Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

The first question I asked them was, 'Why should you get the honour of playing for North Melbourne?,' '' Scott said.

''And if that answer isn't, 'I desperately want to be here, I desperately want to be part of what North Melbourne is about and what they're going to create,' if that doesn't satisfy me, we cross them off the list.

The ONLY draftees that are going to say that, are kids who grew up as North fans. That's not having a go at North, you could substitute any team in there.

These kids want to play AFL. Some of there might have preferred clubs (ie, in Vic/WA/QLD/SA/Wherever) But for the head coach to say we cross them off the list if they don't fall over themselves to play for a club referred to as a basket case, then North is in all sorts of trouble when draft day turns up and they say "Pass" when they get to their first round draft pick or they pick a kid at 5 who was be a solid pick 63.

Stupidity. Sheer Stupidity.

And why would they? lol..As a player he had the same morals. He left one club to play for another. What does that say about his character.. No doubt he will suck the faithful in.

I guess it's a bit of puffery for the Troo Believers. If not, they need to put more work into their interview questions.
Maybe Scott could have gone with something like: "Ask not what North Melbourne can do for you but what you can do for North Melbourne" or "We'll decide who comes to North Melbourne and the cricumstances in which they come".

Re: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Now now GALON, dont throw stones.......

One could draw the same bow from a Campbell Brown throwing idle threats on a radio station against a player he had just spent almost an hour on the ground with, after watching him knock his mate into another dimension.

Cringeworthy you say?

One could, but it would be a really long one

Now now GALON, dont throw stones.......

One could draw the same bow from a Campbell Brown throwing idle threats on a radio station against a player he had just spent almost an hour on the ground with, after watching him knock his mate into another dimension.

Cringeworthy you say?
Yeah, I say cringeworthy. Here is a bloke who left Hawthorn for another club now beating his chest and bleating about a player who has chosen to leave.
A tad hypocritical, don't you think? Or did he harbour the same feelings towards himself?

But the thing is he actually just used the Gibson departure as a vehicle to peddle his 'you're with us or against' propaganda that he obviously knew the Roo faithful would lap up. TO then say he's carrying this same philosophy with him at draft camp is a joke. Surely. Imagine if he had of interviewed Rioli? Chances are he left draft camp with more crosses than ticks.

Campbell Brown is a separate issue. He is Hawthorn through and through, and for all the fools who keep bringing up that he spent the second half on the ground and not squaring up they fail to realise that he might be hot-headed and passionate, but he's not a complete idiot.
He squared up with Lloyd in 2006, in the same game that Lloyd threw a cheap one at him behind play and the whiny diver squealled to the umps. Campbell then sat out 4 weeks. Lesson learned. A cheapy from behind the microphone was a much safer bet of not getting weeks.

Campbell Brown is a separate issue. He is Hawthorn through and through, and for all the fools who keep bringing up that he spent the second half on the ground and not squaring up they fail to realise that he might be hot-headed and passionate, but he's not a complete idiot.
He squared up with Lloyd in 2006, in the same game that Lloyd threw a cheap one at him behind play and the whiny diver squealled to the umps. Campbell then sat out 4 weeks. Lesson learned. A cheapy from behind the microphone was a much safer bet of not getting weeks.

Exactly...... brilliant Scabman, It was very amusing watching Lloyd in the fetal position covering his face when Browny decided to have a red hot go at him.

Exactly...... brilliant Scabman, It was very amusing watching Lloyd in the fetal position covering his face when Browny decided to have a red hot go at him.
It certainly made me get to my feet and cheer!

Yeah, I say cringeworthy. Here is a bloke who left Hawthorn for another club now beating his chest and bleating about a player who has chosen to leave.
A tad hypocritical, don't you think? Or did he harbour the same feelings towards himself?

But the thing is he actually just used the Gibson departure as a vehicle to peddle his 'you're with us or against' propaganda that he obviously knew the Roo faithful would lap up. TO then say he's carrying this same philosophy with him at draft camp is a joke. Surely. Imagine if he had of interviewed Rioli? Chances are he left draft camp with more crosses than ticks.

Soft GALON.

It's not a seperate issue at all.

Scott may be a hypocrite, but Campbell Brown certainly is too.

You can bleat about him playing the "smart card" all you like, but the fact of the matter is, if Campbell is half as tough as he thinks he is, then Lloyd should of been on the recieving end of it on the ground..........

Not in his car driving home........ :eek:

Soft GALON.

You can bleat about him playing the "smart card" all you like, but the fact of the matter is, if Campbell is half as tough as he thinks he is, then Lloyd should of been on the recieving end of it on the ground..........

Not soft at all.

What you're now saying is that Brown should've been stupid enough to get himself reported.
Brown doesn't need to prove how tough he is. We've all seen him run full steam at goalposts to save a goal, dive backwards for marks into oncoming players, bust his shoulder while standing front of a leading forward and get up and take another hit just to name a few instances.

Nice to see you admit that Scott is a hypocrite. By the way, that's 'Coach Hypocrite' to you. ;)

And why would they? lol..As a player he had the same morals. He left one club to play for another. What does that say about his character.. No doubt he will suck the faithful in.

Maybe he asked to be traded and did it like a man, instead of the weak dog act preformed by Gibson?

Didn't even have the balls to tell his teamates face to face and chose to use the media to push his agenda, instead of talking to the football club first. Not sure how Brad Scott handled his situation, but all Gibson did was show how much of a self centred prick he is.

Welll looks like we will get what we asked for in a trade anyway. It's a pity I was really hoping the Pelican would try and screw us so we could send this dog to the PSD.

By the way I hope Alistair has a spare box of tissues in his office, because Gibbo came to Laidley early in the season crying his eyes out because he coudn't get a kick. Gee I hope ther is no mental issues there, wouldn't that be ironic?

Happy with your own work there Roosurgence? Posted the same crap on your board without a laugh thought you might try it over here? I'd be more worried why a player who finishes 5th in your B+F walks out than hoping he has a mental illness for the sake of irony. He's gone, move on like your coach and captain have. Loser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he asked to be traded and did it like a man, instead of the weak dog act preformed by Gibson?

Didn't even have the balls to tell his teamates face to face and chose to use the media to push his agenda, instead of talking to the football club first. Not sure how Brad Scott handled his situation, but all Gibson did was show how much of a self centred prick he is.

Welll looks like we will get what we asked for in a trade anyway. It's a pity I was really hoping the Pelican would try and screw us so we could send this dog to the PSD.

By the way I hope Alistair has a spare box of tissues in his office, because Gibbo came to Laidley early in the season crying his eyes out because he coudn't get a kick. Gee I hope ther is no mental issues there, wouldn't that be ironic?
Red card say's it all....PISS OFF YOU PR2#$5..:mad:

The issue is not Gibbo wanting to leave per se, its the way he did it.

Come on, getting his manager to do it while he's in LA. Who does he think he is, Kobe Bryant?

We took Gibson from nowhere, developed and then he'd treated us like idiots.

How would you react if a guy like Brad Sewell who you did similar with treated you in a similar fashion? You'd be ropable.

Gibbo could at least front up to the club and do it like a man.

When guys like Peter Bell and Byron Pickett wanted to go, there was no ill feeling at North and the deals got done leaving all parties happy.

As regards Brad Scott leaving you guys, I don't know the ins and outs of the deal but it seems to me that wanting to go and play with your identical twin with whom you have a rock solid bond after your father died when you were young may just have some more moral and emotional weight than Gibbos reasons.

My understanding is the deal has been done and Hawthorn and North are both happy. If the deal is what I'm told, then its a win/win and Hawthorn have done the right thing.

Gibbo though IMO, has treated the North Melbourne Football Club with great disrespect and it will not be forgotten.

Soft GALON.

Do you know what a hypocrite is ?

The issue is not Gibbo wanting to leave per se, its the way he did it.

Come on, getting his manager to do it while he's in LA. Who does he think he is, Kobe Bryant?

We took Gibson from nowhere, developed and then he'd treated us like idiots.

How would you react if a guy like Brad Sewell who you did similar with treated you in a similar fashion? You'd be ropable.

Gibbo could at least front up to the club and do it like a man.

When guys like Peter Bell and Byron Pickett wanted to go, there was no ill feeling at North and the deals got done leaving all parties happy.

As regards Brad Scott leaving you guys, I don't know the ins and outs of the deal but it seems to me that wanting to go and play with your identical twin with whom you have a rock solid bond after your father died when you were young may just have some more moral and emotional weight than Gibbos reasons.

My understanding is the deal has been done and Hawthorn and North are both happy. If the deal is what I'm told, then its a win/win and Hawthorn have done the right thing.

Gibbo though IMO, has treated the North Melbourne Football Club with great disrespect and it will not be forgotten.

From what I hear it's becoming pretty standard to let managers do the bulk of the fine print negotiation whilst the player goes over seas. The player then returns after having time to mull through all options and says "yep, let's do this". SO I don't know if the LA thing is such a crucifiable event.

I think Scott is being a bit petulant over the whole thing. I mean, how long has he been around the club? Gibson had his mind made up and obviously the brave new world hard sell wasn't enough - why be so juvenile about it? I can understand Laidley coming out and saying "we've done everything for the guy, I've stuck by him through thick and thin and helped develop into the player he is today and now he walks out, just like that" but for Scott to do it? I think he's trying a bit too hard to make an impression. It's like the old "is that a ladder in your stockings" pickup line. But apparently some girls still fall for that.

Using the Sewell example to add perspective is good. I just can't see it happening. Maybe that makes it an even better analogy?

But for those of us (like me) that aren't up to all the ins and outs of the situation - what is it about the way that Gibbo has requested to leave has been so damn offensive?

But for those of us (like me) that aren't up to all the ins and outs of the situation - what is it about the way that Gibbo has requested to leave has been so damn offensive?

He was out of the country, the first most of us heard about it was in the media (I wouldn't be too surprised if that's how the club found out too, as part of a strategy to bounce us into doing what he wanted) and the fact, let's be honest here, its you guys he nominated.

My own clearest indication of how low the way he's handled this has been has been the reaction of the playing group. They are apparentley raging with him and were the driving force in having banned from the B+F and took their own decision to tell him he wasn't welcome on the end of season trip.

That illustrative - players are realistic and know that blokes leave teams for a variety of reasons, up to and including money. That's why there loads of examples where players remain mates with guys who got to other teams. Jeez, the North blokes couldn't wait to get over to Peter bell and shake his hand and have a chat whenever we played Freo - I'm sure there are similar at Hawthorn.

For them to turn on him like this indicates how badly he's handled it.

There could have been a reason Gibson handled it the way he did i.e certain people at your club he didn't get along with.

We won't know, however, I understand you point of view. He should have handled it slighly better.

What do you think the deal is (25 + 41)?

There could have been a reason Gibson handled it the way he did i.e certain people at your club he didn't get along with.

We won't know, however, I understand you point of view. He should have handled it slighly better.

What do you think the deal is (25 + 41)?

I'm sworn to secrey but that's the vast majority of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back