Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

What would SDK get us if he were wanting to leave the club.
A first rounder yes, but not much more than that
Definitely not enough to gain us a player like Butters, Brayshaw etc
I think he's worth a fair bit. If Smith's one good finals series in '21 makes him two first after an acl and not being on their best midfield then SDK would have to be be 2x Smith's off his '22 campaign.

Even if we got an offer that looked good on paper, he's contracted and I don't think we can afford to lose him with our ruck stocks next year. I just doubt they entertain even in the unlikely event SDK asks.

Duncan will play on, get to 300 games then retire giving us a list spot in the mid season draft. Win / win all round.

Not sure that's a great result considering our past mid season draft history.

Looks like Mitch will be the sub for the first month of games...

Not sure about Mitch Duncan he still got the ball but his disposals didn't hurt teams, and can't kick over 45m anymore so dependable on the run streaming into goal he missed most of his shots badly, I would only give him another year on the basis that if the kids had a standout preseason they would get first choice.

Did anyone hear Tom Morris on SEN in the last half hour? Apparently he said Jack Martin is all but signed to us as a DFA.

I know he has some flaws but I wouldn’t feel the need to move on Jeka so quickly. He’s on the rookie list for a start so doesn’t open up a main list spot. Plus he’s only 22 and he’s a key position player who dominated the vfl for us this year.
He could come in if needed and he’s young enough to keep developing.

Did anyone hear Tom Morris on SEN in the last half hour? Apparently he said Jack Martin is all but signed to us as a DFA.

been avoiding posting on here since saturday now that time to move on.

never a fan of this guy and i hope is only for peanuts and highly conditioned contract. we do have a few older guys packing it up so maybe not so bad. just dont expect him suiting up for most games next year.

Surely that means Rohan is finishing up?
Can't see us going for Martin with basically 8 forwards already locked in.

Neale
Jezza
Stengle
Close
Miers
Dempsey
Mannagh
O Henry

Martin would be number 9.
Basically VFL bound unless we have injuries.

Unless we plan to play Dempsey wing full time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve come around to the jack Martin idea.

Free hit, if anyone can get get the most out of him it’s us.

He is a classy half forward that is suburb overhead. A play maker. Allows us to keep Dempsey on a wing. Takes over Rohan as the first F in line if there’s injury and probably in the 22 if fit and in form

I think he's worth a fair bit. If Smith's one good finals series in '21 makes him two first after an acl and not being on their best midfield then SDK would have to be be 2x Smith's off his '22 campaign.

Even if we got an offer that looked good on paper, he's contracted and I don't think we can afford to lose him with our ruck stocks next year. I just doubt they entertain even in the unlikely event SDK asks.

We would need 12 months to organise to trade in a replacement as our tall stocks are thin.

But you may find that sdk asks to go join tom or go somewhere else next year we will deal with it then.

I know he has some flaws but I wouldn’t feel the need to move on Jeka so quickly. He’s on the rookie list for a start so doesn’t open up a main list spot. Plus he’s only 22 and he’s a key position player who dominated the vfl for us this year.
He could come in if needed and he’s young enough to keep developing.

we need a kpd yes but his intensity is too poor.

We have so many list spots about to open up we can do both

We dont actually have that many open if we are keeping vets list duncan and bews and signing martin.

Good to hear. We need to be adding a few mature aged players this year with a light draft hand.

We do but we need a DFA ruck more than we need a DFA martin.

If we can get Martin fit to play enough games, then he's definitely worth getting, IMO. He is a terrific player.

At a DFA price its basically a free hit.
No draft picks required and if it doesn't work out then can't say we didn't try and at worse we've spent minimal money on a AFL talent.

It's these sort of low risk, potential high reward moves that define Wells and Mackie.
IF (a big IF) we get him fit and firing there's a first round pick level talent in there.

17 other clubs would be melting again that the Cats pull a fast one on everyone once again.

Surely that means Rohan is finishing up?
Can't see us going for Martin with basically 8 forwards already locked in.

Neale
Jezza
Stengle
Close
Miers
Dempsey
Mannagh
O Henry

Martin would be number 9.
Basically VFL bound unless we have injuries.

Unless we plan to play Dempsey wing full time?
Rohan has been great but I don’t think he can contribute enough anymore. Low possessions and how many head knocks has he had? He would hold back OHenry’s development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back