Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

Yeah, but not rating his game initially versus now having "served his apprenticeship" and being ready to step up without any excuses are two different things.

Bruhn should be primed to step it.

We need it from him because I'm not sure anyone else in our midfield mix is in that category to take a big leap forward besides him.
I agree he's the best candidate for a big leap forward. And I thought there were already signs of him bringing that before the back end of his season got destroyed by injury. So I'm actually quietly confident that we'll see 'a step' (or two) from him in 2025.

Yeah, but not rating his game initially versus now having "served his apprenticeship" and being ready to step up without any excuses are two different things.

Bruhn should be primed to step it.

We need it from him because I'm not sure anyone else in our midfield mix is in that category to take a big leap forward besides him.

I feel like a lot of responsibility was placed on him this year, especially in the middle part. At this stage in his development (2nd year full time in the midst), he should be a 3rd, 4th or 5th banana, like Ashcroft was in his first two years in the miss before he hit his straps.

If he still shows no improvement after next year, then I'll start to critique, but based on this year, I saw a lot of improvement in areas I was previously concerned with (7 Brownlow votes doesn't hurt).

He'll need to go to that next level though, to allow us to transition smoothly, once more of the elder cohort move on. I'm talking games where he just rips them apart and teams need to place a tag on him. His trajectory very much reminds me of C. Guthrie, and I think he can get to that level if he continues to grow.

He has a lot of the attributes you want, but he needs to realize the time is now, and do it week in and week out. If he does, them we have Smith, Holmes and Bruhn all as possible elite players in the middle, and can really focus on building from there.

Have high hopes for him next year. Reckon he has a massive pre-season.

Last edited:
I feel like a lot of responsibility was placed on him this year, especially in the middle part. At his age, he should be a 3rd, 4th or 5th banana, like Ashcroft was before he hit his straps.

If he still shows no improvement after next year, then I'll start to critique, but based on this year, I saw a lot of improvement in areas I was previously concerned with (7 Brownlow votes doesn't hurt).

He'll need to go to that next level though, to allow us to transition smoothly, once more of the elder cohort move on. I'm talking games where he just rips them apart and teams need to place a tag on him. His trajectory very much reminds me of C. Guthrie, and I think he can get to that level if he continues to grow.

He has a lot of the attributes you want, but he needs to realize the time is now, and do it week in and week out. If he does, them we have Smith, Holmes and Bruhn as elite players in the middle, and can really focus on building from there.

Have high hopes for him next year. Reckon he has a massive pre-season.
For me Bruhn is improving every year. Hopefully it continues.

2025 he continues to improve and 2026 he must start being a main cog

2026 we need Smith, Holmes, Bruhn to be all A graders if not bordering elite as that is the year we will have none of the older brigade to hold down the fort. Also need Clark, Knevitt etc to keep progressing to be able to support the main 3.

For me Bruhn is improving every year. Hopefully it continues.

2025 he continues to improve and 2026 he must start being a main cog

2026 we need Smith, Holmes, Bruhn to be all A graders if not bordering elite as that is the year we will have none of the older brigade to hold down the fort. Also need Clark, Knevitt etc to keep progressing to be able to support the main 3.

That's where I'd like Knevitt and Clark to have a real off-season in the weight room, and assert themselves as bulls to compliment the aforementioned three. Even Stevens improving his aerobic capacity and making himself a Wines type of player, would work really well with the others. Have a sneaking suspicion that Mannagh will be another who will get some decent mid time next year though.

Will be a very interesting watch how it all works out. As improvement from Knevitt, Clark, Bruhn and Clohesy, alongside Danger, Holmes, Smith, Stewart, Bowes, Atkins, would be a formidable group of mids to choose from - if they can all play to their potential.

Hearing we might be looking way out west this upcoming draft.
2 big lads I believe.
Young bloke named Dennis. CHB/FB??
Kay Gerren?? Big CHF/FF/Ruck??
And another Clark... from SthOz??
Trying to get a pick or two in the 30'-40's range.

Worried that Gerryn is starting to get too much attention.

Another one that stands out to me is the unfortunately named Jack Ough, who could be a monster once he fills out

Last edited:
Worried the Gerryn is starting to get too much attention.

Another one that stands out to me is the unfortunately named Jack Ough, who could be a monster one he fills out
Ditto. saw him in an interview yesterday somewhere seems like a nice lad with a bit of runt and talent in him.

Closesy kicked multiple goals in multiple games last year. I’d say he’s better than occasionally hitting the score board.

I’d agree he’s a better version of Atkins. He’s not most skilled and does not has the highest ceiling but in every VFL game I watched and that was 95% of them Clohesy gave 125% all game long, laid tackles at every contest and was Selwood like on the he specifically would always try and get the ball forward.

I’ll get shit for the Selwood reference and fair call but Ted does, in the specific condition im referring to, remind me of his play.

Go Catters

It's still questionable whether Clohesy has the necessary skills, talent and elit running capacity to be an excellent on-baller but I'm 100% in agreeance with his hardness and toughness at the ball and contest along with his furious and unrelenting tackling which is also a highlight. Would love for him to make the grade dazbroncos as who's not gonna love a player that gives 100% and sum the whole time he's out on the footy-field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing we might be looking way out west this upcoming draft.
2 big lads I believe.
Young bloke named Dennis. CHB/FB??
Kay Gerren?? Big CHF/FF/Ruck??
And another Clark... from SthOz??
Trying to get a pick or two in the 30'-40's range.

If port don't take kale gerryn with one of their picks they are mad. I'd be surprised if he gets to our pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back