Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Agree with all that.

Crossley wont get looked at thanks to the drug issues and his mum but i agree we should look for a state league type ruck.
I don't know what the issue is with his mum, but the fact that we were the club that gave Stengle a third opportunity just a couple of years ago, and were rewarded so well, makes me wonder.

But I'm not attached to Crossley. If not him, I'm sure there must be a couple of other decent big blokes running around in the state leagues that we could get for virtually nothing, that could do the job and would jump at the chance.

I don't know what the issue is with his mum, but the fact that we were the club that gave Stengle a third opportunity just a couple of years ago, and were rewarded so well, makes me wonder.

But I'm not attached to Crossley. If not him, I'm sure there must be a couple of other decent big blokes running around in the state leagues that we could get for virtually nothing, that could do the job and would jump at the chance.

Have you seen Crossley play? He would be 130kg

Have you seen Crossley play? He would be 130kg
I have two words for you: Buninyong sausages.

Yes he's a big lad, but I bet if you gave him a lifeline and a brutal preseason he'd be ready to go next year.

But as I also said, I'm not attached to him. Just an example given how he gave our VFL boys a touch up last week and also torched the Dogs today, despite the extra kgs. If not him, I'm sure there is another big, strong, mature-bodied ruckman out there in the state leagues somewhere worthy of an opportunity.

Last edited:
Forward scout just means scouting the opposition before you play them

That’s what the King & Rahilly were doing

With them was a member of our recruitment team - maybe he’s normally NSW based scout and this was an opportunity to catch up with the coaches

That’s what the King & Rahilly were doing

With them was a member of our recruitment team - maybe he’s normally NSW based scout and this was an opportunity to catch up with the coaches

I didn't know the third guy at all but based on the commentators they said he was an opposition scout. He would go and watch the opposition most weeks and prepare a report for CS. Given it is a final the assistant coaches went too tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have two words for you: Buninyong sausages.

Yes he's a big lad, but I bet if you gave him a lifeline and a brutal preseason he'd be ready to go next year.

But as I also said, I'm not attached to him. Just an example given how he gave our VFL boys a touch up last week and also torched the Dogs today, despite the extra kgs. If not him, I'm sure there is another big, strong, mature-bodied ruckman out there in the state leagues somewhere worthy of an opportunity.
But we never get such a ruckman who is any good and not injury prone. Other clubs manage to find them.

I didn't know the third guy at all but based on the commentators they said he was an opposition scout. He would go and watch the opposition most weeks and prepare a report for CS. Given it is a final the assistant coaches went too tonight.

Was that channel 7 commentary?

Foxtel commentary referred to him our long term forwards scout

Maybe some confusion amongst the different commentary teams?

Nah, I actually don’t know about this one. There is logic to Gee is saying though, as there has been no actual official announcement by Gold Coast Suns, just an article by Josh Gabelich saying he will re-sign in the coming days. That was six days ago and since then the Dusty news has come out. Maybe he just gets announced on Monday but it is interesting and definitely wouldn’t be the most stunning backflip we’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know some people who are involved at the Club, there views on Mitch Edwards, they think once he get his body onto shape , that he will be better than Conway.. They are excited about Edwards

That's a big call, because Toby looked the goods when he could get on the park this year and he isn't close to his peak.

That said, Mitch looked good the 1-2 VFL games I saw, though obviously super raw still.

Having watch Edwards in the VFL this year when he got to play... I get their excitement...

Kid can play.... needs to get his body right but the silver service he was giving in the centre and around the ground plus the follow up work he did....

more please.... but he is years away still.

GO Catters

I know some people who are involved at the Club, there views on Mitch Edwards, they think once he get his body onto shape , that he will be better than Conway.. They are excited about Edwards
Very exciting for the young fella. He is so scrawny though we are going to be waiting a while

Edwards might have his body ready by the time Conway should be in his prime, or fallen away due to injury.
Timing for Edwards is great for us, assuming a linear path for his body and development he could be ready to be an AFL footballer exactly when we need him to.
Both Conway and Edwards both have the skillset to be a top 3/5 ruck in their prime, some beautiful ruckcraft we haven't seen since Ottens and King.

Burst onto the scene in his first dozen or so games. Looked liked he was gonna be real good. Dropped off a bit since but I’d take him

Id be surprised if odriscoll leaves freo with his sister there but then again they have a poor retention record so who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back