Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Point me to where I never said people cannot have an opinion.
I just find it to be a bad call
I appreciate your call on my call, sorry but outside of the hawks game early in the year where he did pretty well in the wet, I just felt Duncan’s a mile off the pace now, no time to use his kicking skills, and he can’t take contact, and struggles to play any sort of defensive role. He’s a luxury we can’t afford, Rohan is in the same boat, but he can still run and chase and exert pressure which suits the forward line ethos.

One of the guys above was right, in a perfect world neither should be on our list.

Expect it to continue until Clarry states he is staying. Not much else to talk about.

Oliver wants out. He’s conveyed that to Geelong people again over the weekend. Fri night was a carefully orchestrated PR stunt by Melb. Imagine being a Cats fan knowing our two best players want out. That’s what’s happening at Melbourne.

This still has heaps to play out I’m told. Opposition players don’t just randomly drive to Geelong to meet the senior people then go and spend the afternoon with players out on a farm at Moriac.

Take a deep breath people. This is well and truly alive. Remember Barrett has close ties to Geelong, Dangerfield and to Connors.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kid called Gabriel Stumpf has tested very well in the combine. Tall forward who hasn’t been given much mention in draft discussions. May be a possibility with one of our late picks?

What are the results that you have seen ? …. the only one I have seen posted is 20M sprit …. sub 3.0 for a tall is tasty.

Top 5 in 20m

Gabriel Stumpf 2.815
Leo Lombard 2.851
Rhys Unwin 2.914
Jasper Alger 2.931
Malakai Champion 2.938

What are the results that you have seen ? …. the only one I have seen posted is 20M sprit …. sub 3.0 for a tall is tasty.

Top 5 in 20m

Gabriel Stumpf 2.815
Leo Lombard 2.851
Rhys Unwin 2.914
Jasper Alger 2.931
Malakai Champion 2.938
He tested well in one of the vertical jumps I think too.

He tested well in one of the vertical jumps I think too.

Historically ..Geelong nearly always draft someone in the top 10 in something. I guess the question would be what was he like in the 2k …. and then as a player . Not having seen him…. who knows.

Any idea on FloydB results?

Opposition players don’t just randomly drive to Geelong to meet the senior people then go and spend the afternoon with players out on a farm at Moriac.

That and they dont spend the last 72 hours liking every social media post linking him to a move to Geelong.

Melbournes attitude hasnt changed: they dont want it to happen, but Oliver clearly does. So until Oliver comes out and kills it (which i think he had to do last year as well) then it is still a possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver wants out. He’s conveyed that to Geelong people again over the weekend. Fri night was a carefully orchestrated PR stunt by Melb. Imagine being a Cats fan knowing our two best players want out. That’s what’s happening at Melbourne.

This still has heaps to play out I’m told. Opposition players don’t just randomly drive to Geelong to meet the senior people then go and spend the afternoon with players out on a farm at Moriac.

Take a deep breath people. This is well and truly alive. Remember Barrett has close ties to Geelong, Dangerfield and to Connors.

what did you think about the age article?

It sounded almost like Melb were raising the bar. No way we let him go. Pretty hard to walk back from that for a packet of chips.

Historically ..Geelong nearly always draft someone in the top 10 in something. I guess the question would be what was he like in the 2k …. and then as a player . Not having seen him…. why knows.

Any idea on FloydB results?

Believe his 20m was just over 3 secs

So Oliver was playing it smart by attending Friday night and not burning the bridge?

taller player …so not shabby.

My bet is by the close of night 2 there are some handy players that miss getting drafted. The way clubs have cleared their lists…they might be thinking something similar.

Going to still be some handy types late in the draft you’d think.

God I hope you're right.

I would say it's done 7:35pm. If you walk up with the paperwork before the time runs out they don't turn the trade away
You're right about that. I remember one period where we put a trade through after the deadline and it there was confusion about if it had happened and how, and I think what you said is basically it.

That and they dont spend the last 72 hours liking every social media post linking him to a move to Geelong.

Melbournes attitude hasnt changed: they dont want it to happen, but Oliver clearly does. So until Oliver comes out and kills it (which i think he had to do last year as well) then it is still a possibility.
Oliver is under contract with the Melbourne Football Club for a long time and for a considerable amount of money. It basically doesn't matter what he wants. If Melbourne don't want him out, then he has to stay. If they're open to letting him go, it has to be on their terms. They dangled him as trade bait as is their right to do. They've clearly seen that what they could get in a deal isn't worth it for them. So they're going to keep him. They have every right to do that, as we did when Kelly and Sav wanted to go a year earlier than they did.

He can tell them he wants to go to Geelong until he's blue in the face. They say no, and that's it. He's not coming. Whether or not denying multiple anguished players like that is good for player relations, club culture and performance going forward is another matter, but that isn't our concern.

Oliver is under contract with the Melbourne Football Club for a long time and for a considerable amount of money. It basically doesn't matter what he wants. If Melbourne don't want him out, then he has to stay. If they're open to letting him go, it has to be on their terms. They dangled him as trade bait as is their right to do. They've clearly seen that what they could get in a deal isn't worth it for them. So they're going to keep him. They have every right to do that, as we did when Kelly and Sav wanted to go a year earlier than they did.

He can tell them he wants to go to Geelong until he's blue in the face. They say no, and that's it. He's not coming. Whether or not denying multiple anguished players like that is good for player relations, club culture and performance going forward is another matter, but that isn't our concern.

Major difference between Sav and Kelly deals, is we didn't shop them - and we didn't want them to go. Polar opposite scenario when compared to phoning other clubs and seeing what you can get for them. If a club comes to you and asks the question, no worries. If a CEO goes to another club and says 'this guy is available, we want him gone for the right price' - then you can't be surprised if you piss the player off in the process...especially when you do it 2 years in a row.

Thanks for that, i really needed a paragraph to tell me what i already knew.

Melbourne can do what they want, but when players start phoning it in because you've held them to a contract it starts to be a problem. Or at least it would for any club with standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back