Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with Darcy (I don't want him) is that even if Freo kicked in money for his current contract, ala Pies-Grundy, the man himself clearly doesn't want to move.

You don't sign a massive deal until the end of 2030 just 12-months ago, if you aren't seriously invested in the club and the location.

He has clearly established himself in WA and made it home. He obviously likes living there and has committed to remaining there for a long time.

That ship has sailed for so many different reasons.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Delist and redraft

I remember listening to Krock pre-match earlier this year and I think it was Lonergan(?) talking - someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and he suggested that a team like North could offer Duncan a multi year deal transitioning into a coaching role

I'd love to see Duncan retire as a one club player, but if a team was to offer a deal like that, he'd be stupid not to take it
I honestly not sure why we would give Duncan another contract ....
The club should be honest with him... if Duncan played 15 games next year, I'd rather give those 15 games to Knevitt, Clohesy , Clark, etc

Soldo going to the saints, I hope we’re chatting to Marshall he’d be fantastic. I’d even be prepared to trade Stanley back to the saints so they have ruck cover.

They'd get to add premiership experience to their list...

Maybe those teams should try and pick good footballers for their lists instead of good blokes.
B: Papley Sicily Ginnivan
HB: Greene Walker M.Pickett
C: Zorko De Goey

Good start to the shit blokes team.

Sick of getting humped in the ruck... Stanley couldn't even beat Daniher FFS.... His days are over
IMG_4988.jpeg

Fake news. Daniher had 57 ruck contests for 9 hit outs.

Clark Keating style it.

Belt it forward

In our VFL clash with the Bulldogs, scores level late in the match with repeat stoppages in our forward 50 - with the 2nd boundary throw-in rather than trying to tap to the advantage of a teammate, he just belted it towards our goals hoping for even a point

The ball went out right beside the behind post (may have even hit it) and the Bulldogs fans sitting the Players Stand were calling for deliberate & cracked the shits when the umpire didn’t pay it

So he could do it - maybe he should have tried on the night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn is nothing like Parfitt.

He might've only got it 10 times but he did use it bloody well. He had the highest disposal efficiency of any player which is insane for an inside mid. Bruhn is a genuinely elite ball user while Parfitt is a complete butcher.

He also had our second highest clearances only 1 behind Danger, more score involvements than Lachie Neale, the same as Holmes and Mannagh. And his defensive work was solid.

He actually wasn't that bad at all. He just didn't get the ball much.

We need some mids and a new ruck, Stanley is terrible, the bar we set for him is so low it's ridiculous. Unfortunately I think Bruhn is the new Parfitt.

Pfft… Bruhn has already outdone Parfitt for season high Brownlow votes

You are also left with a VFL team that becomes the land of the giants. Not a balanced team at all.

Yes but the purpose of our vfl team is development. If it ultimately benefits the development of all of those players then whether its balanced for the vfl team or not is a minor issue.

He might've only got it 10 times but he did use it bloody well. He had the highest disposal efficiency of any player which is insane for an inside mid. Bruhn is a genuinely elite ball user while Parfitt is a complete butcher.

He also had our second highest clearances only 1 behind Danger, more score involvements than Lachie Neale, the same as Holmes and Mannagh. And his defensive work was solid.

I agree with that 100 % but he does need to improve his tank and find more outside ball (as does clark) for the balance of our midfield to benefit long term.

Soldo going to the saints, I hope we’re chatting to Marshall he’d be fantastic. I’d even be prepared to trade Stanley back to the saints so they have ruck cover.

The saints wont trade marshall this year but if soldo goes there and king signs long term id definitely be chasing soldo in 12 months.

By all accounts, Campbell is a fantastic bloke and terrific clubman - you read comments from Doggies, North and Saints fans, and they cannot speak highly enough of him as a person.

I guess that goes a long way.

He is and his work in the community and mental health space is very worthy of credit but ability wise he shouldnt be on an afl list.

I agree with that 100 % but he does need to improve his tank and find more outside ball (as does clark) for the balance of our midfield to benefit long term.

He's far from the finished product. We need him to improve.

But I am left wondering why our mids get such low possessions and how much of it is game style. For example watching the game and on replay I thought Atkins was immense in the first half against Port. But he only had 11 touches for the half.

Does our game style just mean there are no possessions chaining out of stoppage so Bruhn and Atkins will get 1 touch at most when they're involved in a piece of older while a Lachie Neale might get 2 or 3?

I was getting at they're players that show/showed promise but ultimately fail to deliver. 10 touches is laughably bad btw.

Then what happens with King?

Or are they playing King, Marshall, Caminiti & Wood all in the same forward line? Plus Membrey who while more that medium/third tall type, plays well as a lead up option

I'll love to see how Ross Lyon can balance their tall options

Membrey wants out from what I remember hearing?
Team suggested was North but with Darling requesting a trade there who know?

Expectation: Zak Butters

Reality: Tom Sparrow

#SparrowheadsUnite

Wait…wrong Sparrow

james jones series GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back