Gillon McLachlan's meeting with the Lions and the end of Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one to crucify a bloke over one mistake but Trigg going to Carlton would be epic for the cheating Carlton lulz.

It's that particular skill that is the reason they are chasing him. They like the cut of his jib as it were.

No doubt that he will be getting a nice bonus from the AFL on top of his salary to come to us. He does not strike me as the kind of guy to stay on as a 10 year CEO. Could be an easy little cash making venture for him, as well as increasing his rep if the club gets turned around.

No doubt that he will be getting a nice bonus from the AFL on top of his salary to come to us. He does not strike me as the kind of guy to stay on as a 10 year CEO. Could be an easy little cash making venture for him, as well as increasing his rep if the club gets turned around.
I don't think it would be easy anything turning around the clubs fortunes. It's a big ask and if he does it and moves on quickly, then you still have to be grateful.

RichardGriffiths.jpg

"The Brisbane whom?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that the first we hear of it is via "sources at The Lions" telling a Gold Coast Bulletin reporter.o_O

Could be a strategic leak by the Lions to a gullible journo to give Swann a sense of urgency.

I thought Swann was OS on hols at the moment so how people are saying "we believe this is happening" just makes me laugh. Seems like media trying to keep public interest in this topic up. Has Griffith's quit yet for a holiday too? That Gold Coast bulletin article concluded the same way as Greg Davis article earlier with"clouded Greg Swann's tilt at the Brisbane posting."

Could be a strategic leak by the Lions to a gullible journo to give Swann a sense of urgency.
Actually I was just wondering if it might be a strategic leak to rattle the cage at GC. (Dunno why), but The Bulletin??? Just seems odd to me.
Hammo or Davis would surely be first to know locally, and even more likely that we'd hear out of Melbourne first.

Actually I was just wondering if it might be a strategic leak to rattle the cage at GC. (Dunno why), but The Bulletin??? Just seems odd to me.
Hammo or Davis would surely be first to know locally, and even more likely that we'd hear out of Melbourne first.

I guess if you are going to take a journo for a ride for strategic reasons, it wouldn't be wise to burn your hometown journos.

I'm just spitballing though.

I guess if you are going to take a journo for a ride for strategic reasons, it wouldn't be wise to burn your hometown journos.

I'm just spitballing though.
Just tweeted Greg Davis for his response. Don't expect anything, but you never no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back