Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

BS situation is a bit like an inverse of that old dad joke, what do you call a dog with no legs?
Doesn't matter, he won't come to you

Rimshot Drum Joke GIF
A quadrilateral amputee 😉

Speaking of bigfooty posters, didn't a poster on here say they caught up with Ben Cousins the other day :eyes:
That was me, no I'm not Bazlenka in fact I'm the antithesis of him hahaha

Funnily enough bumped into Chris Scott yesterday as well, another one looking an absolute million dollars!
Nice guy

I just wanted to give you a bit of an insight into FishGutz, and the GFC BigFooty board.

We're a bunch of unique individuals.

We're here to engage with our minds, and our hearts. Let's exhange our ideas, thoughts, and even our energy.

FishGutz speaks from the heart, and to speak from the heart, you need to have courage! You need to be honest, and authentic.

He's not always going to get it right - and sometimes - you're not going to agree with him. But that's okay.

Just like you, he cares.

Just like you, he's passionate about the game.

If you want to come along for the ride, join him on the GFC BigFooty board, because he just loves the footy.
Have Sydney won a flag since this? Did this curse them for all eternity?

This will be a big test of how much they actually give a shit about their players, other than just talking shit all the time.

A pivotal moment for the Club IMO.
Huge test!

Brad Green said Oliver is staying.
Wonder how long the MFC love fest for Oliver will continue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver showed grace + character to go to the Bluey last night. Props to him.

The concern is that MFC have behaved in a shifty, underhanded + careless way towards him.

We’re well aware of Oliver venting anger + frustration in ways unacceptable to many.

Still, the public only knows from media leaks + conjecture. It’s clear MFC are a chaotic predicament of their own creation.

Who really knows how Oliver was treated? People only react to how they’re treated. Perhaps Oliver is immature for his age + resorted to finding comfort + happiness in unhealthy ways.

The toxic culture + endemic turmoil may have manifested from clashing egos, resulting in resentment + persecution.

The firm statement by MFC president, Brad Green that Oliver is staying at Dees, contradicts attempts to offload Oliver this year + last.

How will MFC proceed? Will Oliver be the quarry of damage control? Coerced to tow Melbourne’s attempts to appear ordered + unified. Only to be ostracised again?

How can a fragile, disenchanted, mistreated + miserable guy recover if there is a third betrayal.
Melb are all over the shop

On one hand covertly trying to test the market and on the other angrily demanding that he is staying

Melb are all over the shop

On one hand covertly trying to test the market and on the other angrily demanding that he is staying
Would Dees trade him to another team? Saints? Seems they’re purely anti Geelong + we’re the only team interested in two years? Petulantly refusing to add to our success
😹

Huge test!

Brad Green said Oliver is staying.
Wonder how long the MFC love fest for Oliver will continue?

At least for the weekend- Front and back pages of today's Hun.
Nothing like a well place phone call to your media contact and extend your bullying. Embarrassing.

Attachments

• oliver.jpg
    oliver.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 16
At least for the weekend- Front and back pages of today's Hun.
Nothing like a well place phone call to your media contact and extend your bullying. Embarrassing.

Would truly not want to back pedal from here

So I guess we should categorically move on from CO.

And if it comes our way once again next year, we should not so politely tell them to gagf.

Would truly not want to back pedal from here

So I guess we should categorically moved on from CO.

And if it comes our way once again next year, we should not so politely tell them to gagf.

Maybe, Oliver hasnt been given the right of reply, just media BS.

But I agree, move on, at the very least it's nice to know he gets along well with his Club of choice-us. Who knows what will happen in a year or two-if he recovers form.
Let Melbs take their own chances.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back