Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Well sneaking into the pool and skinny dipping with misso, that's kinda a little cute and cheeky, not too worried about that. The window punching considerably less so but is it possible he saw his reflection in it and thought he was being attacked by Sloth from the goonies? 😉
The Goonies Chuck GIF
God i love that movie

Ok. It won’t happen. It’s like saying “what happens when the sun doesn’t rise tomorrow?”
I agree... because in the end, the Doggies have more to lose come the last moments of the trade period if no trade has been completed.

Dogs will hold off as long as possible... push for as much as they can get and then sign off on a trade in the last moments after they've extracted as much as they can from Geelong for Smith.

Only time will tell what that final trade ends up landing on.

But the Dogs will be the club relenting In the end.

Off topic I know.
I wasn't worried about ollie Henry during the year. Kind of just hoped he'd find some form.

But his prelim showed to me that he cant stand up. (at this stage)
So I'm now a tad worried.

He could have made a big difference in the prelim. He had the opportunities.

??

Screenshot_20241002_152641_AFL.jpg

It could be that he’s not confident Geelong can get a deal done.

Reports are that Geelong are only offering a first and some change which Sam Power has gone on record saying “not even close”.

A deal will most likely get done, but Geelong have to start trading in good faith.

Your chance to get a better trade was 12 months ago..when he was contracted. You have known this was coming for 12 months at least.

It's already painful enough having to read your dribble on the drafts and trading boards, please don't bring it onto our board.
But… Sam Power has gone on record!

Off topic I know.
I wasn't worried about ollie Henry during the year. Kind of just hoped he'd find some form.

Um, what?

I think there is a 1% chance of your scenario occurring. Such little chance it’s really not worth worrying about.
Even 1% is to high.. The chance of it happening is probably 0.0005%

If the Dogs really wanted more for him they should have traded him last year before the ACL and being OOC

They would have easily got 2 firsts then

So you're claiming the miers soccer goal? Nice.
We are off topic. Go look at everything he missed. He had the chance to be the man. Failed.

Lmao. Not sure if you’re trolling or not but if you’re serious you’re showing either 2 things. You know nothing about football or you’re too biased to have an opinion on Henry.

Not even “yeh he was good but need to see more” just a flat out “he was no good”

Could be one of the worst calls I’ve ever heard on bigfooty. The whole world and coaches agree he was good. But you know more apparently. So funny

So you're claiming the miers soccer goal? Nice.
We are off topic. Go look at everything he missed. He had the chance to be the man. Failed.
Even if you scrub that goal he's our highest scoring player. i think you're being needlessly harsh. He wasn't our best but he was good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic I know.

Do you go drinking with Robbo ?

All this Smith + Oliver trade discussion is thirsty work, just scooted to the bottle shop + old mate Tuggers’ fan started in on me 😹

Long story short.

F1 picks
Dees want Oliver to stay
Doggies deserve top $ for Smith
Geelong no salary cap
Yadayada!

My retort: “Did you see video of Dusty saying he’s happily retired? Well, a close friend in Geelong recruitment department said Geelong has already signed Dusty”

🤥

“Geelong and the Western Bulldogs are yet to have “a single meaningful conversation” regarding a trade deal for wantaway midfielder Bailey Smith.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/667af1dcaf8648ada1d8546b2bb67e43

I agree... because in the end, the Doggies have more to lose come the last moments of the trade period if no trade has been completed.

Dogs will hold off as long as possible... push for as much as they can get and then sign off on a trade in the last moments after they've extracted as much as they can from Geelong for Smith.

Only time will tell what that final trade ends up landing on.

But the Dogs will be the club relenting In the end.

100 %.

Oh I agree. But if the bulldogs say “we want 2 firsts” and don’t budge then what do you think we should do?
Both clubs will compromise, as is always the case.

And of course the bulldogs, and their fans, want to get maximum value for him. TBH saying we can just walk him to the draft is just as petulant as anything they are saying.

Jack Martin chooses Geelong, reported by Clark, Cleary and Co

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back