Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I might be on my own here, but if there's any credence to that Butters rumour (and let's be real, there's probably not, but it has been rumoured in passing over the last 18 months) then you turn all your attention to him.

Had a dirty night last night, but that little bastard is a superstar. Not a 'potential' superstar, he IS a superstar.

What we're hoping Smith turns into if he gets himself right, is what Butters is already, and has been for two seasons.

He'll cost more, but it's a sure thing vs a guy with ever growing question marks.
There's no way Port would let him go this year with 2 years on his contract, so we might as well get Smith.

Try Butters as a FA in 26, or maybe if we're lucky next year if we can convince Port he's leaving the following year anyway and they'll get more value for him in a trade.

With us locking in a prelim our draft pick will be #15 at its absolute lowest.

That is not even including the 2 or 3 incoming bids on players + Battle compo.

High chance our current R1 on draft night lands pretty close to #20.

I was once in the "our R1 should get it done for Smith camp" but that was when we were looking like a mid-table team.

Probably gonna need some solid steak knives now... unless Smith is struggling as bad as some of the "rumours" going around say he is.

Struggling with what?

There's no way Port would let him go this year with 2 years on his contract, so we might as well get Smith.

Try Butters as a FA in 26, or maybe if we're lucky next year if we can convince Port he's leaving the following year anyway and they'll get more value for him in a trade.

I noticed Butters chatting with Jezza at the end of the game. I’m always a little suspicious when a senior player chats with an opponent. I’m not an expert lip reader but I’m pretty sure I saw him say ‘come join us next year’. No better time to say such a thing after giving them a flogging. Alternatively, he could have been checking on his welfare.. ;)

On a serious note, if he is genuinely thinking of leaving in 26, Port should cash in on his trade value now. They have too many bottom 6 players that aren’t AFL standard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I noticed Butters chatting with Jezza at the end of the game. I’m always a little suspicious when a senior player chats with an opponent. I’m not an expert lip reader but I’m pretty sure I saw him say ‘come join us next year’. No better time to say such a thing after giving them a flogging. Alternatively, he could have been checking on his welfare.. ;)

On a serious note, if he is genuinely thinking of leaving in 26, Port should cash in on his trade value now. They have too many bottom 6 players that aren’t AFL standard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Boak said to danger before his interview go and win the premiership

That’s what i lip read anyway

If Butters is an RFA in a couple of years and Port is still going ok ladder-wise... I envisage another matched bid situation.

Butters is way too good to be letting walk for a compo pick in the teens.

Man I hate RFA's... just be gone with it.

If Butters is an RFA in a couple of years and Port is still going ok ladder-wise... I envisage another matched bid situation.

Butters is way too good to be letting walk for a compo pick in the teens.

Man I hate RFA's... just be gone with it.

Have we ever lost paying picks for a matched bid?

I wonder what the thoughts are from the club on the role for Bailey Smith. Will he mainly be an exit out the front of the stoppage midfielder? Will he move to the wing occasionally ? Will he push any of our other midfielders out ?

This has been my stance as well but i could see us getting creative with late picks to add some value to it..

Say something like 2024 first 2025 second 2025 3rd and maybe a swap of 4ths or some shit.

That's the same as me.

EDIT
1st option:
2024 First, 2025 Second Rounder

2nd option:
2024 First, 2025 Second Rounder, 2025 3rd Rounder

3rd Option:
2024 First and Knevitt.

Basically if they keep being pricks about it tell them to go ahead and go **** themselves.
Good luck trying to bring players in with D'Orazio as his agent. You get a Colin Young and Freo type of deal where the agent steers players away from the club, not to mention Players Union will be mega pissed.

Last edited:
I wonder what the thoughts are from the club on the role for Bailey Smith. Will he mainly be an exit out the front of the stoppage midfielder? Will he move to the wing occasionally ? Will he push any of our other midfielders out ?
Hmm at a guess i would say we have him earmarked to play the Danger midfield bull role

That's the same as me.

2024 First, 2025 Second Rounder and if we have to throw in a Future 3rd so be it.

If they ask for Knevitt then i'm doing 2024 First, 2025 3rd and Knevitt
I would be reluctant to trade a player unless that player already wanted out.

Also not sure the Dogs would be interested in Knevitt if they asked for a player they would be asking for a best 22 player which in no world would i entertain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be reluctant to trade a player unless that player already wanted out.

Also not sure the Dogs would be interested in Knevitt if they asked for a player they would be asking for a best 22 player which in no world would i entertain

Sorry edited it to say:

1st option:

2nd option:

3rd Option:
2024 First and Knevitt.

Basically if they keep being pricks about it tell them to go ahead and go **** themselves.
Good luck trying to bring players in with D'Orazio as his agent. You get a Colin Young and Freo type of deal where the agent steers players away from the club, not to mention Players Union will be mega pissed.

Sorry edited it to say:

1st option:

2nd option:

3rd Option:
2024 First and Knevitt.

Ahh this makes a lot more sense and agreed

Dogs preferred him in that role as they already had Bont, Libba and a few others ahead of him

Much different to us who have a stark need for that after Danger retires soon
I know what you mean, but if he can't be better than any of the other bulldogs midfielders, he doesn't have much chance of filling the dangerfield void.

I know what you mean, but if he can't be better than any of the other bulldogs midfielders, he doesn't have much chance of filling the dangerfield void.
Very few player's if any on an AFL list will be able to fill the Danger void but being able to play that same role to an elite level is a different story and that is something Smith has the potential of doing.

I have said at the outset first and second and I am sticking to that

I think we need to acquire a R1 ..that would involve getting enough picks to get either the GC or the Lions pick ..both teams will be trading out picks. GC probably use theirs for a players…so Lions may be the best chance…as their pick will just get absorbed matching ashcroft.

The question is how do we get enough picks to to get their R1. Going by the table above the Lions a p14 then P52 ..then will need a lot of points.

If I could push Wells' eyes in any direction. I want us to draft Kayle Gerreyn to fill this niche.

Going by our success in talent ID in WA… if he is to our liking then he would be a chance. Good write up rookie me..

WEST PERTH:

Kayle Gerreyn
Ruck/Forward | 199cm | 10/05/2006

Stats:
23 disposals, 28 hitouts, 7 marks, 2 goals

As is becoming a regular theme, Gerreyn was clearly the best player afield for the Falcons, despite the losing performance. He used his huge frame to advantage in the ruck, where he spent most of Sunday’s game, to move his opposition ruckmen off balance and win hitouts to advantage. Once again though, it was aerially where Gerreyn put on a masterclass, taking contested marks with ease and even drifting back at times to intercept behind the play. He was involved in everything, including across the ground in transition, and was rewarded for his efforts with two goals. Gerreyn has star talent and his last few weeks in the League side only seem to have furthered the gap between his abilities and this level of football.

Going by our success in talent ID in WA… if he is to our liking then he would be a chance. Good write up rookie me..

WEST PERTH:

Kayle Gerreyn
Ruck/Forward | 199cm | 10/05/2006

Stats:
23 disposals, 28 hitouts, 7 marks, 2 goals

As is becoming a regular theme, Gerreyn was clearly the best player afield for the Falcons, despite the losing performance. He used his huge frame to advantage in the ruck, where he spent most of Sunday’s game, to move his opposition ruckmen off balance and win hitouts to advantage. Once again though, it was aerially where Gerreyn put on a masterclass, taking contested marks with ease and even drifting back at times to intercept behind the play. He was involved in everything, including across the ground in transition, and was rewarded for his efforts with two goals. Gerreyn has star talent and his last few weeks in the League side only seem to have furthered the gap between his abilities and this level of football.

He plays mostly as a ruck but I see him as a KPF, great game sense, a natural footballer, gets involved in possession chains. Moves well on the lead. Good field kick for his size. Can get ball below his knees. Big frame, not that skinny athletic type that is in vogue, which will see him slide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back