Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Gibson's ready to move..

Important point. Despite some of the stupid things he does, he does have alot of raw talent that really needs some astute coaching to ensure this talent and potential is harnessed optimally.

In my opinion, Renouf's a very exciting talent.

Re coaching: just look at how Taylor, and to a lesser extent Campbell because he played up back more, de-evolved before our eyes compared to 2007/08.

(Please Simon Nesbit repost your excellent ruck analysis.)

It's convenient to forget that Taylor in 2007 was in the top ruckmen for hitouts to advantage.

Add that to Boyle+Dew out, and Burgoyne+Gibson in, that's three more we have to get rid of

Well we won't be getting Burgoyne and Gibson anyway without committing at least 3 players/picks to the deal...

I would involve 9, 25 and a player(McGlynn/Tuck) to get Burgoyne & Gibson.

If we were to sneak Jolly we would have to involve Kennedy/Williams/Thorp a combination of those three.

JWS maybe for a cheap price, however, I cant see why he would leave North they have been nothing but good to him through injury seasons.

There is no link to HS article by Hutchy. This is what he has stated in the paper today;

Josh Gibson's move to Hawthorn is a step closer after a four day campaign by the Roos to keep him has seemingly failed. The disgruntled Roo defender was unusually coy about his future on Thursday night during C9 Footy Show festivities. Gibson met the Roos who pushed him to reconsider his position but a meeting on Friday the Roos indicated to the Hawks they would negotiate a deal after all.
He and his Manager Shane Casley declined to comment.
The request from Shaun Burgoyne to join Hawthorn also made any deal slightly harder to navigate for the Hawks.
Meantime talented NM youngster Jesse Smith is yet to sign a new deal with the Roos and is weighing up his future at Arden St. It is understood the 22 yr old is unsure if he wants to remain a NM player. He has long considered Hawthorn an alternative home.

Another article on the page states that Jeff Kennet has Quit the booze..
"I've given up the drink" he says.. Well done JK..

I realise you don't want media articles printed in full, with links only to the page, but there is no link to this one. If you wish you can delete it, if it contravenes your rules..

Following on from the comment regarding Jolly as a potential trade option, what would be we have to give up.

It seems Pick 9 (or Pick 9 plus speculation) is dedicated to Burgoyne.

Pick 25 (or Pick 25 plus speculation) is needed to get Gibson.

It seems we don't have much left unless we start moving guys that we as
supporters are attached to and would hate to move (specifically our Premiership players + Kennedy / Dowler, etc).

In an ideal world we cover all our targeted needs: Ruck / KPD / quick, silky midfielder, without having to move any of our top 25 players.

In reality this may not be the case, I would like to get all three but if I had to take two out of three based on our flaws I would grab Gibson & Jolly.

So back to the original question - what would we have to give up to get Jolly?

depends what we get for Mark Williams......apparently there have been discussions with Essendon. Therefore I could see:

Williams to Essendon
Lovett to Sydney
Jolly to Hawthorn

SOLD! Think Essendon may not be happy however..

You'd want to examine the Sydney Recruiting Manager for signs of torture and physical duress too. Because that's the only way I could see that deal going through.

After allowing the Roo's time and space...it appears as though the hawks will land Gibbo.The Roo's had 3 days to try and convience Gibson that his future was still at Arden St...but its was to no avail...The Roo's have now told Hawthorn the will do a deal...GREAT NEWS.......:thumbsu:
NOW THE BIG NEWS.............in a further development...Jesse Smith is weighing up his future and is believed to be very much keen to join Gibson at the hawks...:eek:
Thoughts on Jessie please...

i want GIBBO, if we get Smith as well then thats just gravy

You'd want to examine the Sydney Recruiting Manager for signs of torture and physical duress too. Because that's the only way I could see that deal going through.

Of course we could throw in a fringe player for a swap of later round draft pick to sweeten the deal!!

We should probably take it as a compliment that players want to come to Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depends what we get for Mark Williams......apparently there have been discussions with Essendon. Therefore I could see:

Williams to Essendon
Lovett to Sydney
Jolly to Hawthorn

No complaints here.

Not sure why we would chase Smith when he has significant injury concerns. We have too many guys on our list already that have injury question marks.

I posted this in another thread, but... if for some reason the Gibson deal falls through, do you think the Hawks would be likely to try and land Tarrant + Drum with out 2nd round pick and a fringe player?

No complaints here.

Not sure why we would chase Smith when he has significant injury concerns. We have too many guys on our list already that have injury question marks.

Not only does he have serious injury problems, but he is surplus to requirements. The last thing we need on the list is another rebounding defender, we have oodles of them.

So we get nothing?
I don't think we would agree to that.

No offense, but NM has agreed to some pretty crazy shit in the past. How would this be any different.

seriously is there any player who hasnt been linked 2 hawthorn during trade week?

Yeah, I'd be happy with just Burgoyne and Gibson in the wash up. We all need to remember that alot of player managers drop a few hints here and there to make clubs think that there particular player is thinking of a move just to simply put pressure back on there club for more money and a longer contract. Believe about 5% of what you read about player moves as history shows not many quality trades get done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson to Hawthorn Thread: Gibson will be traded: Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back