Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

It’s not an overreaction to see we need to make some changes. Our youth looks great and some of the veterans are still very important.
But we can make a decision to move on a number of the older out of contract players without losing much to the team.
We have plenty of experienced players without needing Duncan, Rohan, Stanley etc to be part of the club.

Some serious questions need to be asked on players like Atkins. He’s been poor since Selwood left the midfield. It wasn’t just his game last night it’s a big body of work where he was not good enough. They need to either move past him or find another role for him launch as down back.

Heron is good and has real pace which we need. Both him and dawson have improved since they were delisted by gc. But im unsure if either wants to be drafted back to afl for min wage as they are probably on good money at southport.

Can only ask. He looked to me though to be AFL standard.

I have a weird confidence we'll get a player from Knevitt. Just maybe not a mid.

Runs all day, takes a great contested mark, good kick, good decision maker, 194cm. Give him one full preseason with the midfield group and if it's not working flip him over to the defenders for a while see what happens. Doesn't mind swinging forward for a goal eithe
I see Knevitt as a wing who can use his height to create a mismatch forward or roll back into defence. Just got to get games into him I reckon.

I have no idea on what basis Mitch Duncan can look in the mirror and say “I have more to offer” and is set to play on.

Agreed.

His retirement now would be a graceful exit.

I get they want to stagger retirements and all, so I'm presuming they're retaining him to help guide the kids in the VFL and be a break glass should we become depleted in the seniors.

He's been a great player, but we're in a bit of trouble if he gets regular games next year imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spoke to someone who knows Duncan's oldies yesterday.

Apparently he is definitely keen to go on.

Although has cooked vibes about him.

I mean a fit Mitch Duncan playing as a sub... That isn't a great sign.

If he hangs around offering good leadership behind the scenes and at a low wage then I'd live with that.
How many does he need for 300? Last decent game I reckon he had was early in the year vs the hawks in the wet, we can’t really use him as a sub, he’s a liability around the ground, a great kick when he’s on, issue is if you are too slow to get boot to ball around the backline or midfield these days it’s an instant turnover and a fair chance of an opposition score.

After all that, my R1> fwiw..

Guthrie SDK Zuthrie
Humphries Henry Stewart
Knevitt Smith Miers
Conway Holmes Bruhn
Martin Neale Mannagh
Cameron Henry Stengle

Mullin Bruhn Close Danger

Blicavs

Clohesy COS Clark
Dempsey for Knevitt and it's not far off the mark.

Mitch needs games, and he needs to earn them too...but Ollie could be an AA wingman next year if he progresses (and they actually pick wingman)

With that being said, it's all academic until trade period is concluded, and arguably the draft too.

Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but as Cataholic says, we can hold onto the CS "we have a lot of balls in the air" until proven otherwise.

I don't mind signing on Bews and Duncan.

A 23 games home and away season is quite long and you have to maintain a large squad to keep it in good nick.

This year MC has shown a willingness to reduce old mainstays game time as appropriate.

I don't mind signing on Bews and Duncan.

A 23 games home and away season is quite long and you have to maintain a large squad to keep it in good nick.

This year MC has shown a willingness to reduce old mainstays game time as appropriate.

A case of keeping old heads for the break glass emergency whilst also controlling the brain drain from our squad.

I have no idea on what basis Mitch Duncan can look in the mirror and say “I have more to offer” and is set to play on.

The question Mitch & the club should be asking themselves is - "If I was on 275 games instead of 296, would I be playing on for another year?"

Dempsey for Knevitt and it's not far off the mark.

Mitch needs games, and he needs to earn them too...but Ollie could be an AA wingman next year if he progresses (and they actually pick wingman)

With that being said, it's all academic until trade period is concluded, and arguably the draft too.

Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but as Cataholic says, we can hold onto the CS "we have a lot of balls in the air" until proven otherwise.
Knew I’d forget someone 🤠

Why? It is obvious that it's time to call time with him.
You’ve been preaching all year it’s his last year due to the fact he was in the VFL
He has come in and done a good job without being excellent.
Last night he was again solid.
If you don’t think so, watch the vision of who’s was on who when goals were kicked
It wasn’t Bews

Im more concerned about Duncan being offered a contract, that to me is astonishing

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back