and a more immediate high-impact pressure forward (that isn't small) to fill the more imminent Rohan departure.

Rohan is pretty unique, I can't think of anyone else like him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ceiling is much higher than that if developed properly.

But seriously its not the ceiling you chase in recruitment but the expected output. Many players have some attribute if leveraged in the right niche, could in theory provide a pathway to a high ceiling. Odds on their limitations elsewhere prevent it.

KPF is a very all or nothing position, you either elite or mediocre. Even having a long mediocre career is an achievement.

Would love to get Fogarty but no chance he’s leaving the crows, he’ll be part of a really good forward group at the crows going forward. They’ve got a really good mix of forwards all with plenty of years to develop together.
I’ve been skeptical of Neale being able to make it but I’ve really liked how he’s improved each week since Hawk went out.
It’s the body contact on defenders, making contests etc that have impressed me. Because we need him to do those things in the absence of Hawk to bring other into the game and support the work of the team.

I don't get the Darcy Fogarty desire? He screams Kent Kingsley. And that's not an insult, but it also doesn't win premierships.

Jonty competes hard but I wouldn't say his strengths are kicking or marking. Jonty has been playing forward, he probably would make a very good CHB.
Yeah I'm moreso just asking if you want to play a key forward on perceived upside would you go for Lord or draft a kid

I would draft a kid

I don't get the Darcy Fogarty desire? He screams Kent Kingsley. And that's not an insult, but it also doesn't win premierships.
Not exactly an abundance of Jeremy Cameron's to replace Jeremy Cameron with. The attraction is he's potentially free, reasonably capable, a type we don't really have, and we can draft or trade the picks for other needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back