List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The famous Trade Shouter saying that We have agreed to pick 12 for Cameron. Carlton now want
Wayne Carey all over again. Rinse repeat.

No way. We gave up pick 6 for Carey. Who hadnt played for a year and shoulders were shot. Gibbs is a gun right now. Only 28. Same age as Eddie when we got him. Shoudl have him for 4 years

So most likely it looks something like this;

ADE
OUT: Pick 10 (2017), Pick 16 (2017), Pick 30-35 (2018)
IN: Gibbs, Pick 20-25 (2018), Pick 36-40 (2018)

The 4th round picks mean nothing.

So effectively, ONE first round pick, ONE down grade of 4-9 picks (but in a stronger draft so effectively equal i.e. pick 16 2017 = pick 20-25 2018) and one down grade of 1- 5 picks (again stronger draft so actually an upgrade i.e. Pick 36-40 2018 > Pick 30-35 2017).

On the overall basis we are in fact giving up one first round pick. The rest of the deal balances out nicely.

Actually a pretty good deal.
It's a little more than I hoped for but no one will remember the rest of the trade. It will be 2 firsts. New board meme coming.

Yep.

I don't mind us going all in. But if we were going to we should have done it last year. All we did was cost ourselves one year of a good player.
Also shows they really didn’t believe in organic growth last year and were surprised, otherwise they would have gone all out in 2017.

We’re all in on 2018 draft

We rolled over our end of first round 2017 pick for a 2018 equivalent

We’re betting big on next years draft

If positions stay same we’ll have 10,17,22,38 in 2018 draft
Package them up you reckon?

We’re all in on 2018 draft

We rolled over our end of first round 2017 pick for a 2018 equivalent

We’re betting big on next years draft

If positions stay same we’ll have 10,17,22,38 in 2018 draft

Watched Rankine highlights and we have to pay whatever it costs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So effectively, ONE first round pick, ONE down grade of 4-9 picks (but in a stronger draft so effectively equal i.e. pick 16 2017 = pick 20-25 2018) and one down grade of 1- 5 picks (again stronger draft so actually an upgrade i.e. Pick 36-40 2018 > Pick 30-35 2017).

On the overall basis we are in fact giving up one first round pick. The rest of the deal balances out nicely.

Actually a pretty good deal.
you should be a politician

2016 AFL draft pick 10 jack Bowes pick 16 Todd Marshall. If this year's draft is as garbage as it's supposed to be then these picks do nothing for us for years. I'm happy the afc is being aggressive and trying to maximise this window. No use being somewhere in the middle. It's either top up or mini rebuild. Top up it is + grab an elite SA talent in next year's draft. Starting to have more faith in Reid

Why didn’t we just do it last year when potentially we would’ve been giving up less and getting him a year earlier. Stupid decision.

Premiership or bust.

Gibbs would want to play bloody well or will become a whipping boy pretty quick.

It's easier to do a deal like this when you have muxh more currency. Also timing plays apart seeing we may rate that 2018 draft highly.

Still a shit price mind you and my only hope with it is we have a deal in place elsewhere that makes up for it.

Also shows they really didn’t believe in organic growth last year and were surprised, otherwise they would have gone all out in 2017.
For someone so critical of the club never making bold decisions, your stance on this is very surprising.

10, 16, 35, 73

For

Gibbs, 22, 38,77

It’s really 10 + slight down grade on 2017 first to 2018 second. If draft quality is to be believed 22 in 2018 worth more than 16 in 2017

In effect pick 10 for Gibbs straight up or maybe even a bit less than 10

That's not so bad.

Where's Kane Cornes. May use the "call the police" tweet again. We've been robbed. Gibbs will be good but we've essentially traded Lever for a 29yo.
Nope, we have a 2018 first parked for next year.So that's 3 picks inside the top 30 in the superdraft.
Also, the deal is basically pick 10, with a shuffle on the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back