Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

If in some magically beautiful way Butters said he wanted to get to us this trade period.

How in the heck could we make that happen?

Close and a lot of picks but i wouldnt do it.

It wouldn't shock me... nothing really does anymore. Or any less TBH.
In saying that. I'd be shocked if Geelong knocked back two picks within the TOP 10 for him... That i'd be shocked at.
I'd be shocked if we were offered 2x picks in the top-10 for him.

And I'd be straight up dirty if we knocked that back.

I could see Stkilda giving up 7 and 8 if we say that's the only way we do it with him contracted. They need a key defender and have chased many big names without landing one. If SDK wants to go there what's paying slight overs when you've got a history of wasting high picks anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quoting the twilight zone...
Just imagine if you will.
Those two picks could turn into a butters and Brayshaw...
Or a Butters and down the track... Harley Reid.
Deals done now turn into gold later down the track??
FMD... I am off to bed this doing my head in. lol

Midweek Tackle saying dogs haven’t had any talks with Geelong at this stage. Said they will be playing hard ball on Smith. Was also mentioned to watch this space as the dogs recruiting manager and Mackie are two stubborn people which makes things spicy
Great for TV. They need to spice up Trade week somehow. Usually a dull fortnight with the only highlight the last 6 minutes.

I found the following image from Draft Guru and while it's following the trade period, it would suggest the following prior to trades:

Richmond
Geelong
Port
Brisbane

That matches the AFL ladder after the season - but not sure it helps as it's slightly different because here the higher placed team lost the QF while the 2 higher placed teams wont QF

View attachment 2121195

I've gone back over a few other years, and can't find a similar situation to this year to get a good comparison - lower ranked QF team wins, with both teams from that QF going on to lose their respective PFs

Guessing it's not a situation that comes up very often then
I asked Dwayne on SEN and he says it's based on ladder spots pre-finals. Not common.
2016 would be a good one to check. Only really affects draft positions, so 4th is fine for me.

Midweek Tackle saying dogs haven’t had any talks with Geelong at this stage. Said they will be playing hard ball on Smith. Was also mentioned to watch this space as the dogs recruiting manager and Mackie are two stubborn people which makes things spicy

What a load of Scheiße

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back