Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

1726184168078.png

JOE GUTNICK'S CALLS​

The four major suggestions Joe Gutnick gave incoming Melbourne caretaker president Brad Green.
● MAKING the disgruntled Christian Petracca the heir apparent to skipper Max Gawn.
● STRONGLY endorsing Green as the permanent president;
● URGING a settlement in the bitter legal dispute between the club and former president Glen Bartlett
● KEEPING under-fire chief executive Gary Pert.

That’s where the fun begins and they can then lose the prem or GF :D

Even if they beat the Hawks I don't see how they get past Sydney.

It's going to take a monumental effort from them today. They've got serious concerns with form and injury, and they looked mentally shattered last week.

But I'm on the Port train. Toot toot!!

It's going to take a monumental effort from them today. They've got serious concerns with form and injury, and they looked mentally shattered last week.

Surely Hinkley's Stinkley's can't go in as named with every tall player on their list playing?

I think this trips my inbuilt response to over scrutinise ideas i want to be true and not believe them.
One of my first rules of footy tipping and gambling is to ignore one week form lines. Port finished second on the ladder for a reason.

I couldn't believe wce gave a more spirited performance 100 points down at half time in a dead rubber than Port at home only 20 points down in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loss of Houston and Farrell will hurt the Power again tonight. I think it will be a tight game. For the life of me can’t understand their selection of Dixon who cannot move. Nor their non selection of Dylan Williams particularly with those two half backs not available.

Despite that I’m still leaning to a narrow Port victory. I reckon the Hawks have been massively overhyped. The first half last week against the Dogs was a pretty ordinary game of footy by both teams.

Spot on.
And I thought the first half against West Coast was one of the most dominant displays we have seen from any team to that point.
In all honesty, had they really wanted to, it could have been a 150 point win but you could tell they felt comfortable enough to ease off.

Coincidentally, the team I personally rated heading into finals (GWS) have now lost their past two matches.
We could potentially witness straight sets exits from two of the top four sides and I cannot recall the last time that occurred.
Port and the Dees managed it last year...

View attachment 2109102

JOE GUTNICK'S CALLS​

The four major suggestions Joe Gutnick gave incoming Melbourne caretaker president Brad Green.
● MAKING the disgruntled Christian Petracca the heir apparent to skipper Max Gawn.
● STRONGLY endorsing Green as the permanent president;
● URGING a settlement in the bitter legal dispute between the club and former president Glen Bartlett
● KEEPING under-fire chief executive Gary Pert.

I'd say he was going alright until the last point. Need coach & CEO to join the president.

I'd say he was going alright until the last point. Need coach & CEO to join the president.

I wasn't totally sold on point one - just looking at how much talk there's been around Trac this off season, if he's appointed heir apparent to Gawn I feel m there'd be questions asked if he only stayed due to some sort of captaincy promise

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back