Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

a3ee7ee0ea9fa4a0b5cb5b50b45cc9ec.jpg

I have heard it said that having a shot at it previously and failing turns a lot of recruiters off.

I haven't been watching him at all, he's playing on ball? Previously he was just a small forward right?

Don’t know anything about his previous history other than he was a GC academy player.

I only first noticed him in the Southport final at KP against our VFL team. He had an impressive burst of acceleration and was able to win his own footy. Then again today every time he touched it he made good decisions and again showed impressive pace.

I know I’ve banged on about him in a few posts but he just looks a player to me.

Don’t know anything about his previous history other than he was a GC academy player.

I only first noticed him in the Southport final at KP against our VFL team. He had an impressive burst of acceleration and was able to win his own footy. Then again today every time he touched it he made good decisions and again showed impressive pace.

I know I’ve banged on about him in a few posts but he just looks a player to me.
Sign me up

I think he'll run into the same problem Mitch Hardie did

I get that point but hes a much better kick and mark than hardie and has more positional versatility.

Butters would be incredible but surely people understand the chances of getting him are slim to none
Unless we trade a player like SDK and gain extra draft picks
We just don’t have the draft capital to get it done

Well, there HAS been a rumour about TDK heading north for starters.......

I have no idea about the veracity of that rumour.

Just sayin'.........

I reckon he'd have gotten the tickets through cotton on. So technically all above board

Its above board but its not a good look in terms of antagonising the dogs when we are about to do a trade. Id have preferred he stayed home.

Rhys ‘expected to go around again’ according to Tom Morris 🤔

View attachment 2118637

Honestly so he should.
Form has been ok, and we can't rely on Conway to get through an entire season, if he doesn't and we don't have Stanley we are boned in the ruck.
Secondly, can't have all those guys retire all at once, need to scatter them. This season is Tuohy, Hawkins and Rohan (I assume), next season Duncan and Stanley, following Dangerfield and Blicavs, with Cuthrie at some point in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its above board but its not a good look in terms of antagonising the dogs when we are about to do a trade. Id have preferred he stayed home.

He's been an ambassador for cotton on for years and gets things like that very often, it's only NOW he's leaving that it becomes an issue for some.
Probably wouldn't have cared that he was in the crowd in the 2022 QF, PF and GF watching the Cats.

The SDK conundrum won’t be an issue for much longer if Dogs fans get their way. They seem to be under the impression that he’ll be the fringe player steak knives to sweeten the two first rounders we’ll apparently be sending their way.

Honestly so he should.
Form has been ok, and we can't rely on Conway to get through an entire season, if he doesn't and we don't have Stanley we are boned in the ruck.

Secondly, can't have all those guys retire all at once, need to scatter them. This season is Tuohy, Hawkins and Rohan (I assume), next season Duncan and Stanley, following Dangerfield and Blicavs, with Cuthrie at some point in there.
On a little research I can only assume we’re going to go with Stanley/Conway combo once again in the 2025 season
These ruckman are out of contract at the end of next season, maybe just maybe we have a verbal agreement one of them will join at the end of next season

O’brien UFA
DeKoning RFA
Draper RFA
Soldo
Ladhams

On a little research I can only assume we’re going to go with Stanley/Conway combo once again in the 2025 season
These ruckman are out of contract at the end of next season, maybe just maybe we have a verbal agreement one of them will join at the end of next season

O’brien UFA
DeKoning RFA
Draper RFA
Soldo
Ladhams

This is why I like keeping Stanley for another season, especially if it's well known he's now second option behind Conway and only in the team for depth, or if Conway is injured.
We NEED Conway to get his body right and take us forward or we are in a world of hurt, unless we can snare 1 of those rucks you mentioned.

He's been an ambassador for cotton on for years and gets things like that very often, it's only NOW he's leaving that it becomes an issue for some.
Probably wouldn't have cared that he was in the crowd in the 2022 QF, PF and GF watching the Cats.

I get it and i understand its part of his commercial deal with cotton on but its a poor look just before the trade week. Im surprised connors didnt advise him to stay home.

It's probably more because he's right next to the Cats players (you can see Jeka & COS in the background)

Agree though that it's a non-issue. If the Dogs fans want to get worked up about it then whatever, it's their life.

It does happen though. I remember vividly Travis Cloke at a final wearing a Dogs scarf in 2016 when he was still technically a Collingwood player.

As far as anything suspicious though, it's a nothing burger.

The guy is there to see his future teammates, and/or dealing with Cotton On matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back