Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there is some key forwards in there we can have a look at

With our first rounder almost certainly being used to pick up Smith (we are getting him right…?) then we’d have to trade back into the first or early second rounds to get our hands on one. I posted about Armstrong a few months ago having seen him play APS. Unfortunately he’s no longer seen as a late pick.

With our first rounder almost certainly being used to pick up Smith (we are getting him right…?) then we’d have to trade back into the first or early second rounds to get our hands on one. I posted about Armstrong a few months ago having seen him play APS. Unfortunately he’s no longer seen as a late pick.

or just have to go to plan b and bring aaron cadman home :p

interesting they say there bit of a stand off between the club and jack henry with his contract. and no contract offered to kolodashni at all.

cant see either of them playing anywhere else.

That's interesting about Kolodjashnij, especially considering that it was only a couple of weeks ago that he spoke how his manager had been catching up with Mackie & the team to discuss a contract extension - so would seem someone is speculating on the situation to drive up interest in a story... If it's between the player involved & a journo, thinking I'd know I'd trust to actually be aware of the situation

interesting they say there bit of a stand off between the club and jack henry with his contract. and no contract offered to kolodashni at all.

cant see either of them playing anywhere else.
Could end of first round compo for Henry be a good enough draft pick to land one of the rated key position forwards in the draft?

Could end of first round compo for Henry be a good enough draft pick to land one of the rated key position forwards in the draft?
how do we get our hands on an end of first round compo? highly doubt any club would pay that much for henry or kolo.

and i wouldnt want to lose either of them anyway, with stewart moved up the ground we have to go pray COS is ready to go start of next year.

how do we get our hands on an end of first round compo? highly doubt any club would pay that much for henry or kolo.

and i wouldnt want to lose either of them anyway, with stewart moved up the ground we have to go pray COS is ready to go start of next year.

actually do anyone know if the compo picks are per FA? i know the pick can be diluted if you acquire a FA and lose a FA. what happens if you lose two FA, do you get 2 picks or 1 pick but accounted for losing both?

actually do anyone know if the compo picks are per FA? i know the pick can be diluted if you acquire a FA and lose a FA. what happens if you lose two FA, do you get 2 picks or 1 pick but accounted for losing both?
Surely it’s just per player.
Imagine losing 2 average players and getting a good pick for them because it accumulated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they’re all arbitrary things that are by the AFL’s making. They could incorporate those things into the regular draft.

E.g, the AFL has decided to make top 20 picks sign 3 year deals upon being drafted, they could just as easily make 5th round picks onwards (the equivalent of the rookie draft) sign only 1 year contracts.

Similarly, theres already a graded salary scale by selection where pick1-20 get more than 21-40, who get more than 41+, who get more than rookies. Just make picks 60+ get a base salary equivalent to the rookie draft with the ability to extend later and it would be the same thing without the convoluted 2 list system we currently have.

It isn't entirely arbitrary the contracts after drafting are dictated by the collective bargaining agreement between the AFL and AFLPA. Using crayon to change a 3 to 5 would be a lot easier

I mean it's rich coming from the supporter of a team with Gryan, but What The Actual:

View attachment 2050655
you heard about this name. CVIIILYN

It's Caitlyn btw. Parents decided the 'ait' would be roman numerals for 8.
Face Palm GIF

Last edited:
As I know his name has been mentioned:

DOGS MID ON RADAR

PORT Adelaide and West Coast both have interest in out-of-contract Western Bulldogs midfielder Riley Garcia.

The 23-year-old is yet to secure an extension at the Whitten Oval, but a handful of rivals across the country are monitoring the West Australian.

Garcia has played nine senior games this year around seven VFL games, overcoming the injury issues that limited him across the past few years.

Opportunities have been hard to secure in the Bulldogs' midfield, despite dominant form in the VFL.

Garcia collected 34 disposals, 17 tackles, 10 clearances and two goals against a strong Carlton reserves side on Sunday after being the unused sub the day before and has averaged 32 disposals and eight clearances for Footscray this year.

The Swan Districts product collected 23 touches and 11 contested possessions in his most recent AFL appearance against Brisbane in round 13, but was squeezed out of the 23.

Garcia was selected with pick No.62 in the 2019 AFL Draft, months after rupturing his ACL in the final game of Western Australia's under-18 championship, ruling him out of most of his debut season. – Josh Gabelich

Interesting that Kolo not yet been offered a contract. Despite his deficiencies he’s been largely good this year and you’d expect he’d get some external interest.

Depends on how it's been reported or if it's just about clicks

We know that JK's manager has recently met with Mackie & co to begin discussion on a new contract. So is it simply a case that at this early stage of things, that the two parties have met for a preliminary chat around expectations of what Jake's next contract looks like and the next steps of a formal offer are to come, OR at that meeting did Mackie inform Jake's manager that a new deal isn't forthcoming...

Two very different scenarios

By the sound of it, there is plenty of depth in this years draft ( by what iv read ) there be a few Key Forwards to choose from in the 2nd or 3rd round picks

By the sound of it, there is plenty of depth in this years draft ( by what iv read ) there be a few Key Forwards to choose from in the 2nd or 3rd round picks

Likely to be available in the second round but the higher rated ones will be gone before we get to call unless we trade back into the earlier part of the draft.

As I know his name has been mentioned:

DOGS MID ON RADAR

PORT Adelaide and West Coast both have interest in out-of-contract Western Bulldogs midfielder Riley Garcia.

The 23-year-old is yet to secure an extension at the Whitten Oval, but a handful of rivals across the country are monitoring the West Australian.

Garcia has played nine senior games this year around seven VFL games, overcoming the injury issues that limited him across the past few years.

Opportunities have been hard to secure in the Bulldogs' midfield, despite dominant form in the VFL.

Garcia collected 34 disposals, 17 tackles, 10 clearances and two goals against a strong Carlton reserves side on Sunday after being the unused sub the day before and has averaged 32 disposals and eight clearances for Footscray this year.

The Swan Districts product collected 23 touches and 11 contested possessions in his most recent AFL appearance against Brisbane in round 13, but was squeezed out of the 23.

Garcia was selected with pick No.62 in the 2019 AFL Draft, months after rupturing his ACL in the final game of Western Australia's under-18 championship, ruling him out of most of his debut season. – Josh Gabelich
That makes a lot more sense than us. He'd go pretty well at Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back