Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

I wouldn’t rule out Jhye Clark’s name being floated before the week is out.

If Oliver were to come, that is two more midfielders ahead of him and he didn’t even make an emergency in finals.

Could be a painful exit there to get Oliver.
Yeah nah the club isn’t going to throw away a contracted kid that doesn’t want to go anywhere

Can someone explain to me how he can take a pay cut, surely the AFL would come down hard if they tore his contract up, how exactly can that happen?
Every time you get traded the old contract gets thrown out and a new one is drawn up. Josh Jenkins spoke about it on radio recently. His effectively took a pay cut to get to the Cats when he split the money on his contract remaining over an extra year.

Please please however unlikely it would be that Melb trades out Oliver with a high pick for us to take on the contract and it’s get torn up and he takes a pay cut

Please I just want to see Bigfooty burn
You won't see BigFooty though. You'll just get your connection timed out every 5 minutes for a week

Seems some of the journos have caught onto the noise I was hearing last night. Prepare for a possible big day tomorrow. It’s sounding like things will come out tomorrow and that way the whole weekend while nothing can happen trade wise, news and discussion to circulate. This is real.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nailed it again mate...down to the attitudes on all sides, the way it's being played, and what the real points of contention are. Even got the stuff about the contract being the real issue, which other journos have ran with.

Kudos mate, brilliant to know we have a true ITK on our board now :)

If Oliver were to come, that is two more midfielders ahead of him and he didn’t even make an emergency in finals.

I reckon Knevitt would be a more likely trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I thought this Oliver stuff was rubbish.

I now think it’s a real possibility.

It seems it was basically up to Oliver to cut his salary and he (understandably) needed time to digest that.

It also seems (with sources from all 3 parties) that a first rounder for next year was floated (informally).

Melbourne can save face by saying we freed up salary cap space for a player who didn’t want to be there and his performance didn’t support the salary he was paid.

Interesting times…

I reckon Knevitt would be a more likely trade

Knevitt isn’t worth anything, Melbourne won’t want him.

Tbh I’m probably in the minority, but I’d consider Clark if it saved us our F1. Although with Oliver and Smith we’d be backing ourselves in for top 4, so our F1 might not be until the late teens.

Seems some of the journos have caught onto the noise I was hearing last night. Prepare for a possible big day tomorrow. It’s sounding like things will come out tomorrow and that way the whole weekend while nothing can happen trade wise, news and discussion to circulate. This is real.

This is the kinda Trade Radio I can get behind.

BigFooty HOF level posting from you of late if this trade comes off.

Re: Bailey Smith, this is now the funniest thing I've ever seen - they've gone full 'Richmond supporter, CFL, Shocking 1111'

Legit cannot stop laughing at this :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

1728556290383.png

Knevitt isn’t worth anything, Melbourne won’t want him.

Tbh I’m probably in the minority, but I’d consider Clark if it saved us our F1. Although with Oliver and Smith we’d be backing ourselves in for top 4, so our F1 might not be until the late teens.
Knevitt has more currency than Clark i can guarantee you that, has shown a lot more

Re: Bailey Smith, this is now the funniest thing I've ever seen - they've gone full 'Richmond supporter, CFL, Shocking 1111'

View attachment 2137515
He forgot to mention how they are forced to put up with a knobhead like Bevo as a coach

Clark is not going anywhere.

The way Melb has stuffed around Clayton just tells me what a shit club it is. I hope he does get to the Cattery because he will be so much better off as person there.

Nobody can determine that to be true.

He's a very damaged person, nobody here is qualified to say whether he'll be any better in an environment like Geelong as opposed to Melbourne.

So I thought this Oliver stuff was rubbish.

I now think it’s a real possibility.

It seems it was basically up to Oliver to cut his salary and he (understandably) needed time to digest that.

It also seems (with sources from all 3 parties) that a first rounder for next year was floated (informally).

Melbourne can save face by saying we freed up salary cap space for a player who didn’t want to be there and his performance didn’t support the salary he was paid.

Interesting times…

I'll really love the face saving this conversion happens:

"We saved 1.3m pa in salary cap!"

"awesome! What new players are we spending it on?"

"Ummmm, Tom Campbell"

View attachment 2137515
I'm pretty sure that guy is joking.

At least I hope he is, because i really leant into pushing his psychoses further.

If he actually has a mental health issue i couldn't forgive myself

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back