Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Hi Catters, thanks for stealing Bailey Smith off us, son's crying now...

Obviously deal will drag out with pick swaps and stuff by the end of it, but just wanted to get a feel how highly rated Mitch Knevitt is? Is he an untouchable, developing nicely for you and not going anywhere, or could he be potentially included in a deal plus pick(s) for Bailey? I see he is contracted still till the end of 2025 so obviously would have to be ok with the trade also and looking for a fresh start etc.

Thanks!
Knevitt is a local lad, a high(ish) pick, and developing at a really good pace. If he wanted to move, and that is super unlikely, a first wouldn’t be going your way as part of deal.

Happy to cop whatever heat comes my way but I’ve said a few times this was “done”. Can’t disclose the property as it was an off market deal and I’ll out my source. But this was done some time ago.

Players generally don’t walk out on their current club (with a 2 year contract on the table) unless their manager has a destination locked down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Late 2023?

If he nominates Geelong i think we wend up doing something like this

2024 first, future second and 3rd
2024 first and second, future 3rd

Both of those may need some late pick swaps/haggling but seem around the mark

The most i see us giving is

2024 first and second, future second
3 picks is too much IMO

2024 Rd 1 - sure.
2025 Rd 3 - sure

GO Catters

Obviously deal will drag out with pick swaps and stuff by the end of it, but just wanted to get a feel how highly rated Mitch Knevitt is? Is he an untouchable, developing nicely for you and not going anywhere, or could he be potentially included in a deal plus pick(s) for Bailey? I see he is contracted still till the end of 2025 so obviously would have to be ok with the trade also and looking for a fresh start etc.

Thanks!

Where do I sign.

Our first + knevitt deal.

In seriousness, I think it’ll end up being our R1 this year + a future second. Maybe something like a future 3rd for a future 4th too but it’ll be centred around a first + a second.

Highly doubt we’d trade a future 1st.

Where do I sign.

In seriousness, I think it’ll end up being our R1 this year + a future second. Maybe something like a future rd for a future 4th too but it’ll be centred around a first + a second.

So Pick 21 after we win the GF ;)

Bailey Smith looked at Luke Beveridge today and told him he doesn’t want to play at the Bulldogs anymore and instead, he wants to be traded away from Whitten Oval, this being the sixth year since he was taken with pick seven in the 2018 draft.

“I’m told he went into some detail about why he wanted to be traded, and the reasons and the motivations for wanting out, there’s lots of scuttlebutt about those, perhaps those reasons will become more concrete in time.

“He didn’t however request a club, Bailey Smith. That club will be Geelong.

Where do I sign.

In seriousness, I think it’ll end up being our R1 this year + a future second. Maybe something like a future 3rd for a future 4th too but it’ll be centred around a first + a second.

I think it probably ends up around there also, we will probably be a bit disappointed in that being how well you've gone this year and with FS and academy pushing that into the 20s possibly but that'll be a part of trade week fun... I think it probably drags out a bit with Power starting higher but we'll see, that's why I was seeing how highly rated Knevitt was, haven't seen too much of him personally.

Thanks, all the best.

Hence my question.

They've got history, and they've had a long run in to consider their options and approach on this.

Wonder what they'll ask / do.
They had a long time to think about Dunkley as well. And basically dragged it out till literally the last minute of that trade period. Toddlers are going to tantrum, I'm afraid.

So this will be ugly and protracted. And they'll end up telling themselves they 'won', while the Cats walk away with the player and the remainder of his hopefully estimable career.

Won't be a fun few weeks but will be entirely worth it for Bailey and for the hoops.

I know pretty much all of us here talk about Smith and his value in football playing terms…

But what kind of value would having him on our list add to the club in terms of memberships, bums on seats, merch sold and extra eyeballs on the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks!

Silver lining-your son will be requesting a hair cut now. ;)

I know pretty much all of us here talk about Smith and his value in football playing terms…

But what kind of value would having him on our list add to the club in terms of memberships, bums on seats, merch sold and extra eyeballs on the club?

Women will be going crazy for him in G town.

It will be like nothing seen before.

I'm just looking fwd to the best looking player in the league playing for us.

If he can get back to his 2021 form that's a bonus :p
Been a while since we've had that honour.

Last happened when Lingy played for us.

Thanks!

In terms of Knevitt or any other player being involved in the trade, it would have to come from the player

That's not to say that the Bulldogs may not get in someones ear, but highly unlikely we'd approach a player to say that the Bulldogs are interested and wanting to know their thoughts on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back