Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Yes, they did, but Richmond's star players were Dusty and Cotchin, Melbourne's clear star player was Petracca, all of whom are top five picks.

Collingwood and Hawthorn both built flags off the back of top-six combinations bought through priority picks (Thomas and Pendlebury, Franklin and Roughead).

That’s like saying Geelong built there’s off drafting Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie and Hawkins and ignoring the trades, but if you want to do that, go right ahead.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="cats_[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it's mod curiosity - can I ask what browser you are using to post from or are you using the App on the new Apple IOS?

You've done nothing wrong, just the way you post is showing up and the powers to be are curious what's happening

Using the app, i can’t see them showing up funny- something I can do to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is this trade period the most amusing in recent years? As a BF board we have very clever posters + the humour is priceless.

Putting aside the LOLS, this Clayton Oliver fiasco + MFC internal cluster**** is extraordinary.

Pert spruiking Oliver, to other clubs, behind his back, which Oliver only discovered two days ago. Yet Geelong was supposed to have show interest in 2023 ???

Connors arranging for Oliver to meet with Geelong.

Petracca, if true, appearing to sook: “It’s him or me.”

Goodwin wanting Oliver to stay.

Mr & Mrs Gawn invited Oliver to live with them. Next that was a PR stunt + didn’t last.

Yesterday. . .NSIS 🤷🏻‍♀️

Wait until solicitors get involved 🙀

A couple of recent off-field incidents, a six-million dollar six-year contract, and reports that other Melb players want him out make Oliver worth a second-round pick only, IMO.
I would really hope there are some very good behavioural clauses in those contracts should they land with us

Has me slightly worried but I trust the club culture and leadership

Gee wizz the “I’m cooling on Clayton” crowd mystify me.

What do u think a 27 year old 3 time AA, Duel coaches comp MVP, 4 time B&F, premiership player would be worth?!? We wouldn’t be paying him 1m nor giving up 3 Fist rounders for him. We are getting him for a ridiculous cut down to that. Hes younger and has a better record than Petracca.

I mean it’s laughable ppl suggest that some pick in the 20’s or 30’ or 600-700k is too much. Too risky. Spare me. He could waltz out and be even worse than this year and we’d still be ahead of what we give up.

Last edited:
I would really hope there are some very good behavioural clauses in those contracts should they land with us

Has me slightly worried but I trust the club culture and leadership

no one in their right mind would take up a bunch of new behaviourl clause when he can just stay at melborune.

this is the reason i dont want him. this and his contract which you think will affect any FA tilts for good 8 years..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's all be careful with spreading of rumours - there's a dedicated board for that which is definitely a more suitable location for discussion of that nature

I think we can also all agree that we're not a totally clean cut club without a few skeletons in the closest, we also know that players come with baggage - some of it being more publicised than in the case of others

Debate on the pros & cons of the recruitment of players is always welcome, let's just make sure we stay on the correct side of not crossing into unfounded speculation that would see posts on the rumours board be deleted, and let's also be mindful of dredging up too much of the past - if we're going to get into debates of what our former players may have or not have done, that chat can also be taken elsewhere

Unless anyone thinks we're recruiting Chappy to play forward pocket in 2025

Well the incident with the gf was him sneaking her into the AAMI pool for a skinny dip, then when security found them and confronted, he punched a window in.

This will probably get deleted but this guy is a nutter. Addiction or not it doesn't really matter and we should not be entertaining him in the slightest.
Well sneaking into the pool and skinny dipping with misso, that's kinda a little cute and cheeky, not too worried about that. The window punching considerably less so but is it possible he saw his reflection in it and thought he was being attacked by Sloth from the goonies? 😉
The Goonies Chuck GIF

I've just made a call to a mate who works at Adoption Victoria after reading the article from Sam McClure.

So the story seems to check out and official records show that a person named as a Mr R Stanley has lodged adoption papers for a Mr C Oliver. The application states that Oliver will become a part of the Stanley family and will take on the Stanley name. The application has been expedited to fast track the normal process and it appears that a Mr S Hocking paid the fees from an undisclosed bank account. There is an internal audit underway to ascertain why the fees paid by Mr Hocking were significantly above the standard rate charged.

More news to come.................Allegedly

Geelong must really want Oliver we’ve rolled out our biggest star Rhys Stanley! Is this why he’s been kept on the list for another season?
Intrigued to see what off field role Duncan has to understand why he’s on the list for next season.

Well sneaking into the pool and skinny dipping with misso, that's kinda a little cute and cheeky, not too worried about that. The window punching considerably less so but is it possible he saw his reflection in it and thought he was being attacked by Sloth from the goonies? 😉
The Goonies Chuck GIF

Yes obviously the late night swimming isn't a huge deal in isolation.

Gee wizz the “I’m cooling on Clayton” crowd mystify me.

What do think a 27 year old 3 time AA, Duel coaches comp MVP, 4 time B&F, premiership player would be worth?!? We wouldn’t be paying him 1m nor giving up 3 Fist rounders for him. We are getting him for a ridiculous cut down to that. Hes younger and has a better record than Petracca.

I mean it’s laughable ppl suggest that some pick in the 20’s or 30’ or 600-700k is too much. Too risky. Spare me. He could waltz out and be even worse than this year and we’d still be ahead of what we give up.
If it's a pick in the 20s or 30s and $600-$700k/year, I think most on here would be all over it. But how likely is that?

But there are reports (unsure if true) that his contract will increase to $1.3mil. If we're only paying 600-700k, it would mean Melbourne are paying half his salary. They're not accepting pick 30 in this scenario. Likewise if we get away with pick 30, it would mean we'd be paying him >1mil, which would make him our highest paid player.

I think we'd have to be comfortable with either paying $1mil+ OR giving up or future first as a starting point. And if we were to do either of those things, I'm not sure he's the player I would target. But pick 30 and 600k, sign me up.

Let's all be careful with spreading of rumours - there's a dedicated board for that which is definitely a more suitable location for discussion of that nature

I think we can also all agree that we're not a totally clean cut club without a few skeletons in the closest, we also know that players come with baggage - some of it being more publicised than in the case of others

Debate on the pros & cons of the recruitment of players is always welcome, let's just make sure we stay on the correct side of not crossing into unfounded speculation that would see posts on the rumours board be deleted, and let's also be mindful of dredging up too much of the past - if we're going to get into debates of what our former players may have or not have done, that chat can also be taken elsewhere

Unless anyone thinks we're recruiting Chappy to play forward pocket in 2025
Sorry my fault, I was the one pushing for more info
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Now we've got Cal Twomey with a few Geelong updates:

Do you have an opinion about why the standoff is occurring?

You said Bulldogs’ B&F is tonight.

Any chance Smith has cold feet?

He’s waiting to hear of an offer to Oliver + perhaps holding out for more $$$?

Obviously I’m speculating.

Do you have an opinion about why the standoff is occurring?

You said Bulldogs’ B&F is tonight.

Any chance Smith has cold feet?

He’s waiting to hear of an offer to Oliver + perhaps holding out for more $$$?

Obviously I’m speculating.
Nah I think the context of "stand off" is more club V club rather than Bailey Smith himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back