Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I’m starting to think we need to trade into the draft. Pick 15 plus isn’t going to cut it for us to win next year. Do we do something very bold and offer up a SDK for a bunch of first rounders?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No with our ageing talls sdk is every chance to be our starting ruck next year hes untradeable. Review situation in 12 months

Does Atkins take over Bews small defender role?

It's one he's played in the past, including earlier in the season - could we see that shift from him because I'm also not sure we have that small lockdown type defender outside of Bews or maybe O'Connor

And I know we've got a youngster like Humphries, but I don't want to lose his attacking assets by having him focus on locking down on an opponent, and I think Mullin has the promise to be more than just a lockdown option also

I actually think oconnor will probably take that role if hes fit again. Or it might be how we get mullin in the team. Cuthrie is a possible if his body is ok as i doubt hes playing midfield anymore. But yes atkins could go back.
Either way duncan and bews need to go.

Heron from Southport looked good in the limited viewing I saw. Maybe a late maturer?

Heron is good and has real pace which we need. Both him and dawson have improved since they were delisted by gc. But im unsure if either wants to be drafted back to afl for min wage as they are probably on good money at southport.

I like brew but im unsure if he wants to play afl or not.
Sam davidson (cert to get drafted) and riley bice were the two i was thinking of.
Woodcock is a good player but im not sure he suits our needs.
I wouldnt be against dawson or heron but i doubt either wants to play afl again they are probably content with QAFL on good money. I also dont mind keegan grey.
Ive been banging on about harry boyd for years and i said i would have taken him in the msd id still do it now.

I'm pretty sure Brew has spoken about wanting to play AFL and having not given up on that dream

I'm pretty sure Brew has spoken about wanting to play AFL and having not given up on that dream

I mean mannagh would know so we could ask him about dom. I like dom but at his age its this year or thats it.

I mean mannagh would know so we could ask him about dom. I like dom but at his age its this year or thats it.

That's the one thing that could work against him - born the same year as Mannagh, but with his birthday in January he'd be 28 before round 1 next season

IF we did look at Brew and decide he is one we want to draft, would think that he'd have to be in the plans from round 1 and not just in the VFL for half a season

That's the one thing that could work against him - born the same year as Mannagh, but with his birthday in January he'd be 28 before round 1 next season

IF we did look at Brew and decide he is one we want to draft, would think that he'd have to be in the plans from round 1 and not just in the VFL for half a season

Yeah i agree if you take brew he has to be good enough to play round 1 and be in all year (as mannagh should have been) or theres no point.
Same with boyd if you rookie him hes our starting ruck in rnd 1 until conway is ready.

Different with davidson and grey as they are younger like clohesy was.

Bit of a shame we didn't end up getting TDK last year tbh. Wonder if he might consider coming over next year when OOC.

Hes RFA next year and we have the cap space so im sure we will try.
But he might stay at carlton or go elsewhere it will be at least a 5 year deal either way
Sam is OOC too so if they want to play together either at geel, carl or a 3rd club next year is their last chance to set it up.

Bit of a shame we didn't end up getting TDK last year tbh. Wonder if he might consider coming over next year when OOC.

I've read some suggestions that Carlton could try to make a move on Sam, especially with him being left out of last night

I've read some suggestions that Carlton could try to make a move on Sam, especially with him being left out of last night
Feels like we may have opened the door to that inadvertently with the MC decisions, highlights just how useless the Duncan sub was, we could have maybe utilised someone else and had SDK in, may have helped against JoeDan after Oscar went off. But shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn’t win many games of footy.

They will want him but after they get houston they wont have the picks or cap space unless they trade out one of their A graders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of best 23s here including players like Duncan/Bews/Rohan/Stanley who have already played on one year too long… 🫣

I feel there’s a pretty clear group of candidates who will be fighting over every game (#) those blokes played this year.

Duncan (21) / Touhy (17): Clark, Knevitt, Atkins, Guthrie, Clohesy, Hardie(??)

Bews (5): Mullin, SDK

Stanley (14): Conway, SDK, Edwards

Rohan (12): Mannagh (only 11 this year)

I really hope Knevitt takes that next step, we’ve struggled to draft midfield studs, particularly taller ones, to have our last two in Cooper Stephens and Knevitt not become AFL standard would be a tragedy.
With Knevitt we have to give him a run of 7 or so games in a row and give him a proper chance in finding his feet..
I'm not sure if he will make it or not but he deserves a decent run to show what his got...

With Knevitt we have to give him a run of 7 or so games in a row and give him a proper chance in finding his feet..
I'm not sure if he will make it or not but he deserves a decent run to show what his got...
Agree he has to have that run, a bit why keeping slots for Atkins (a great worker but he’s the Matthew Dellavedola of the AFL) and another for Duncan when we need serious games into the future is a poor outcome in 2025.

And in the guts. No having him out on the wing, or at half forward or whatever.
Play him in the position that suits him best and give him the best chance to make it.

I am very comfortable going into 2025 with the following team. As always, a bad run of injuries will expose our depth. This year we had a pretty good run, especially in the forward line. I am assuming we keep some of the veterans for depth, but who knows?

FB: ZGuthrie SDK Kolo
HB: Stewart JHenry Humphries
C: Bowes Danger Dempsey
R: Conway Homes Smith
HF: Mannagh Cameron Miers
FF: Stengle Neal OHenry
Int: Blicavs Bruin Atkins Close CGuthrie

Emg:
B: Mullin O’Connor Bews O’Sullivan
Mid: Clark Knevitt Duncan
R : Stanley
F: Rohan/Martin?
One problem... Conway has to actually get on the park rather than spend another season injured.

Back to some more eye popping rumours.
A Zachery Butters is moving back to Victoria I heard not long ago from one of my reliables.
We balls deep again?? He says so. So I’ll go with that.
At this rate we’ll have no picks in the first 2 rounds until 2027 lol 😂
With BS, Andy Brayshaw and now Zed Butters. I guess we are after what we are lacking.” A”grade Midfielders. Makes a world of difference.
Cheers Boys!
Yesterday has passed albeit still raw.
Future is looking great.
Onwards & Upwards!!
GiddyUp Catters!!!

Lots of best 23s here including players like Duncan/Bews/Rohan/Stanley who have already played on one year too long… 🫣

I feel there’s a pretty clear group of candidates who will be fighting over every game (#) those blokes played this year.

Duncan (21) / Touhy (17): Clark, Knevitt, Atkins, Guthrie, Clohesy, Hardie(??)

Bews (5): Mullin, SDK

Stanley (14): Conway, SDK, Edwards

Rohan (12): Mannagh (only 11 this year)

Hardie is being delisted
Clearly conway is the next tall in if fit (but he wont likely be so we need to trade in a ruck) and beyond that COS may get some games.
The next smalls in are clearly clark knevitt and clohesy (assumung no one goes in the smith trade). Edwards is 2-3 years away at least.

A Zachery Butters is moving back to Victoria I heard not long ago from one of my reliables.
With BS, Andy Brayshaw and now Zed Butters. I guess we are after what we are lacking.” A”grade Midfielders. Makes a world of difference.
Cheers Boys!
Future is looking great.
Onwards & Upwards!!
GiddyUp Catters!!!

Zach is contracted til 2026 (RFA) and they arent letting him go before then-they would be stupid to when ken wont be coach by then. Revisit then.

Brayshaw next year would be more likely if anything i would have thought.

Zach is contracted til 2026 (RFA) and they arent letting him go before then-they would be stupid to when ken wont be coach by then. Revisit then.

Brayshaw next year would be more likely if anything i would have thought.
I will add another snippet to the story.
Property has been purchased close by to the Cattery.
Make of it what you will.

Cheers Boys!
Future is looking great.
Onwards & Upwards!!
GiddyUp Catters!!!

Is Butters looking for greener pasture?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back