Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I heard a rumour on the Adelaide offer to Lukosius. Large and long.

One would think they have cap room, Tex is probably on his last legs and reduced dollars.. and picks to get it done. Is Adelaide and Port a bit like West Coast and Freo…. some guys on want to play for one not the other? If Luk went to Port ..one would think one or two talls at Port might get itchy feet.

year of the cat …..

If media is to be believed…. Rich is going to end up with a GWS/Gold COast..perhaps Tas Devils….like draft hand this year… and one can see Armstrong playing for them…. The last I heard he was being mention in top 10 ...

So make me wonder who do we pick to replace Hawkins on our list …Do we go for a like for like…If so we pick Sims if he is still there at our pick …. Any other player take your eye?

year of the cat …..

If media is to be believed…. Rich is going to end up with a GWS/Gold COast..perhaps Tas Devils….like draft hand this year… and one can see Armstrong playing for them…. The last I heard he was being mention in top 10 ...

So make me wonder who do we pick to replace Hawkins on our list …Do we go for a like for like…If so we pick Sims if he is still there at our pick …. Any other player take your eye?

I think we’ve already replaced him with Neale. The next issue will be looking at life after Cameron. Armstrong would have been absolutely perfect. But we won’t get him.

Sims is an option. One of the Whitlock’s possibly but I’m not confident. I’m not sure that you could take any of those talls mooted to go last first/early second round with real confidence. Armstrong was the guy I identified after seeing him play school footy earlier this year. No surprise to me he’s now in the discussion for top 5. I think he will be very good.

One would think they have cap room, Tex is probably on his last legs and reduced dollars.. and picks to get it done. Is Adelaide and Port a bit like West Coast and Freo…. some guys on want to play for one not the other? If Luk went to Port ..one would think one or two talls at Port might get itchy feet.

If you believe a guy I was talking to who went to school with Rankin he was never going anywhere but the Crows but talk is cheap.

Port are apparently talking to him but more out of politeness because their offer is not close

I think we’ve already replaced him with Neale. The next issue will be looking at life after Cameron. Armstrong would have been absolutely perfect. But we won’t get him.

Sims is an option. One of the Whitlock’s possibly but I’m not confident. I’m not sure that you could take any of those talls mooted to go last first/early second round with real confidence. Armstrong was the guy I identified after seeing him play school footy earlier this year. No surprise to me he’s now in the discussion for top 5. I think he will be very good.

Replacing Hawkins… as. a KPF on our list was my meaning … as who ever we draft it will take a good number of years to probably be ready. Sims looks good to my eye..but like so many young kids.. will need to work on his kicking setshots. Make me wonder why they do not work it out as juniors. Hopefully someone like Law Hump…will encourage kids to learn to kick both sides… and someone like Neale will show the benefit of having a good setshot

Replacing Hawkins… as. a KPF on our list was my meaning … as who ever we draft it will take a good number of years to probably be ready. Sims looks good to my eye..but like so many young kids.. will need to work on his kicking setshots. Make me wonder why they do not work it out as juniors. Hopefully someone like Law Hump…will encourage kids to learn to kick both sides… and someone like Neale will show the benefit of having a good setshot

Sorry thought you meant positionally on the ground.

Sims has some attributes but looks a bit “mechanical” to me.

Sorry thought you meant positionally on the ground.

Sims has some attributes but looks a bit “mechanical” to me.

Not perfect just saying he is sort of type for type …the big body KPF. If you think on who we have on our list there really is no version of Hawkins…so in that respect Id say he would fit. We have Neale in the side.. and in the VFL ..no player as a KPF type. I have my doubts on Foster.

The negative with players like him ..and even Pike as a ruck pick…we seem very focused on mobility, speed and stamina. If he plodded at the combine ..he probably doesn't appeal as much.

Not perfect just saying he is sort of type for type …the big body KPF. If you think on who we have on our list there really is no version of Hawkins…so in that respect Id say he would fit. We have Neale in the side.. and in the VFL ..no player as a KPF type. I have my doubts on Foster.

The negative with players like him ..and even Pike as a ruck pick…we see very focused on mobility, speed and stamina. If he plodded at the combine ..he probably doesn't appeal as much.

I think Sims is quite mobile. Reckon he’ll test well for endurance. Agility won’t be great though is my guess.

The negative with players like him ..and even Pike as a ruck pick…we seem very focused on mobility, speed and stamina. If he plodded at the combine ..he probably doesn't appeal as much.

We will need to add another KPF over the next 2 drafts you’d think. Like you, I’m dubious about Foster albeit he seemed to progress a bit this season.

We will need to add another KPF over the next 2 drafts you’d think. Like you, I’m dubious about Foster albeit he seemed to progress a bit this season.
I guess Not all late picks work … you give guys a chance ..some pick it and run ..others just are notable to. He is OOC … so I guess we find out what the club feels soon. If they do delist him it really does make our future hope tied into trade if we do not add someone soon ..Neale was 2020 draft so it takes 4 years. How many years does Cameron have left?

I guess Not all late picks work … you give guys a chance ..some pick it and run ..others just are notable to. He is OOC … so I guess we find out what the club feels soon. If they do delist him it really does make our future hope tied into trade if we do not add someone soon ..Neale was 2020 draft so it takes 4 years. How many years does Cameron have left?

2 I’d say. Maybe 3 if he gets a good run with injury.

Assuming we trade our first for Smith it doesn’t leave us much draft capital to get a KPF this year unless we look to trade back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant say I have seen much of Davidson but in general, considering Mannagh success, Id think clubs may be prepared to jump earlier. Try to decipher what a mature player is worth is probably dependant on need and where you see them in your system. Even a pick in the R2 ..for a player that steps in and plays R1 ..its cheaper than waiting 4 years to find out if you have something , like Knevitt for example.

If we like what Pike has shown, he has played enough … we should have a solid grasp on him now than im not fussed on what pick we use, Id say we may only have late picks. We seem to be contrarians. Its as if we think….Its a good draft ..so pick values are high ..so lets trade them out for players..eg Smith and Davies and find players with late picks. Pike and whoever.

On Davies .. if he got along with Bowes maybe he can give him a bit of wink. Bowes must be thanking his lucky stars. Gold was playing him the VFL noe has become entrenched , and has played his first final etc. That has to ahvea degree of appeal to Davies. Probably depnds on his personailty. Does he want the big game big city big club experience of Pies ..or our more rounded offering.

I suspect Gold Coast find a way to trade Luc to Adelaide. Sounds like Keane is stayin there now. GC will have a need for list spots with their list reduction ? Make it tricky when they are also bringing in players

I think the Mannagh situation is a bit unique. With the MSD and SPP, the ready made types get picked clean early. Watching the VFL tape of Mannagh it is astounding he got through the MSD. Otherwise to go early you have to display the attributes.

year of the cat …..

If I could push Wells' eyes in any direction. I want us to draft Kayle Gerreyn to fill this niche.

With us locking in a prelim our draft pick will be #15 at its absolute lowest.

That is not even including the 2 or 3 incoming bids on players + Battle compo.

High chance our current R1 on draft night lands pretty close to #20.

I was once in the "our R1 should get it done for Smith camp" but that was when we were looking like a mid-table team.

Probably gonna need some solid steak knives now... unless Smith is struggling as bad as some of the "rumours" going around say he is.

I was once in the "our R1 should get it done for Smith camp" but that was when we were looking like a mid-table team.

Probably gonna need some solid steak knives now... unless Smith is struggling as bad as some of the "rumours" going around say he is.
I have said at the outset first and second and I am sticking to that

I’d like to see them persist with Foster to see where he can go with his game. He does enough little things that show something but he also looks lost on the field at times.
If he started doing some of the basic things well he could quickly have a bigger impact. Just some things like switching from offence to defensive mindset so he picks up his man etc would go a long way.
But some of that stuff is coaching so if they can work with him to develop that he might have a chance.

I might be on my own here, but if there's any credence to that Butters rumour (and let's be real, there's probably not, but it has been rumoured in passing over the last 18 months) then you turn all your attention to him.

Had a dirty night last night, but that little bastard is a superstar. Not a 'potential' superstar, he IS a superstar.

What we're hoping Smith turns into if he gets himself right, is what Butters is already, and has been for two seasons.

He'll cost more, but it's a sure thing vs a guy with ever growing question marks.

I might be on my own here, but if there's any credence to that Butters rumour (and let's be real, there's probably not, but it has been rumoured in passing over the last 18 months) then you turn all your attention to him.

Had a dirty night last night, but that little bastard is a superstar. Not a 'potential' superstar, he IS a superstar.

What we're hoping Smith turns into if he gets himself right, is what Butters is already, and has been for two seasons.

He'll cost more, but it's a sure thing vs a guy with ever growing question marks.

Seems like we are every chance to get Smith.

Butters clearly is better... and a sure thing on field... but we are no sure thing to even be within a sniff of getting him to the club.

Wells and co would have more info than us though and they can act on what they know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back