Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Do the bulldogs now chase our FR1 instead and hope we slide a bit.

And we can just turn around and say no.
They don’t have a leg to stand on here.

They threaten the Draft, Smith will go to National Draft and pull the mental health card

“don’t Draft me, I will not play for you. I will only play for Geelong”

Luke Ball all over again except it’s 2024 and social media will be all over the Dogs for not getting anything for Smith.
Would be horrible PR for any team to draft him with a First in a deep draft when Smith outright refuses to 0lay there”

Deal will get done, First this year and maybe Future 2nd.
Dogs will pout and we will all move on.

Petracca will skip Melbourne's best-and-fairest night on October 4 so he can attend a Red Bull training camp in Austria, and he has declared he will be ready to go for day one of pre-season.

That sounds like a Red bull mixer drink fest, yodelling around a camp fire. Then a train trip with the demon Nonna down to Italy.

And we can just turn around and say no.
They don’t have a leg to stand on here.

They threaten the Draft, Smith will go to National Draft and pull the mental health card

“don’t Draft me, I will not play for you. I will only play for Geelong”

Luke Ball all over again except it’s 2024 and social media will be all over the Dogs for not getting anything for Smith.
Would be horrible PR for any team to draft him with a First in a deep draft when Smith outright refuses to 0lay there”

Deal will get done, First this year and maybe Future 2nd.
Dogs will pout and we will all move on.
Look i don't want to be a smart arse in the question im about to ask...
But Port Adelaide could of done the same thing in regards Esava? But they did do a deal in what we wanted.

I honestly think that this Oliver situation is utterly hilarious. It's almost like 'once bitten, twice shy.' He's literally been advised that he's on the market twice...and then the club has gone 'oh we love you and things will be better next year.' I mean, you tried that shit this year, and things did not go well; what the hell is gonna be any different next year?

And also a big lol to that michO on the main board/his own board. Thinks we've been chasing him all this time, when it's Oliver and his manager that came to us and we were basically like 'yeah we'll give it a shot, but no promises.' We move on to the next (far cheaper) target. For mine, I'm keen on Matt Kennedy for a Future 2nd, which locks our Future 1st. Big bodied mid, cheap, no baggage, and can play mid and forward. Exactly what Scotty likes.

Look i don't want to be a smart arse in the question im about to ask...
But Port Adelaide could have done the same thing in regards Esava? But they did do a deal in what we wanted.
Except we weren’t asking Port to take over a contract of $1.3m pa, estimated with indexing to be about $10m over six years. A seven year contract Melbourne was stupid enough to offer + decided this time last year to offload Oliver.

Except we weren’t asking Port to take over a contract of $1.3m pa, estimated with indexing to be about $10m over six years. A seven year contract Melbourne was stupid enough to offer + decided this time last year to offload Oliver.
Ahhhh sorry Kitty talking about Smith trade 😅

No sympathy for that shitruck Club Melb - caught up in a post premiership splurge and signing off on 1.3mil. Then he goes off the boil, has weight and training issues and God knows how they handled his mental health, considering their other not so well hidden skeletons.

He can come here at a price they need to meet, at least 400k-500k. I'd say 700k tops from us. It won't be at too much of a disadvantage to Oliver, buying a premiership window, a healthy lifestyle, at a successful and culturally beneficial Club.

Surely that's worth whatever percentage of pro rata Melbs falls short on him, and motivational. Bring on trade week, and the Masters of the late get.

No sympathy for that shitruck Club Melb - caught up in a post premiership splurge and signing off on 1.3mil. Then he goes off the boil, has weight and training issues and God knows how they handled his mental health, considering their other not so well hidden skeletons.

He can come here at a price they need to meet, at least 400k-500k. I'd say 700k tops from us. It won't be at too much of a disadvantage to Oliver, buying a premiership window, a healthy lifestyle, at a successful and culturally beneficial Club.

Surely that's worth whatever percentage of pro rata Melbs falls short on him, and motivational. Bring on trade week, and the Masters of the late get.
Taking half his salary might be a tad low even though thats what his current performance is probably valued at. Cats would probably meet in between.

Taking half his salary might be a tad low even though thats what his current performance is probably valued at. Cats would probably meet in between.

Yeah, true. But it's Mackie we're talking about here- let's low ball them to start with. :)

That's the thing. If they handled the PHYSICAL injury of Petracca that badly, how badly are they going to handle the 'invisible' injury of mental health?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point in case? FishGutz knew about Alex Davies and the interest in Oliver, which no-one else on this board confirmed halfway through the year. They've got runs on the board. That's your prerogative to dispute whether it's factual, but it can just as also easily be stated that your opinion that '95% of things said on here is BS' - also isn't factual. No way to prove otherwise.

We move on anyway, it's not important
You sure know how to make a re-entrance don't you? 😂

Esports Lol GIF by League of Legends

You sure know how to make a re-entrance don't you? 😂

Actually legitimately confused...

I'm a previous guy, but I'm not that guy, and I'm not Mahlepi. Watched the Xmen trilogy again and found the username clever. Fair point though if another person was called 'shadow'...as it appears I've conflicted with another person's username already.

I'd change it to 'sleepy cat' as my hayfever is driving me nuts and making me very blocked at night, but unfortunately, I don't have those powers just yet :(

1728049559793.gif

Haha yeah thought you were talking about a fresh contract. Doubt Melbourne would pay anything tbh.

Melbs has only two choices, as Pure_Ownage pointed out. It's all going to rest with Oliver, can he be seduced to kiss and makeup and keep pocketing his fortune, even if feeling betrayed? We've already seen his team mates go into persuasive overdrive.

If he hates them enough (who wouldn't hate their shifty underhanded moves) and wants a new start, Melbs must meet part of his 1.3mil.

Melbs has only two choices, as Pure_Ownage pointed out. It's all going to rest with Oliver, can he be seduced to kiss and makeup and keep pocketing his fortune, even if feeling betrayed? We've already seen his team mates go into persuasive overdrive.

If he hates them enough (who wouldn't hate their shifty underhanded moves) and wants a new start, Melbs must meet part of his 1.1.3mil.
I agree, hopefully has the maturity to see he's being manipulated a fair bit. (Even though he's on 1.4m a year lol, id be manipulated for that)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back