Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Can take Mason Wood off our trade list, just signed a new 3 year extension.

Yeah he is stoked!!
Sounded like a very happy man.
Having a well earned break in Japan ATM.
Would've been a good get 4 mine.

Wood?
He's 31 and played a couple of decent seasons his career to date.
Be damming if we were actually into a player like that.
Yep. I can tell u we were. We asked... more than once.
He got really lucky with an extra year when Battle elected to leave.
Kudos to him backing himself in.
Timing hey?

It is hardly a shock that Bailey Smith is asking for a mega contract.

The contract was always going to be the bigger risk than what we traded for him, well assuming we don't give up 2 firsts or something completely ridiculous.

Wood just extended for 3 years at the Aints.
People going bat shut crazy about Smith with a 6 year contract yet a player like Wood is getting a 3 year contract at the age of 31

I wonder what everyone would prefer,
I’d take Smith on a 8 year deal before I offered Wood a 3 year deal at his age.
His management has done an exceptional job

People going bat shut crazy about Smith with a 6 year contract yet a player like Wood is getting a 3 year contract at the age of 31

I wonder what everyone would prefer,
I’d take Smith on a 8 year deal before I offered Wood a 3 year deal at his age.
His management has done an exceptional job
Yeah but St Kilda are historically the "Hold my beer" club of the AFL.

You thought you were stupid? Wait till you see what we do!!

Just doesn't make any sense.

We've had legends of this club win us premierships and deliver so much joy over the years.

If we're not going to break the bank or the team ethos for them....then we're not going to break it for a guy who's delivered us nothing.

I'm pro getting Smith, and I believe he'd help us immensely...but this situation is far more Hopper esque than it is Dangerfield or Cameron.

There's a very real scenario that he doesn't come here, and we look back on it as a blessing in disguise.

The opposite is also true, but it's not at a Dangerfield or Cameron premiership deciding level IMO.

We won't overpay, we never do. We'll happily let Smith slip through if we can't agree to terms.

Yeah he is stoked!!
Sounded like a very happy man.
Having a well earned break in Japan ATM.
Would've been a good get 4 mine.

When he was at Nth Melb , i allways thought he had talent and thus at that point i thought he would be a handy pick up for the Cats

However the last game of this year , the last qtr Carlton ( fighting for their survival ) they put StK under enormous pressure and i didnt like what i saw from Mason Wood , so left sided and as Daz Broncos re pointed out one issue with Sam Menegola the huge exagerated ball drop , well Wood has got the same issue , basically holds the ball in left hand up near his chest , with this huge ball drop , well in a confined space it doesnt work , theres no Peter Featherby in him , alah lets get the ball onto the boot nimbly and quickly

After watching that i thought thank goodness he didnt come to Geelong

Didn't Stengle get 5?

I can't remember.

Yeah only player i can think of getting 6 is Jez and it's a 5 year deal with a 6th as a trigger.
Think even Danger only did a 5 year deal.

"The Coleman Medallist and dual All-Australian signed a five-year deal worth around $900,000 per season, plus incentives."
Pretty sure 6th year was added if he met certain triggers. Probably AA selections or goals kicked.

Yeah only player i can think of getting 6 is Jez and it's a 5 year deal with a 6th as a trigger.
Think even Danger only did a 5 year deal.

"The Coleman Medallist and dual All-Australian signed a five-year deal worth around $900,000 per season, plus incentives."
Pretty sure 6th year was added if he met certain triggers. Probably AA selections or goals kicked.

I'm pretty sure that Dangerfield's initial contract was 6-years - not sure it was ever specified as such, but I'm going on the info from his contract extension that he signed Nov 2019:

"But with the ink still drying on the three-year contract extension he signed on Thursday afternoon, which ties the seven-time All-Australian to Kardinia Park until the end of 2024, Dangerfield is ready to go again"

If that 3-year extension took him through to 2024, it means the 3 years covered: 2022, 23 & 24

That also then suggests his initial contract was 6-years covering: 2016, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy Classified mentioned Cats and Swans into Jake Stringer

Angwin has signed on. Another one off the list.

This Stringer news is pretty left field.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Please no Stringer!
I get we are about to say goodbye to Tuohy, Rohan, Stanley & Hawkins but we are far better off bringing in blokes who have good character. Macrae, Haynes, Membrey etc.
There's dickheads, and then there's Stringer. He's in his own category.

I'm a big believer in second chances, but some of the stuff he's done is pretty messed up. Happy for someone else to make him their problem

With what's quickly becoming a younger group, you don't want those types at your club. You probably don't want them regardless.

As you say, if we want the experience, there's plenty of high character guys around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back