Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

If port don't take kale gerryn with one of their picks they are mad. I'd be surprised if he gets to our pick.
I have zero knowledge on what other clubs focus is in the draft nor their trading strategies.
I simply walk my dog occasionally with a chap that knows more than i do regards the club.
As to Port... Yes they are mad. So he will slip past them going by that fact. lol.

I have zero knowledge on what other clubs focus is in the draft nor their trading strategies.
I simply walk my dog occasionally with a chap that knows more than i do regards the club.
As to Port... Yes they are mad. So he will slip past them going by that fact. lol.

A couple of the names you have hinted at seem to fit our type…. For a start we seem to have a thing for "Clarkes"..sometimes with , sometimes without the e…. but more importantly he is a 189 ish running defender type with a polished kick who did a low 6 in the 2 K …. seems very Geelong to me.

and intercepting tall defender who has shown he stands up in big games…described as the best for WA against VicC and played well in a GF win this year.

If we ended up with either I doubt many would whinge...

A couple of the names you have hinted at seem to fit our type…. For a start we seem to have a thing for "Clarkes"..sometimes with , sometimes without the e…. but more importantly he is a 189 ish running defender type with a polished kick who did a low 6 in the 2 K …. seems very Geelong to me.

and intercepting tall defender who has shown he stands up in big games…described as the best for WA against VicC and played well in a GF win this year.

If we ended up with either I doubt many would whinge...

I like both these guys. Gus looks like he could play wing if he has the running capacity

Am I getting the maths right here? Average age for next year possibly 24.5-24.7ish?

I've added draftees and rookies born on average in July and being drafted in their draft age (ie. no mature agers). I don't know Cillian Burke's DOB but he was in an u20s side this year so I'll assume 20 born July. I've added draftees for all list spots.

Makes our average age like 8th to 9th in the league. Around the age of the saints and Gold Coast this year.

Am I getting the maths right here? Average age for next year possibly 24.5-24.7ish?

I've added draftees and rookies born on average in July and being drafted in their draft age (ie. no mature agers). I don't know Cillian Burke's DOB but he was in an u20s side this year so I'll assume 20 born July. I've added draftees for all list spots.

Makes our average age like 8th to 9th in the league. Around the age of the saints and Gold Coast this year.

And yet we'll still get "Huuurrr Durrr Geelong OLD"

Even though that joke is about to be about 3 years out of date :unamused:

I like both these guys. Gus looks like he could play wing if he has the running capacity

I think if you can run ..it opens up a range of roles.. there is another WA guy who I dont mind either. Davis…. another one that could probably fit a few roles...

It's that type of draft where so kids that will be available late look enticing… probably why so many half decent guys have been delisted.

We all know the way it goes… its no use getting too attached to this one or that one … as you can only pick who is available…. and on top of that .. its not like we have input ...

I will say though that clubs do get attached to players sometimes so they can call player earlier ...

and If I was someone in SA who had just lost a good kicking player… maybe I have hard look at AugC. I think Port have three picks before ours?

Last edited:

I think Bourke is 21 ish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of players could go anywhere in 20 to 50. … As I have said before I like him ..would suit some of our future needs but he probably suits a few clubs..
Love his contested marking and strong leading patterns. Seems to also have good speed and agility for a forward. Has shown an ability at his best to really cause havoc infront of goals but also get up the field as needed.

Really like the look of him probably more than Whitlock or the armstrong who I think is a bit overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back