Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Aren't they both from the Mornington Peninsula?

Why TDK's alleged, and seemingly sudden, interest in moving north seemed odd in isolation.

But if SDK is considering it too.....well, it makes some sort of sense all of a sudden.

Similarly, SDK's alleged consideration of a move doesn't make any sense without TDK's rumour.

But only rumours atm!

The two rumours make better sense together, whereas you consider one without the other and it makes less sense.

But only rumours at this point it must be said.
Spot On. Maybe the folks and some of the family have settled up there??? Maybe 🤔 has something to do with options that have opened up.

I agree on the need to pick up a mature back up ruck in the off season (along with a power mid, raw key forward and small defender - I'll write a deeper analysis on this after our season is done).

My understanding is that Stanley had to be convinced to play on in 2024, so I'm assuming he's not lacing them up for another one. And while I'd love to see Conway own the ruck position in 2025, I'm not sure that he or his body are quite there yet.

And if Stanley is gone and Conway is out, we have very little left. Neale should stay forward, SDK should stay back, and Blicavs can pinch hit for a few minutes to give the #1 ruck a break but we're in trouble if we need him to ruck for whole games. Furphy and Edwards are a long way off. So I think we need a Soldo or Preuss type, someone who is not getting a regular game where they are now but could come over and play anywhere from 5-12 games in the ruck and hold his own.

Maybe rather than raiding someone else's list, we should look at the state leagues for a mature-bodied ruckman looking for an opportunity. I didn't see much of the game but by all accounts Brayden Crossley from Southport carved up our VFL side last week - he's a 25yo ex-AFL ruckman with a big body who might be worth a look IMO.

Agree with all that.

Crossley wont get looked at thanks to the drug issues and his mum but i agree we should look for a state league type ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Harley Reid connection?
He’s a real long shot.
Looking at a 7-8-9 year deal that we’re not entertaining for anyone these days except we did dangle something close to it for the Torquay boy CC. Will Cadman demand it for a move to the Bellarine?? Who knows where these huge contracts are heading. I am surprised the AFL haven’t put a limit on it. Nearly killed teams and in turn the league in the NHL in the states
Is the left footer within our grasp from WA?
He was pretty bullish and I was just hoping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back