Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Find it interesting that Smith still hasn’t nominated his preferred club despite Hawthorn now being out of the finals. Surely 1000% he’s coming to us.

Damian Barrett effectively said the same thing this morning.

Smug prick Brown questioned Smith's Cotton-on deal insinuating Cats need to be monitored to which Barrett immediately said they aren't doing anything untoward.

All due respect mate but whatever your source is saying it makes zero sense.
Gc are absolutely stacked for talls (they almost lost moyle due to this) and have zero cap space after signing andrew.
Gws cant afford either tdk or sdk cap wise and dont need them positionally. Tdk is not going to sydney with grundy there (again cap will be am issue as warner is getting huge offers next year).
The only option is brisbane but frankly they have other list needs and their window is closing either brother would be dumb to go there.

Now it will be interesting bc if carlton bring houston in now thats another big $ deal and it might leave them stretched if tdk gets a huge FA offer next year (unless they trade one of their mids out).
But its way more likely the brothers (assuming they even want to play together) are both at geelong in 26 or both at vic clubs than anywhere up north.
They will just take their big cash and holiday up there in the offseason.

As for odriscoll he would be a good target for us but id be surprised if he leaves WA.
Makes zero sense to you PO…. to you.
And yes, to me as well sometimes.
Nabbing OHenry made zero sense to me, but hey the club pulled that trigger. Go figure!
Not going after a veteran Big ruckman in the years from 2017-2020 made zero sense.
But hey we snagged a cup in 2022 when it seemed we’d missed that opportunity.
Not here to make sense of what I was told just relaying it.
As for TDK he’ll be a million plus x 5 years in his next contract from what I hear.
Is he worth that? Maybe yes maybe no.
Can Sydney GWS GCS or Brisbane afford it… I wouldn’t have a clue on what direction their lists and caps are heading. All it takes is a trade or three and all of a sudden Bam! There is room and a need and spare money to pay.
I’ll leave that for others smarter than me in that area as I don’t pay the bills nor manage
their player lists.
As is the Brayshaw acquisition. Can we afford it? Money and draft collateral? Didn’t think so but again I’m not privy to the inner goings on at the club.
I just walk the dog and listen to all things football that he is willing to divulge.
The banter is wide ranging and not just on our club.
As I’ve said many times before take it as gospel or as BS.
Stick to the middle as I do. It’s Easier.
Either way no skin off my nose.
BigFooty. Gotta love it. Yeah?
Anyways Prelim week. GiddyUp Catters!!
Cheer the boys from Leopold and the Thomson Tigers were victorious.
Congrats to my old mate Mitch the former Mayor of Geelong and his beloved team.
Cheers boys!

Nabbing OHenry made zero sense to me, but hey the club pulled that trigger. Go figure!
Not going after a veteran Big ruckman in the years from 2017-2020 made zero sense.
As for TDK he’ll be a million plus x 5 years in his next contract from what I hear.
Can Sydney GWS GCS or Brisbane afford it… I wouldn’t have a clue on what direction their lists and caps are heading. All it takes is a trade or three and all of a sudden Bam! There is room and a need and spare money to pay.
I’ll leave that for others smarter than me in that area as I don’t pay the bills nor manage
their player lists.
As is the Brayshaw acquisition. Can we afford it? Money and draft collateral? Didn’t think so but again I’m not privy to the inner goings on at the club.
I just walk the dog and listen to all things football that he is willing to divulge.
Cheers boys!

Re Brayshaw: I wonder if we’d take on Sean Darcys horrible contract to go with Brayshaw. 24 year old afl mvp entering his prime I’d do almost anything to get him him here

Left footed purple people eater is a riddle in my books.

Man if that Brayshaw mail is true it’ll be a bigger signing than Baz
Thought it would’ve been easy to figure out.
It was either Young or NOD.
And only one is outta contract and is active looking elsewhere.
Mystery mid from left field? lol 😂

Re Brayshaw: I wonder if we’d take on Sean Darcys horrible contract to go with Brayshaw. 24 year old afl mvp entering his prime I’d do almost anything to get him him here
Hope not as I don’t really rate him that high.
Injuries history. Injury prone is the biggest red flag 🚩 for me.

Hope not as I don’t really rate him that high.
Injuries history. Injury prone is the biggest red flag 🚩 for me.

I agree I don’t want Darcy because of his injuries and contract… but a somehow healthy Darcy and Brayshaw at Geelong along with Baz. Wow. Anyway that’s just a fairytale pipe dream so I’ll stop thinking about it

Not saying you’re wrong but it would surprise me if they’re both moving north given there’s a combined number of like 11 siblings that mostly live down in torquay from an article I read a year or so ago?
Not sure they are all down there now TBH.
The old man has been doing the grey nomad retirement gig and has settled on up Ballina/coffs way.
The boys and kids have been up there a few times.
Apparently ticks many more boxes than the Victorian/mornington/bellarine coast.
Being here in Coffs Harbour today I can see why.
Weather is a treat. Fishing is tops. Surf is pumping. Petrol is $1.58 a litre.
Anyways time will tell.
Cheers Bud.

I agree I don’t want Darcy because of his injuries and contract… but a somehow healthy Darcy and Brayshaw at Geelong along with Baz. Wow. Anyway that’s just a fairytale pipe dream so I’ll stop thinking about it
If we’d be confident that he’d be healthy for 5-6 years.
I’d do it in a heartbeat beat.
But i am torn . As I still have high expectations of Chilli 🌶️ Conway.
I think he’ll be a gun.

If we’d be confident that he’d be healthy for 5-6 years.
I’d do it in a heartbeat beat.
But i am torn . As I still have high expectations of Chilli 🌶️ Conway.
I think he’ll be a gun.

Not to mention he is only 21.
I think some were expecting him to become a regular at that age.
Most players that size develop early 20's.

Find it interesting that Smith still hasn’t nominated his preferred club despite Hawthorn now being out of the finals. Surely 1000% he’s coming to us.
Either he is waiting for us to be knocked out/win the GF or he hasn't picked a side and won't until he 100% knows the deal will get done.

99% chance it is us though unless someone comes over the top with a big offer.

View attachment 2111802

Not that it's likely to happen but just imagine what a player like that would do to our current midfield. At 24, his best years are on the horizon.
Be almost like replacing Selwood.
Sadly we will not be able to afford him as well as get Cadman and Reid unless we wait till he is a FA and they DO NOT match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Brayshaw an RFA at the end of next year like LDU.

Absolutely can not stand the RFA compared to a FA.

You are actually less “free” putting in years of service and being an RFA than simply being out of contract.

Freo will never let Brayshaw go for a mid table R1 compo pick… it’ll be match city with Brayshaw.

Damian Barrett effectively said the same thing this morning.

Smug prick Brown questioned Smith's Cotton-on deal insinuating Cats need to be monitored to which Barrett immediately said they aren't doing anything untoward.
It’s remarkable the noise surrounding Smiths deal and Cotton On
Almost like people aren’t aware of him already having and deal and thinking this is a new thing
Of course it will get monitored, his pay will go up. But that’s a given considering he will likely be doing more at CO now it will be local to him

It’s remarkable the noise surrounding Smiths deal and Cotton On
Almost like people aren’t aware of him already having and deal and thinking this is a new thing
Of course it will get monitored, his pay will go up. But that’s a given considering he will likely be doing more at CO now it will be local to him

Bizarre.
It's as if the realization Geelong are about to land another star player has them asking why.

We will target brayshaw as FA next year but so will every vic club.

Darcys contract is too horrible you couldnt pay me to take it.

their player lists.
Cheers boys!

Thats all fair and im not having a go but you didnt answer my question about which team up north would target the DK brothers and how? Theres no fit.

Thats all fair and im not having a go but you didnt answer my question about which team up north would target the DK brothers and how? Theres no fit.
Why wouldn’t the Lions be a good fit? Add the two DeKoning brothers (no idea how) and they’ll be strong for another decade easy with the Ashcroft freebies.

Why wouldn’t the Lions be a good fit? Add the two DeKoning brothers (no idea how) and they’ll be strong for another decade easy with the Ashcroft freebies.

Salary cap lol?

Both DK’s would be worth over 800k and Lions just started paying McLuggage and Berry big money, already have Hipwood, Daniher and Cameron on big money and now have to pay big this upcoming season to keep Rayner. I’m sure others will be out of contract soon as well.

Laughable to think they’d have the picks or the space for them.

Last edited:
Not saying you’re wrong but it would surprise me if they’re both moving north given there’s a combined number of like 11 siblings that mostly live down in torquay from an article I read a year or so ago?
Who cares if his parents are returning to Qld. He is not moving up there because they are ridiculous notion.

Sadly we will not be able to afford him as well as get Cadman and Reid unless we wait till he is a FA and they DO NOT match
We getting Read now as well, never ever ever going to happen……wont get Cadman either, he will be a gun and you need a lot of early draft picks to get these sort of players and we never have any cause we’re always in the finals….

We getting Read now as well, never ever ever going to happen……wont get Cadman either, he will be a gun and you need a lot of early draft picks to get these sort of players and we never have any cause we’re always in the finals….

We getting Dangerfield now as well, never ever ever going to happen……wont get Jeremey Cameron either, he will be a gun and you need a lot of early draft picks to get these sort of players and we never have any cause we’re always in the finals….

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back