Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

didn't we also used to have a user called shadow?
Yeah shadow something, was absolutely obsessed with the trade stuff.. Got something wrong or called out for something from memory and had a massive melt and nuked their account.

Good times, can't wait for what happens with v2

If Oliver still wants out the smart move would be to leave immediately after formal requirements tonight. It would send a much stronger message than what others are saying about him causing a stir. Because it would show he’s professional but doesn’t want anything to do with the club.

Yeah shadow something, was absolutely obsessed with the trade stuff.. Got something wrong or called out for something from memory and had a massive melt and nuked their account.

He was a good dude for the most part, someone just got him on a bad day from memory.

Could happen to anyone really. We're all strangers with no idea what's happened to each other during our personal lives.

Practice kindness without being a boring campaigner. Someone should make a motto out of that tbh.

If he gets stuck at melbourne, strong chance he pulls a “i need a mental health break” and doesn’t play, all while cashing his high pay cheque.

This is going to blow up in melbourne’s face big time.

Nah he will just turn up and phone it in so they can't breach his contract.

You need to listen to the audio... Viney gives the most unsure non-committal answer ever. Even cuts himself off from saying Oliver wants to play at Melbourne next year
Transcribed the Viney part so people could see how wish washy it is

"This is just moments ago. Jack Viney was door stopped by Channel 10 and was asked about Clayton Oliver."

"Yeah, Yeah, No I think I look forward to playing with Clayton next year. So no valued member of the team. So yeah. And I look forward to getting through this little period and get stuck into it in the next year. You know this time of year there's always kind of trade rumors, this kind of stuff and players meeting with other clubs.
So you know I spoke to Clazz and, you know, he's looking forward to, you know, I'm looking forward to him being part of the Melbourne Football Club next year."

"And you're certain that he is as well?"

"I mean, I'm not privy to this management discussions, but you know, my understanding is, yeah, he's a Melbourne player next year, My understanding is that he's a Melbourne football player next year."

"This is just moments ago. Jack Viney was door stopped by Channel 10 and was asked about Clayton Oliver."

"Yeah, Yeah, No I think I look forward to playing with Clayton next year. So no valued member of the team. So yeah. And I look forward to getting through this little period and get stuck into it in the next year. You know this time of year there's always kind of trade rumors, this kind of stuff and players meeting with other clubs.
So you know I spoke to Clazz and, you know, he's looking forward to, you know, I'm looking forward to him being part of the Melbourne Football Club next year."

"I mean, I'm not privy to this management discussions, but you know, my understanding is, yeah, he's a Melbourne player next year, My understanding is that he's a Melbourne football player next year."

Thank God for Jack viney he can play football because he can't orate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a good dude for the most part, someone just got him on a bad day from memory.

Could happen to anyone really. We're all strangers with no idea what's happened to each other during our personal lives.

Practice kindness without being a boring campaigner. Someone should make a motto out of that tbh.
Also a good lesson for people not to take this place so seriously and that there is a world outside by the same token

Jessica Lynn Parsons GIF by The Dungeon Run

Legend...
The bit where he course corrects himself so he doesn't say Oliver is looking forward to being part of the Melbourne Football Club next year really jumped out to me

I also could just be hearing what I want to hear from it as well 😂

Definitely not this Shadow cat I was around the time when danger was moving to Geelong.
There was this poster who also kept saying we are getting a mystery mid never really came to reality.
Wonder if he is around.
pure orange turbo cat and Willo are the users I remember the most.

This for me too. That’s to say, extraordinarily bad handling by the Dees (or Pert I guess).
Seems like Pert went rogue and has now been pulled back into line by the powers that be. Cats didn't offer the world when Gary flew the kite so the board is retreating at the speed of light.

Won't end well for Oliver's time at Melbourne. But I think he's now almost certain to be pulling on the red and blue alongside club stalwart Christian Petracca next season.

#youcouldntmakeitup
#whatadebacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back