Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

We desperately need an inside mid, not an outside winger like Smith. He's a bonus, not a need.

And Preuss is always injured. Wouldn't bother with him.

Smith can play inside mid without any issues at all.
In fact, it is being rumored that will be his main position.

Holmes will have another preseason to build on his frame so you have two explosive midfielders about to enter their prime.

How much more was Danger on when he came in? Or Jezza?

Because if Oliver comes in healthy and we get a proper preseason into him his effect on our midfield will be similar to what Dangerfield did when he arrived at Geelong.
Chris Scott addressed this concern last night. Said Dangerfield took a cut as he’d made his money + wanted a Premiership. Players, many of whom, are from Geelong area accept lower salaries to live in the area in which they grew up to be with family + friends.

I do believe the conversation Turbocat posted is important.

Why are you here Clayton. What do you want from your football…. What we have here is an enviorment where we try to give each athlete the best chance to be the best version of themselves.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...urs-and-wish-lists-pt-2.1384217/post-85628466

Maybe Oliver should simply retire, then have a change of heart later.
Wasn't that how Dusty was going to move to GC, although still under contract?

That his leaving or staying?
I think the best advice this time of year, nothing is official until it's official... and/or trade week is over.

Even if the Dees say they aren't trading him, doesn't mean they aren't trading him

Tom Campbell goes from back up ruck .

To back up ruck ...just behide gawn .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep him then ave the club with self destruct.
It would like being cheated on and the misses saying ‘it meant nothing’ I’ve only ever loved you…
Ridiculous situation, you can’t float a trade and then say no I don’t want to do it and expect the player to be committed to the club.

On another note GWS getting 16 for Perryman compo so that pushes our 1st another pick back, doggies not gonna be happy
What else is new? We could get in pick 1 and offer that alongside our future first and they'd still be asking for Ollie Dempsey as well.

And yet 'everyone knows' that Geelong is far and away the hardest club to deal with at the trade table.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ned McHenry got delisted.

Geelong local boy, reckon Cats would eye him up as a cheap pickup.

No news on whether Oliver will rock up tonight. But I'm told as recently as this morning, that his management team are adamant the player wants out and they are supporting the move.

This has all the makings of a classic stand-off. I don't think Mackie or Hocking will be the first to blink - but the way Melbourne are going they'll announce tonight that he's a required player - and by lunchtime tomorrow there'll be a courier van delivering Oliver and his locker contents to GMHBA in a nicely gift wrapped box.

So the Demons hang CO out for the highest bid.... then pulll him back in.

Effects CO position.

Do it again and pull him back in again.

Yup.. great way to calm him down. nothing says loyalty like that.

GO Catters

I think the AFL will make an exception and allow it on mental health / player welfare grounds.

His issues have been widely documented and if this helps him get a fresh start (which he clearly needs), I think they'll strongly consider it due to his unique circumstances.

Article 28 August 2024:
There’s the nuclear” option, apparently explored by Petracca, according to Ralph:
“The nuclear option, if all else fails, it’s the AFL’s grievance process which is detailed in the CBA, it’s never been used before, he’d have to prove a breach of contract and the basis of that would be the club’s treatment of him,” Ralph said.”

Robbo:
“I can see the Christian Petracca side but they’ve told him they love him, they told him they care for him.”
MFC are doing this to Oliver now. Dees 2024 Crisis Management playbook 🙄

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wa...d/news-story/577a1d9e501b696bf63bb0f06d5eb2bd

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back