Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Not sure about that he could have been targeting other players or improving/ swapping picks rather that just the aSmith deal surely!
Yeah, I think he and the recruiting staff are spending time going over and over lists of available players from all around the country. On the Esava trade, I think they already knew about and understood the Humphries situation and probably had a whole bagful of potential names he could pick if available. That's why he pushed hard for those late picks. Most other recruiters stop looking after 2 or 3 rounds.
So I bet he's busy looking for similar possibilities while they wait.

😂, SOS always going to try to get back players he's previously drafted

SOS was actually a genius.
He used all of the GWS free draft picks / allowances to recruit victorian kids.

Go look at who he drafted.

It was done simply because he knew that 1/2 would want to go home and that there were 10 teams here to fight for the players.
It was just brilliant. Look at Gold Coast if you want a comparison.

This year has some of the worst value trades imaginable. It's like some teams are rocking up to negotiations unaware what leverage is. Hopefully we do better at 7pm tomorrow with Smith.

Port: 13, 29 and Joe Richards for Dan Houston.
Upgrade from 39 to 36 and 58 to 50.

GC: Future 1st for Lukosius and Atkins (salary dump)

That's essentially the trade on Port's end. Truthfully, still looks miles better than the WC trade.

It's a trash deal.
Basically 13 for a future 1st that could be the same or top ten and luko 29 and Richards for a contracted Houston.
It's also a crap deal for gc.
Robbery for pies.

As a quiet, very shy + modest member of our board, you would all recognise just how much attention makes me blush + that I shun the limelight.

shy snow white GIF

Accordingly, in my polite, bashful way, may I please say. . .

FFS!!!

Just get the SMITH TRADE done TODAY!!!

It’s my birthday!

🥳 🎁 🎂 🥂 🍾 🥂 🎂 🎁 🥳

View attachment 2142595
Happy birthday!

As a quiet, very shy + modest member of our board, you would all recognise just how much attention makes me blush + that I shun the limelight.

shy snow white GIF

FFS!!!

It’s my birthday!

🥳 🎁 🎂 🥂 🍾 🥂 🎂 🎁 🥳

View attachment 2142595
Happy birthday to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shy snow white GIF

FFS!!!

It’s my birthday!

🥳 🎁 🎂 🥂 🍾 🥂 🎂 🎁 🥳

View attachment 2142595
Happy birthday Kitty! You are very much
loved on this board and we hope you have had the most purrrrrfect day!! ❤️
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Will Schofield reckons:

"Eagles great Will Schofield theorised on Tuesday that a massive play for Warner is the only thing that explains the deal that was struck on Tuesday.

The West Coast premiership player wrote on X: “What the hell is happening? As far as I can tell there is a lot of I’ll scratch your back, if you scratch mine.

“Only thing that makes sense. West Coast are all in on Chad Warner.

“West Coast land 2 future firsts for 2025 draft for Barrass. They take their top 5 pick next year, package with above 2 and land Warner over Fremantle.”"

Seems very unlikely, but maybe?

Will Schofield reckons it could be a play for Chad Warner. Seems.....unlikely...

I've watched Kemp a bit because people on here wanted to take him draft night instead of Cooper Stephens and I think he is at the same level as Cooper ie not AFL standard. Probably would have been a better player to push out than Owies all things considered.
Haha come on, Kemp is five times the player Stephens is, he’s an actual AFL footballer for starters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back