Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

He was originally but when furphy came in that meant we had 3 cat bs (mullin furphy clohesy) and the limit is 2. So this means either mullin or clohesy was quietly elevated to senior list at end 2023 but the club never announced which one was.
Now I'm with you. I assume we'd have elevated Mullin

Yeah he is going to look really good on our long term injury list

Martin is one I’d be happy to pass on - not sure why there’s the interest in a player who’s spent more time with the teams medical staff over recent years than with his teammates on the field

It’s similar with seeing some suggesting we should look at Preuss who after joing GWS, played 0 senior games in 3 of his 4 seniors systems with them due to injury and hasn’t played at senior level since round 21 2022

Somehow these guys who’ve been delisted by other teams & been battling significant injury concerns, are suddenly some sort of superstars just waiting for the right team to pick them up - don’t get it

He was originally but when furphy came in that meant we had 3 cat bs (mullin furphy clohesy) and the limit is 2. So this means either mullin or clohesy was quietly elevated to senior list at end 2023 but the club never announced which one was.
You've been able to have 3 category B's with AFL approval for quite a while now, we just as far as I know are the only club actually currently doing it.

You've been able to have 3 category B's with AFL approval for quite a while now, we just as far as I know are the only club actually currently doing it.
I looked up the pdf afl rules just 5 minutes ago and it listed a max of 2. Unless i accidentally downloaded an old version they didn't take down?

You cant unless you leave a cat a rookie spot open and we have the full complement of cat As hence wondering if ted or mullin are sitting on the senior list. The afl used to announce the rookie elevations on draft night but its harder to work them out now.

Yeah he is going to look really good on our long term injury list

True dat, we're in a better position to win the "if only [permanently injured players] were available the whole season we'd have been amazing" premiership than we've been in years. Brings me to the good old days of the mid-2010s, when the likes of Menzel, McCarthy, Vardy, Cockatoo and Cowan could be counted on to represent an amazing hypothetical Cats side that never took the field but that we could nonetheless project all our hopes on to. 😍

Martin is one I’d be happy to pass on - not sure why there’s the interest in a player who’s spent more time with the teams medical staff over recent years than with his teammates on the field

It’s similar with seeing some suggesting we should look at Preuss who after joing GWS, played 0 senior games in 3 of his 4 seniors systems with them due to injury and hasn’t played at senior level since round 21 2022

Somehow these guys who’ve been delisted by other teams & been battling significant injury concerns, are suddenly some sort of superstars just waiting for the right team to pick them up - don’t get it

I mean thats true but rohan was terribly injury prone at sydney and we got good availability from him so theres always exceptions.

I'd rather we just have kept Rohan tbh if the Martin pursuit is legit. Better player and more use to us structurally.

Even if they "get it right", they're never really the same player again.

Vardy, McCarthy, Cockatoo, Mitch Brown etc all managed to string together some footy after their injuries - but never hit the heights they could have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Clohesy leaves our VFL team next year is looking very thin.

Might get cooper stephens back to the vfl squad 😂 seriously we will need to recruit a couple of mature bodies into the vfl program unless we draft mature agers for the afl list.

True dat, we're in a better position to win the "if only [permanently injured players] were available the whole season we'd have been amazing" premiership than we've been in years. Brings me to the good old days of the mid-2010s, when the likes of Menzel, McCarthy, Vardy, Cockatoo and Cowan could be counted on to represent an amazing hypothetical Cats side that never took the field but that we could nonetheless project all our hopes on to. 😍

While this year set a certain standard, the next few years are gonna be even more weird,

Might get cooper stephens back to the vfl squad 😂 seriously we will need to recruit a couple of mature bodies into the vfl program unless we draft mature agers for the afl list.

He is one I thought about, but as a life long Hawks fan, wonder if he’d prefer to stay at Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back