List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. For all you nuffies who wanted a bargain as if this was a Saturday morning garage sale, I think I'd prefer this than getting to 2.01pm and going "so who did we bring into our midfield? No-one? Typical."
It's exactly what would have happened if this trade didn't happen, would have been melts regardless. Have people forgot we just played off in a GF, have all our best players in their prime, have 2 first round picks next year, have an upgraded 2nd round pick next year, and most likely pick 12 or 19 for Charlie to use in this year's draft?

Then only thing i can think of is that we believe 22 or so next year is as good as 16 this year.

So it's 10 and a 2018/ 2nd for Gibbs - which is overs but no a disaster....close mind you!

Got reamed. Not happy with the trade, but at least it got done. No point dwelling

Time will tell now. Also if CC stays we don't pick until the Wigg pick? Looks like we shouldn't be expecting any decent rookies this year. I'd imagine Pick 77 would be for Jackson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mean this respectfully as I like the crows - but wtf?!

That's the sort of shitty deal we pulled in the Laidley years. Hell I'm sure we're still capable of it.

Hope you cash in bigtime with Gibbs because that's a huge price to pay for a player whose club wanted out.

Bloody Carlton now hold 3 first rounders too... dudes...'

Anyway commiserations, for your sake hopefully you can bump these this thread in the next couple of years when it pays off (no troll).

What this tells me is that we don't rate this draft too highly and are wanting to load up in next years instead. Thinking we are unlikely to take more than 2 live picks this year after this and 1 will probably be Edwards.

We now have two 1st rounders, a likely high second and high third rounder plus Melbournes 4th next year.

Probably 4 picks in the top 40 in a reportedly very strong draft. It's a calculated risk.

This is what we stuffed up with.

Carlton has a player who is homesick and wants to come home. Carlton stands firm.

Essendon has a player who is homesick and wants to come home. Essendon stands firm.

We have Lever who is "homesick" and wants to come home. So we work hard to get him home.

And Cameron ...
We got a very good deal for Lever, we got a not so good deal here.

We've loaded up on 2018 picks for a strong draft whilst going all in next year.

The issue is and always has been, Gibbs was happy to stay so the deal had to be great.

Putting aside whether or not you think paying two firsts is good or bad - as a negotiation strategy what you can't do is say you're not going to pay that money one year and then pay it the next year. Be consistent.
Well yeah, that's a simplistic point of view, if you ignore how much changed in 2017 and we played off in a GF. They are clearly building themselves for the 2018 draft, which when you're contending is a perfectly reasonable way to go.

**** it, all in

Need to win the premiership next year IMO, otherwise rebuild coming right up

Cameron for 12 must be in the pipeline, now

This is what we stuffed up with.

Carlton has a player who is homesick and wants to come home. Carlton stands firm.

Essendon has a player who is homesick and wants to come home. Essendon stands firm.

We have Lever who is "homesick" and wants to come home. So we work hard to get him home.

And Cameron ...

Lever wasn't contracted.

That's the difference. Compare it to the Cameron trade. And see how we are standing firm on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back