Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Will Schofield reckons it could be a play for Chad Warner. Seems.....unlikely...
Might be true. Just as stupid if so.

If it is, I hope they already have him on board. Otherwise what if he just re-signs with Sydney halfway through next year?

Even if they DO have him on board, he’s just one player. Good, sure, but not THAT good.

SOS was actually a genius.
He used all of the GWS free draft picks / allowances to recruit victorian kids.

Go look at who he drafted.

It was done simply because he knew that 1/2 would want to go home and that there were 10 teams here to fight for the players.
It was just brilliant. Look at Gold Coast if you want a comparison.
SOS = genius.

Well f@#k me I’ve read it all now.

Will Schofield reckons it could be a play for Chad Warner. Seems.....unlikely...

This has been said a bit, but it makes no sense to me.

Firstly it’s a huge gamble, unless they have a very good indication that Warner is locked in. And secondly, trading pick 3 didn’t get them any picks for next season, so it doesn’t materially change what they can offer for him anyway.

If they’d swapped it for Carlton’s future first, maybe I’d accept that argument. But it was just a poor trade

Don’t disagree, still got Stephens covered, comfortably.
Yeah, the picks around Stephens weren't anything special either, but it's delusional to think we'd still rather have him over Kemp.

Kemp would be an AFL player at a number of clubs, while Stephens is punching his ticket for the VFL men for all seasons calendar next year.

We don't always get it right, and that's okay. We get it right more often than not, and that's what's important.

Thankfully, that one didn't hurt us too much.

Tim Lamb on trade radio just said nothing will change with their stance on Clayton
Who believed Tim Lamb saying ‘Oliver has never been offered for trade’? 🤥

Nothing said by MFC has any credibility.

Their pathetic attempts to grasp any respect are laughable.

Mackie said Geelong respects MFC decision.

Oliver + Connors SM still silent.

FO MFC + Lamb

You chose to bully an unhappy player with many soul destroying issues, yet failed the p1$$1ng contest!

The only wish is for Oliver to flourish

Wildly bad take. You get more from pumping wins into kids than you do going up the order a few spots
Im saying the margins are extremely slim running with that type of midfield set up, Danger is not a 22+ game proposition, puts a lot on Max, and the others are not offensively damaging. I don’t know how that’s a “wildly bad take”.

We are paying nothing for Smith at the moment, this is why Dogs want more because of these stupid deals with players getting way overs

Paraphrasing Kerry Packer, “you only get one Gold Coast Suns in your lifetime and I’ve had mine…….until West Coast came along”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im saying the margins are extremely slim running with that type of midfield set up, Danger is not a 22+ game proposition, puts a lot on Max, and the others are not offensively damaging. I don’t know how that’s a “wildly bad take”.
It's not the anecdote about the midfield. Everyone knows that needs to improve, and our current setup's chances of winning us a flag are slim.

It's your suggestion that we should tank that CatToTheFuture took umbrage with.

Even if we were to tank, we're not going to finish lower than Norf, Richmond, or WCE.

That's pick 4 at a minimum, before academy bids (in the most compromised draft in history) and then there is still the likelihood that we'll be better than teams like Essendon, St Kilda, or Adelaide regardless.

Your idea of tanking for a pick that will likely end up being 6-10 - in a weak, comprised draft - is the "wildly bad take" in question.

We're better off doing what we always do, and selling the dream to Brayshaw, Oliver, LDU, Butters or whoever else is potentially available next year, and that's with or without Smith.

If we tank, not only are we not attracting those players - while also tearing apart a culture, that's taken 20 years to build - but we're not even getting a Harley Reid for our troubles.

If it's round 15 and we're already bottom 4, then you might potentially open a conversation if there's a kid who's distanced himself from the pack.

Until then though, it's a dumb idea.

PSA: You know this trade period is f***ed when we're discussing Cooper Stephens.

Just free the mullet man already Power, we all know you're going to do it anyway.

In the meantime, I've been working on this:

Good to see a boy from Malvern East finally fulfil his dream of living on a farm....or something.

View attachment 2142921

Where are his beautiful blue eyes

So is the corporate world

Ive read Justin Langer the ex opening batsmen tell the story , when he was playing for AUST ,one night all the players got invited around to Packers mansion for dinner .

And Kerry Packer told them the story something along the lines of his grandfather ( Sir Frank Packers father ) was at the races and found a 50 pound note or something and chucked the lot on a 100-1 pop and it won . And Packer kept emphasing to those cricketers , how lucky was that , that was the 1st step in that family sort of becoming wealthy

So artistic!

I know he's genetically superior to 99% of the male population but you've really done him a dirty here :p
I've got a fever and I'm stuck in bed while I hear about continental tyres and install a rheem (whatever the f**k that is?) all day.

This is what hell is. I choose that he must suffer too.

Serious Xanex requirement here
I still think Smith and Oliver could get over the line at deadline
Too much believing in what club officials say
They are posturing
We may yet send Smith to ND and get him with our second rounder.
Grab Oliver at deadline
Hold on for another 29 hours or take anti anxiety relief lol
You had me at Xanax + I’ll include 🥂🥂🥂

Wish I knew how to get Xanax. . .any tips 🤪

I've got a fever and I'm stuck in bed while I hear about continental tyres and install a rheem (whatever the f**k that is?) all day.

This is what hell is. I choose that he must suffer too.

Haha the hot water system ad is still around? Wild.

Can you make him prettier, that's God awful o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back