Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

He was out of the country, the first most of us heard about it was in the media (I wouldn't be too surprised if that's how the club found out too, as part of a strategy to bounce us into doing what he wanted) and the fact, let's be honest here, its you guys he nominated.

My own clearest indication of how low the way he's handled this has been has been the reaction of the playing group. They are apparentley raging with him and were the driving force in having banned from the B+F and took their own decision to tell him he wasn't welcome on the end of season trip.

That illustrative - players are realistic and know that blokes leave teams for a variety of reasons, up to and including money. That's why there loads of examples where players remain mates with guys who got to other teams. Jeez, the North blokes couldn't wait to get over to Peter bell and shake his hand and have a chat whenever we played Freo - I'm sure there are similar at Hawthorn.

For them to turn on him like this indicates how badly he's handled it.

How do you expect to hear about it? Do you want Gibbo to call you all personally?

He was out of the country, the first most of us heard about it was in the media (I wouldn't be too surprised if that's how the club found out too, as part of a strategy to bounce us into doing what he wanted) and the fact, let's be honest here, its you guys he nominated.

My own clearest indication of how low the way he's handled this has been has been the reaction of the playing group. They are apparentley raging with him and were the driving force in having banned from the B+F and took their own decision to tell him he wasn't welcome on the end of season trip.

That illustrative - players are realistic and know that blokes leave teams for a variety of reasons, up to and including money. That's why there loads of examples where players remain mates with guys who got to other teams. Jeez, the North blokes couldn't wait to get over to Peter bell and shake his hand and have a chat whenever we played Freo - I'm sure there are similar at Hawthorn.

For them to turn on him like this indicates how badly he's handled it.

I can understand that but it works both ways....what about when Laidley announced that McIntosh was up for trade whilst he was overseas???.....I guess people make mistakes

Hawthorn: Pick 25 & 41
Kangaroos: Josh Gibson & Pick 53

Lock it in Eddie.

I just don't understand why we'd pay more than pick 25.

If he was an inch + taller and 5 kgs more I'd say fair enough, but there's a big risk he may not end up being our key defensive saviour and we'll have given a lot away for Gilham Mark II.

Stares at contestant - are you sure you want to lock that exact answer in?

I just don't understand why we'd pay more than pick 25.

If he was an inch + taller and 5 kgs more I'd say fair enough, but there's a big risk he may not end up being our key defensive saviour and we'll have given a lot away for Gilham Mark II.
I highly doubt we would use pick 41 in a weak draft anyway. Can see 3 rookies being elevated this year in lieu of drafting.

Moss, Milne, Savage and maybe Walsh (depending on his foot)

More to save face for North so they can say they got more for Gibbo.

I highly doubt we would use pick 41 in a weak draft anyway. Can see 3 rookies being elevated this year in lieu of drafting.

Moss, Milne, Savage and maybe Walsh (depending on his foot)

More to save face for North so they can say they got more for Gibbo.

are you crazy??

pick 41 is our 3rd round pick so of course we will use it!!! when have we ever passed on a pick in the third round?? this draft is not weak and it is the last uncompromised so we will definitely use our 3rd round pick.

Back on the thread...

What happened to all the Kangaroo talk about Pick 9 or PSD for Gibson
(lot of water under the bridge since then...lol)...cough...Burgoyne...cough

Now their happy for Pick 25 (plus maybe another late pic k!?) :rolleyes:

Re: Gibson's ready to move..

Gibson over rated and plays his best footy against us,not worth what we gave up,should have been a 3rd round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back