Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

100%

Smith will happen but there’s at least one other “name” midfielder who is a real target. Stuffed if I can get any inside info from anyone other than the club wanting to bring ready made players in to bolster our midfield.

Comment made to me was that the club will go hard again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And.... Who is that player 👀

Well, slow with mind - or just always stuck in a laconic gait.

He's meant to be quick, he just can't show it for whatever reason which has to be mental or experience related for mine.
He makes good decisions with space, I don't think it's mental. He was drafted as the skinniest kid alive and 6ft4. He wasn't fast or slow as a junior from the little I saw, but he's much, much heavier now so probably lost a yard.

I think maybe our expectations for growth are probably set by Dempsey and Holmes and Humphries, but development can be non-linear and I want to see more of him not less.

Your love For Knevitt is like mine for 🐓Constable 😎
Haha I wouldn't put it on that level. I think he's worth persisting with for a while because he has that trait coaches love -positional versatility. This year he's tagged players, slotted forward for a tall marking target with decent conversion, some games on the wing where he looks like he's gone backwards somehow since last year, midfield in 2s. I think he could be a good defender.

I think it's very different to chook where the only thing he could really do was stoppage work and done around the ground marking. At the end he would just jog up and down the corridor between stoppages waiting to be used as an uncontested link up.

I look at the attributes he has and think he could be a better player than he is, and there's a solid chance we delist him years from now and I walk away thinking the same thing. Give him a shot though.

Weird that Barrass has requested a trade to Hawthorn before they're done for the year.
Just ended Carlton's window.

There are about 5 clubs that know how to win flags and build flag lists consistently. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood and West Coast. And one of the rebuilders are just about to fix their backline and end the windows of a few pretender clubs. Chief among them Carlton.

Our defence is going to be cactus soon.
Kolo, Blicavs (as an option), Stewart will all be gone soon.
Add in Thouy, Duncan, bews if you wish.

I hope they aren't going to sell the farm on the midfield.

Zuthrie 26
J Henry 25
SDK 23
Humphries 21
O’Sullivan 19
Bowes can play down back 26

I think you’re being a bit dramatic.
Gave a laugh react. Thought about responding only to see Johan has hit Vinum's melodrama for a homer.

Just ended Carlton's window.

There are about 5 clubs that know how to win flags and build flag lists consistently. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood and West Coast. And one of the rebuilders are just about to fix their backline and end the windows of a few pretender clubs. Chief among them Carlton.

Excellent signing if true.
Bloody Hawthorn! :mad:

That name is a throwback… user still active?

Yes but after a name change, lives an ordinary life, out of limelight. Mostly content to avoid the troubles that came when the world's attention is focused upon his prophecies. Yet occasionally dreaming of their old ways, wishing that it ended under more illustrious circumstances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes please! We need a mature age ruckman, but the only problem is what would Soldo be worth in a trade? Contracted as well!
I'd look at Ladhams or Reidy as they would cost cheaper..

Soldo would be ok.
As stanley is retiring blitz is almost cooked conway perma injured and sdk a fullback.
I thought soldo was good at start of year but his injury record is an issue. The issue is they overpaid in picks for him so they will want more than hes worth. For a late r3 id do it.

Sounds like reidy is staying (weirdly).
I think the swans will let ladhams go cheap to save cap for warner-hes the one id go for.

Just 'announced' on the Midweek Tackle?

Its not official but its obvious. Geelong hasnt offered him a formal deal he cant get a game and will be UFA. He will go elsewhere as UFA/DFA.

I see glimpses of Brilliance with OH but then often see lack of composure.
With Neale I see a supreme athlete with pretty strong and clean hands.
If I had to pick between the two I'd pick Neale. But OH should still have a lot to offer in the future.
But very happy with our forward line overall. It's elite. Possibly only trumped by the Bulldogs.

Ahhh yes that word… Potential.
It comes with every player that walks into our club. Or any other club.
And yes, you are correct those who don’t reach it do get crucified.
Well it has to come with every player that walks into the club.

They're not going to recruit players that have no potential, are they?

The difference between Geelong and other clubs, for us, is that we believe our team are better at identifying it than other teams.

He's in a similar camp to Morris & McClure for me. Never fully trust anything he says, although Morris does seem to have some decent Dees sources.

It's not always that bad though. Cleary is reliable, at least with Geelong stuff, and Ryan Daniels out west doesn't print anything unless it's coming from somewhere, so he's got a bit of integrity.

It's sad though that that style of journalist is a dying breed.

They might be a bit vanilla personality wise, but at least they're trying to give the fans what they want - being the truth.

If it comes from Mitch Cleary (especially regarding Geelong), Sam Edmund, Ryan Daniels (from either WA team), Cal Twomey (especially with Bombers stuff but also Draft picks and scouting) or unfortunately RIP Sam Landsberger (especially in regards to Doggies stuff) then it’s something I’ll put stock into.

Anyone else like Ralph, Morris, McClure, Jay Clark etc sound like they are throwing darts at a board and hoping something sticks.

I see glimpses of Brilliance with OH but then often see lack of composure.
With Neale I see a supreme athlete with pretty strong and clean hands.
If I had to pick between the two I'd pick Neale. But OH should still have a lot to offer in the future.
But very happy with our forward line overall. It's elite. Possibly only trumped by the Bulldogs.
I feel like next year with Hawkins retired and Rohan likely to see less game time we probably see the forwardline structured more around the fact that Cameron is our best forward and kicks bags so needs to stay closer to home, potentially with Neale higher up the field using his athleticism but also being an out kick on the wings. If Neale is up the field it opens up the space for Henry and Cameron in the f50.

Weird that Barrass has requested a trade to Hawthorn before they're done for the year.

Excellent signing if true.
Bloody Hawthorn! :mad:
Let’s just remember Barrass also requested a trade to Sydney last year and WC didn’t do it
Has 3 years to run on a contract and is VC of the club

Soldo would be ok.
As stanley is retiring blitz is almost cooked conway perma injured and sdk a fullback.
I thought soldo was good at start of year but his injury record is an issue. The issue is they overpaid in picks for him so they will want more than hes worth. For a late r3 id do it.

Sounds like reidy is staying (weirdly).
I think the swans will let ladhams go cheap to save cap for warner-hes the one id go for.
If we sont get one of them, what other rucks are out there?

Hoping mcrae because i think we can take on his salary and get him for cheap
And again this should cheapen the trade value for Smith if we are clearing the books for WB

Win/Win would be handy to have him to take the pressure off the kids for a few years and allow them to develop

And again this should cheapen the trade value for Smith if we are clearing the books for WB

Win/Win would be handy to have him to take the pressure off the kids for a few years and allow them to develop

Wasn't there a report a few weeks back that McRae wants to stay in Melbourne city as it's similar to Todd Goldstein's situation with broken family? Doesn't want to move too far away from kids?

Or am I misremembering it?
I swear even one of the reporters (maybe Tom Morris) said similar?

It's one of the downsides of being more regional Victoria is that while we attract locals and peeps that love surfing, fishing, farming etc. that if players have family located closer to CBD or like the bright lights/party lifestyle of Melbourne city they won't want to move to the more laid back lifestyle down the Surf Coast.

Let’s just remember Barrass also requested a trade to Sydney last year and WC didn’t do it
Has 3 years to run on a contract and is VC of the club

Barrass took a pay cut to stay when he was drawing huge interest around the League and West Coast went back on their word to him when they said they'd "owe him" by paying up later....that didn't happen.

Now is that Tom's fault for expecting a business to keep their word and not surprisingly the business looked out for the business first or is that West Coast's fault for being stingy?
Can't honestly say but i'm not surprised at all that he's pissed/his agent isn't happy and they're trying to force their way out.

Don't think this is a similar situation where Tom wants to stay local and is happy at the Eagles.
All the goodwill from the last time his name was thrown around in trade negotiations has been destroyed. There's a reason he didn't play in Round 24 against us.

Hawks have thrown big money at him, i can see this getting done but Hawks will have to pay up big time for it to happen.
This isn't like Baz where he's OOC and hasn't played in a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back