Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Yeah Nah... Another SuperHypedSpud.
Very little footy nous and forward craft, less than his brother who is just BOG average in my opinion.
Rory Lobb has them(King Bros) covered and thats not saying much TBH.
Would caveat by saying Ben looks pretty good. 3rd in the Coleman in a side that didn't make the 8

Prob with FR1 next year tku really think we’ll be this high again?

Don’t wanna give FR1 for Baz and give away pick 8-11
next year

Go Catters

Last edited:
Yeah Nah... Another SuperHypedSpud.
Very little footy nous and forward craft, less than his brother who is just BOG average in my opinion.
Rory Lobb has them(King Bros) covered and thats not saying much TBH.
This is a very poor take. He went from 22 goals in 2020, 38 goals in 2021 and then 52 goals in 2022. Was clearly on the way up before struck by injury. Someone with very little footy nous doesn't kick 52 goals in a year.

You can argue he is not a good list fit or injury prone etc but he clearly has a high level of talent which St Kilda is struggling to get enough out of him. We would struggle to get a player of his talent in the top 10 of any draft

This is a very poor take. He went from 22 goals in 2020, 38 goals in 2021 and then 52 goals in 2022. Was clearly on the way up before struck by injury. Someone with very little footy nous doesn't kick 52 goals in a year.

You can argue he is not a good list fit or injury prone etc but he clearly has a high level of talent which St Kilda is struggling to get enough out of him. We would struggle to get a player of his talent in the top 10 of any draft
Each 2 their own.
Not4me. He is just an BOG average forward.
Nothing more nothing less.
The hype was just that.
Cheers

I'd pass on both as i don't rank them very high.
My Saints mate would trade his King for a slab of Guinness he tells me on more than one occasion lol.
I would take king in a heartbeat. 2x1sts happily.

The kid is a gun with a huge cieling. Multiple issues have stiffled him.

Naturally more talented than his twin brother.

Yeah I would be shocked if any future picks went out for him
Depends.
We might have a high rank as in a "TOP 5" Wells Special (hello Jonty Faull?? lol)on a fella who's gonna be there at 15-19.
Things like that tend to change one's future thinking especially if they think the 2025 draft isn't as deep.
Not knowing on either, but just i can see how things could change.

I would take king in a heartbeat. 2x1sts happily.

The kid is a gun with a huge cieling. Multiple issues have stiffled him.

Naturally more talented than his twin brother.
Get a box of Guinness and my mate will swap hehe.
LOL luckily both of us and he have zero influence on what happens in the real world of the AFL.
Not a ver high ceiling 4me.
Talent alone only gets u a ticket to the dance.
But some dance like RayGun when they get there.

Depends.
We might have a high rank as in a "TOP 5" Wells Special (hello Jonty Faull?? lol)on a fella who's gonna be there at 15-19.
Things like that tend to change one's future thinking especially if they think the 2025 draft isn't as deep.
Not knowing on either, but just i can see how things could change.
Yeah maybe but knowing Wells that dude is probably available in the Rookie Draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, I reckon majority of Cat fans would trade Neale for King without thinking twice.

Neale is tracking along nicely but King's ceiling is higher. His marking is outstanding and in our team, he would truly evolve into one of the premier forwards in the comp.
When Neale was drafted I compared him to King to friends
Just a poorer version.
Now I’m not too sure, King at the saints hasn’t improved for years and could say he might’ve already hit his ceiling.
As for Neale, he could be anything if he holds his marks

When Neale was drafted I compared him to King to friends
Just a poorer version.
Now I’m not too sure, King at the saints hasn’t improved for years and could say he might’ve already hit his ceiling.
As for Neale, he could be anything if he holds his marks
I don't really rate either Kings, the one on the GC kicks goals but doesn't really dominate, doesn't tear games apart. Quite a few games where he kicks 2 or 3 goals but thats it, doesn't bring teammates into contests, doesn't bring the ball to ground, next to no pressure.
All the things people shit on OHenry for but with an extra 2 years of development and a higher price tag.

At least theres been glimpses from the Saints King where he has taken a lot of marks and made things happen. But constantly injured.

Plus Ben Kings best haul was 5 against Richmond this year, not like he did it against quality opposition. And Maxs best was 6 against Richmond last year.
I would say "lets see how they do in finals" but Ben will never get there and Max kicked 3 but contributed very little else in a 4 goal loss last year.

Jake Niall in today’s Age says Baz is a done deal:

Unless there is an unexpected twist, or the trade founders on the rocks of recalcitrance, Bailey Smith will be moving down the Geelong Road to play for the Cats in 2025.

Smith’s likely landing at Geelong has been touted for some weeks and this column can confirm, based on conversations with well-placed sources who don’t want to say anything until the dealing’s done, that “Bazlenka” (his social media moniker) is Geelong-bound, unless something goes badly awry.

Smith’s choice rests on a few key considerations.

One is that he wants to play as a frontline midfielder, rather than as a wing or high half-forward. Geelong will afford him that opportunity, given that Dangerfield is 34, Joel Selwood is gone, Mitch Duncan 33, Cam Guthrie 32, and Smith can act as a bridge between those in the career twilight zones and the kids the Cats have drafted.

Jake Niall in today’s Age says Baz is a done deal:

Twists could be Hawks trade for Barrass fails. Similar bairns when our trade for Hopper failed and we have Bruhn a call who at that point was basically locked into Hawks

Twists could be Hawks trade for Barrass fails. Similar bairns when our trade for Hopper failed and we have Bruhn a call who at that point was basically locked into Hawks
For mine, it just depends on where Baz wants to live and play.

Hopper was seduced by the $$$ and the stupid long contract.

Baz (IMO) doesn't need that as much as Hopper did (Baz is already filthy rich with money streaming from every angle).

I would assume he possibly had the option of Geelong or Hawks and has decided we are what he wants.

If he changes that up late I'll be shocked... I don't think he needs the $$$ like Hopper so I don't expect him to be swung by a late $$$ ramp.

Nothing is 100% though... but I see it differently to Hopper who mustn't have had his heart set on us and dipped when a "better" option/contract was presented.

For mine, it just depends on where Baz wants to live and play.

Hopper was seduced by the $$$ and the stupid long contract.

Baz (IMO) doesn't need that as much as Hopper did (Baz is already filthy rich with money streaming from every angle).

I would assume he possibly had the option of Geelong or Hawks and has decided we are what he wants.

If he changes that up late I'll be shocked... I don't think he needs the $$$ like Hopper so I don't expect him to be swung by a late $$$ ramp.

Nothing is 100% though... but I see it differently to Hopper who mustn't have had his heart set on us and dipped when a "better" option/contract was presented.
Wells & co are often lauded for the selections they get right, on this occasion they should be lauded for the one they walked away from.

lol, I reckon majority of Cat fans would trade Neale for King without thinking twice.

Neale is tracking along nicely but King's ceiling is higher. His marking is outstanding and in our team, he would truly evolve into one of the premier forwards in the comp.
Trade someone we hope one day can kick 50 goals for someone who already has.
I'd bite your arm off for that trade.

And I don't dislike Neale.

Has there actually been any news articles of Mason Wood actually been linked to Geelong? Or is it more just people's words on here

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back