Gillon McLachlan's meeting with the Lions and the end of Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trigg isn't my preferred candidate but he would be far from the bottom of the list.

Always amazed the way BigFooty typecasts people and seems to completely discount that they could possibly learn from mistakes.

We saw the same thing with Voss after 2009. One troubled trade period and some people wanted us to never trade again.

Sorry TBD chalk and cheese not comparable IMO.

Trigg went to deliberate attempts to break rules and deceive the AFL in order to retain Tippett.

IIRC, I thought it was pretty well recorded that Trigg wasn't originally aware that the Tippett arrangement was against the rules and it was only after he became aware of the breach that they tried to cover it all up.

Still negligent and simply a terrible stuff-up but I think you might have oversold his original intent.

No No - my understanding is that the AFL want him in the job, whether we have technically offered him the job - I can't say for sure, but he is considering whether he takes it - that is my understanding.

Your license to use the phrase "Over The Line" has been suspended indefinitely.

IIRC, I thought it was pretty well recorded that Trigg wasn't originally aware that the Tippett arrangement was against the rules and it was only after he became aware of the breach that they tried to cover it all up.

Still negligent and simply a terrible stuff-up but I think you might have oversold his original intent.

stuff up? - OK
cover up? - Not OK

stuff up? - OK
cover up? - Not OK

Personally don't think that either of them are "okay". I just questioned the way you said he deliberately set out to cheat and deceive. I don't think it is that black and white.

Personally don't think that either of them are "okay". I just questioned the way you said he deliberately set out to cheat and deceive. I don't think it is that black and white.

IMO a cover up makes you more culpable - he had the chance to come clean - but what did he do?

I don't want him or anyone of his ilk anywhere near the place.

Wouldn't pretend to know anything about Trigg, Swann etc but I find it difficult to believe that any CEO or club would condone salary cap cheating.

Heaven's above, this must be a joke. That would never happen- like it never happened at Carlton over a 10 year period, or more latterly with Judd. Just couldn't be.

I mean Eddie wouldn't have been serious some years ago when he offered JB a long contract @ $1.5 big ones pa, would he?

Ok, a certain amount declared under the cap, the rest for "media" work which sounds fair to all concerned- doesn't it?

Mind you, if the paperwork is late, well then the AFL gets serious. Real serious.

If it is the case that anyone actually believes that Sydney can afford Buddy and Tippett under the same salary cap then they are kidding, COLA notwithstanding. Something weird is going on there. Or they are paying everyone else $100k. Maybe some car company is paying Buddy to demonstrate the crash capabilities of various models. Or Woman's Day is paying him to wheel out the latest model. Maybe.

Not possible. Doesn't add up.

If Trigg or anyone else can bring an element of this same weirdness to the Lions then go for it I say. Not that we can afford to diddle the till, so it's a moot point I guess.

If anyone actually thinks the salary caps are being adhered to, line and verse, they are seriously deluded. For a start, the rules would never stack up in a court of law. Just like the draft rules wouldn't if they were challenged. They are in reality "gentlemans' agreements". Minus the gentlemen.

Excuse my cynicism.

Not sure why, but I read your header in the same tone as I would the below book:

Spot-Goes-to-the-Park-Color-Hill-Eric-9780142501245.jpg

Probably just as realistic as a Hammo article too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has said the entire time he wanted a trip away and would look around when he got back. Probably weighing up his options while on holiday.

Did he go to a sunny beach location? Something that he might say, hey this weather is ok, Brisbane is looking like a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back