Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Ivan Soldo
“It is an absolute watch. He hasn’t even been there 12 months yet. He’s got a level of disenchantment a year into his career at Port Adelaide.”
“He’s battled a knee injury and has now lost his spot in the side. It’s one to keep an eye on. It hasn’t quite worked out for him at Port Adelaide.”

Thoughts on Soldo to Cats? Cover for Conway, with Stanley retiring this year?

Our defence is going to be cactus soon.
Kolo, Blicavs (as an option), Stewart will all be gone soon.
Add in Thouy, Duncan, bews if you wish.

I hope they aren't going to sell the farm on the midfield.

Team defence can conceal that. We're losing rebounding defenders before structural players, which imo is the easiest and cheapest position in the ground to recruit for.

so our 29 year old is not long for the pile and another 29 year old is going to warrant at least two first round picks to get him a trade
must be something in the Melb water.

Stewart contracted through to 2027

Kolodjashnij only just turned 29 - so no reason he won't have another 3+ years

2. FOOTY’S WORST-KEPT SECRET

Bailey Smith is going to the Cats.

But the Cats are keen on securing more than one experienced midfielder to bolster their onball unit.

What about Jackson Macrae?

The issue is three more years on a lucrative contract around $700,000 a year, but as much as he has played 17 games this year, Ryley Sanders will cut into his midfield minutes next year.

The word in list management circles is that the Cats want to bring in multiple players of experience to bolster this list.

Jack Macrae & Bailey Smith ?
Clayton Oliver & Bailey Smith ?
Both Macrae brothers & Bailey Sm

l also believe Knevitt could be a handy HB
I like the prospect of local lads making it at Geelong but I reckon Knevitt is on the way out personally.

2. FOOTY’S WORST-KEPT SECRET

Bailey Smith is going to the Cats.

But the Cats are keen on securing more than one experienced midfielder to bolster their onball unit.

What about Jackson Macrae?

The issue is three more years on a lucrative contract around $700,000 a year, but as much as he has played 17 games this year, Ryley Sanders will cut into his midfield minutes next year.

The word in list management circles is that the Cats want to bring in multiple players of experience to bolster this list.

Jack Macrae & Bailey Smith ?
Clayton Oliver & Bailey Smith ?
Both Macrae brothers & Bailey Smith ?

If true, then that's good. I was saying just a couple weeks back I hope we'll be trying to bring in more than Smith alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting how this plays out but. Melbourne finally get a decent forward but are left with an iffy Oliver.
Makes Carlton's midfield insanely stacked and with Curnow and Weitering as bookends... I think Carlton benefit more so should pay up but Melbournes blowing up, it's their player that wants out so that reduces currency.
Apparently contracts are similar.
I'm trying to think how we might be able to benefit from this scenario to assist with a trade TDK? Oliver?

Carlton are not trading mckay and tdk wont go to melb to sit behind gawn. Its fantasy stuff.

Thoughts on Soldo to Cats? Cover for Conway, with Stanley retiring this year?

If he was cheap enough i would but the issue is bc of what they paid for him they will want at least a r2 back and i wouldnt pay that much.

Their trading is poor.

I like the prospect of local lads making it at Geelong but I reckon Knevitt is on the way out personally.

Club is happy to keep him would only be if mitch tried to force his way out.

We need some but its easier to get defenders (particularly small defenders, interceptors) late in drafts much harder with elite mids. We need to get elite mids in the door and trade in a good ruck.

My point
The have no players and draft capital

Correct.

They dont have the picks and their best players are either too old or untradeable (moore, daicos x 2).

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back