Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

Forgeting its one big bag in a good draft…is it any more than other clubs like North etc have had. They are banking on that those that are drafted to Richmond ..stay at Richmond. Pies probably thought OHenry would stay there too. Clubs like Pies Blue Dons etc will come for some of them..

They’ve done a repeat of those Melbourne drafts that they absolutely bottled. I think that the strength of this draft is overstated. An even draft doesn’t necessarily mean a strong draft. Could be a lot of Matt Crouches

Forgeting its one big bag in a good draft…is it any more than other clubs like North etc have had. They are banking on that those that are drafted to Richmond ..stay at Richmond. Pies probably thought OHenry would stay there too. Clubs like Pies Blue Dons etc will come for some of them..
They’ve done a repeat of those Melbourne drafts that they absolutely bottled. I think that the strength of this draft is overstated. An even draft doesn’t necessarily mean a strong draft. I see a lot of potential of Matt Crouches going early this draft

Nothing against those who now will discuss the various draft prospects for November but many a draft thread has taught me no one here is really an expert.

Deven Robertson and Brodie Kemp are two examples of players many were desperate for us to get. Both were attempted trades this week.

Everyone has attributes they like, gets hard to predict how guys will be used once at the level especially those that miss heaps of footy. Those crying out for Kemp weren’t seeing him being a KPD. The guys with clearer futures go super early.

Trying to pick out the next Luke Parker or Rockliff out of a group of 30 similar guys is difficult, clubs these days don’t seem to try anymore

They’ve done a repeat of those Melbourne drafts that they absolutely bottled. I think that the strength of this draft is overstated. An even draft doesn’t necessarily mean a strong draft. I see a lot of potential of Matt Crouches going early this draft
I'd be more worried about the development tbh.

There's every chance they could pick the right guy, and still look like they screwed it up because they've got no development pathway around him.

It's pretty hard to believe Melbourne, Carlton, & Norf over the years just always managed to pick the wrong kid.

Conversely, it's highly unlikely Hawthorn, Geelong, & Sydney almost always pick the right kid, often times with late selections.

It's just clubs who know how to develop and squeeze the most out of whatever talent is available, contrasted with those who don't.

I'd be more worried about the development tbh.

There's every chance they could pick the right guy, and still look like they screwed it up because they've got no development pathway around him.

It's pretty hard to believe Melbourne, Carlton, & Norf over the years just always managed to pick the wrong kid.

Conversely, it's highly unlikely Hawthorn, Geelong, & Sydney almost always pick the right kid, often times with late selections.

It's just clubs who know how to develop and squeeze the most out of whatever talent is available, contrasted with those who don't.

When you have a strong squad you don't have to squeeze the most talent out an individual player, you have a larger cohort of players fighting for a smaller number spot, the pick of the bunch get the opportunity. On a weaker squad everyone gets in.

3 more talented players who have to deliver from day one, who are getting battered from day 1 against 3 less slightly less talented but guys who had to fight for their opportunity against 10 others in the same boat, who get protected on the field until they're ready.

If they want to carry another ruckman, there is space.

That’s the point. They don’t want to commit more list spaces than they currently do to ruckman.
Has always staggered me how few people listened to Balmey when he was here. Other than the '2 weeks injury' joke.
He said it a few times lists have too few or too many rucks and there's no in between.

If we play 1 of SDK/Conway/Stanley and Blicavs. There's still 2 of those rucking in the VFL. None can really play FF either.
If we add another ruck then where are their development minutes going to come from. Remember there's also Edwards and Furphy on the list as well to develop.

We do not need another ruckman.
We basically have an empty rookie list. We absolutely have the space to add a ruck particularly if he's ready to go.
I admire your persistence on this, even after the club repeatedly do the exact opposite.
Pining for an increase in ruck stocks for 3 MSD's and 3 ND's in a row. Particularly an experienced ruck.

All we've done is draft Edwards and rookie Furphy.

Where do our picks likely end up being after Academy/FS and all the late pick "passing" by other clubs? Our later picks probably Late 50s or Late 60s in this draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the input - but you are wrong. Doubling down on a shite take like you have could also be construed as trolling.

See how easy it is to throw around garbage accusations?

Good bye
You've become the biggest troll on this board dude. Just accept it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back