Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

+ a guy named Perryman.

Not sure who he is but good luck to him going to the Pies.
Who in their right mind would pay $900k for Perryman?
A handy flanker at best. Not a key position, not a gun mid, not a match winner, not a line breaker, just a decent honest footballer..
Not worth anywhere near that money..

Who in their right mind would pay $900k for Perryman?
A handy flanker at best. Not a key position, not a gun mid, not a match winner, not a line breaker, just a decent honest footballer..
Not worth anywhere near that money..

They think they can win the flag next season and are trying to capitalize whilst a few players still have some good footy left in them.
Perryman certainly strengthens them. Excellent footballer.

They think they can win the flag next season and are trying to capitalize whilst a few players still have some good footy left in them.
Perryman certainly strengthens them. Excellent footballer.
And people try to complain about Geelong's salary cap, yet a footballer like Perryman (if $900k is correct) is getting paid as much as any Cat..

Consensus it appears that it will likely be pick 15 plus something. Maybe an F2 or F3. I think it will probably land somewhere around there. He’s uncontracted so they can’t drive too hard a price.

It will get worked out ..as it usually is. If it was as you say then ..we probably walk away happy enough. Again like a similar to the previous question. If we trade Fr2 …does that lock our Fr1 in….and prevent us from trading it in the trade period …or both the trade period and the 2024 draft…. so that we could not trade it in the 2024 like we did with Holmes.

It will get worked out ..as it usually is. If it was as you say then ..we probably walk away happy enough. Again like a similar to the previous question. If we trade Fr2 …does that lock our Fr1 in….and prevent us from trading it in the trade period …or both the trade period and the 2024 draft…. so that we could not trade it in the 2024 like we did with Holmes.

I’m not entirely sure how that works? Best defer to Lana or Pure_Ownage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does, I'd find a way to trade out our future 3rd for something, to force Melbourne to trade us a future 3rd to allow us to move our future 1st

How many players who have been clearly out of shape were ever able to get back into shape and dominate? Genuine question. I don't know the answer.

If I can shed 32kg, no exercise (RA, OA etc)

Oliver, at 27yo, playing at Geelong, reigniting passion for footy, in a friendly competitive environment, with Bailey Smith the training freak + other players supporting him, should shed the 5kg (some say 10kg). Add the dietary support + sport psychologist, who he knows. It’s still up to him, with a second chance, there’s hope.

But they are all taking unders because of the lifestyle down there and because Geelong is well run great place to work club, and then they see someone brought in on overs, someone who hasn’t been playing that well and has issues.

When the next contract renewal comes up, why shouldn’t some players want a lot more?
Sure - it’s a risk on some levels, but I reckon our list is more mature than that. Sometimes the world isn’t as egalitarian as you’d like and you just cop it. I don’t see it unsettling our players. We need a couple of elite mids and that’s the difference. We’d have made the gf this year with just one more elite mid. I’m in the ‘he who dares wins’ camp but we might not get the deal done. It might not work out if we get it done. That’s life. I’m ok either way!

Happy if latest Oliver reports a true.
We can focus on bringing in the one true asset we desperately need in the midfield . . . Smith.

Wouldn't mind bringing in another ruckman. Braydon Preuss could be a good option. Get him for cheap too.
We desperately need an inside mid, not an outside winger like Smith. He's a bonus, not a need.

And Preuss is always injured. Wouldn't bother with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back