Gillon McLachlan's meeting with the Lions and the end of Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm all in on the Swann OTL mail and I remain firm - but if worlds collide and Trigg ends up with the job that will be it for me.

'It' as in no longer trusting your sources of information/sharing them on here or 'It' as in no longer supporting the Lions or .... ?

Looking beyond Tippettgate which will stain him for life, Trigg probably has a lot of skills and experience that would be beneficial.

That said, it would be a decision by the club that would once again show no regard for us Bigfooty infantry men and women battling trolls daily on the electronic front line!

Hopefully he is a spot or two down on the order of merit.

Dyl
IMO, Trigg looks like he is cut from the same cloth as Bowers, Johnson etc., just smarmy, self entitled, arrogant tossbags of the highest order.

Do NOT want!

You have just described Sharpless's dream candidate - I hope the mention of Trigg's name means Michael Conlan's chances of getting the gig aren't over? Maybe Conlan is too nice a guy for Sharpless

Last edited:
Apart from Tippettgate (and I'm not discounting it), what have folks got against Trigg?

A lot of Crows fans seem to have it in for him on the back of the fallout from the saga (I think I'd likely feel that way in their shoes). However even after those events he's still got a lot of respect in the industry (and at AFL House), which is extraordinary.

Edit:

IMO, Trigg looks like he is cut from the same cloth as Bowers, Johnson etc., just smarmy, self entitled, arrogant tossbags of the highest order.

Do NOT want!
Not saying that's not the case, but that doesn't tally with what I've heard from folks who've dealt with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying that's not the case, but that doesn't tally with what I've heard from folks who've dealt with him.

And to be fair to Trigg, my comments were purely based off the manner he comes across on TV and his general attitude regarding the Tippet debacle.

That being said, he's still be one of the last people Id' want at the Lions primarily due to his own negligence and corporate governance issues whilst at the Crows, but also because I believe he would rub the Lions faithful the wrong way and on the back of Bowers and Holmes, we can't afford that.

I hope the lions board are seeing these messages since we are sending a lot of feedback their way. This just highlights how important the right choice is to the club, not only in financial and operational terms but in terms of membership. The fall out in terms of members next year could be large since our confidence in the board and particularly the chairman is so low, I don't think it could take another hit like the appointment of someone like Trigg as CEO.

Apart from Tippettgate (and I'm not discounting it), what have folks got against Trigg?

A lot of Crows fans seem to have it in for him on the back of the fallout from the saga (I think I'd likely feel that way in their shoes). However even after those events he's still got a lot of respect in the industry (and at AFL House), which is extraordinary.

Edit:

Fair point. I really wouldn't have too much against him aside from Tippettgate, he is pretty divisive amongst the Crows fans but there seems to be as much love as hate. This is a step up from our situation where the gamut of emotions of the board run from hate to indifference. And the fact that he can still garner as much respect as he does within the industry after an incident like Tippettgate is a testament to how highly he must be rated. Nevertheless, it's a big, black mark and a recent one and it makes me apprehensive. After our recent years I really want a CEO I can get behind and either love or just confidently forget about. Not sure we get that with Trigg.

Fair point. I really wouldn't have too much against him aside from Tippettgate, he is pretty divisive amongst the Crows fans but there seems to be as much love as hate. This is a step up from our situation where the gamut of emotions of the board run from hate to indifference. And the fact that he can still garner as much respect as he does within the industry after an incident like Tippettgate is a testament to how highly he must be rated. Nevertheless, it's a big, black mark and a recent one and it makes me apprehensive. After our recent years I really want a CEO I can get behind and either love or just confidently forget about. Not sure we get that with Trigg.

Trigg went to deliberate attempts to break rules and deceive the AFL in order to retain Tippett - simply put it defies belief that he was allowed to serve a suspension and not be sacked by either the Crows or the AFL - the contrast between how he was treated vs Matt Rendell is mind boggling. We don't need anyone with any salary cap convictions on our books as CEO.

Trigg went to deliberate attempts to break rules and deceive the AFL in order to retain Tippett - simply put it defies belief that he was allowed to serve a suspension and not be sacked by either the Crows or the AFL - the contrast between how he was treated vs Matt Rendell is mind boggling. We don't need anyone with any salary cap convictions on our books as CEO.
And yet AFL House still rates him. Go figure.

Western Royboy, are you saying that Swann definitely wants the Lions job, making it a Lions decision were he not to end up the CEO?

No No - my understanding is that the AFL want him in the job, whether we have technically offered him the job - I can't say for sure, but he is considering whether he takes it - that is my understanding.

Trigg isn't my preferred candidate but he would be far from the bottom of the list.

Always amazed the way BigFooty typecasts people and seems to completely discount that they could possibly learn from mistakes.

We saw the same thing with Voss after 2009. One troubled trade period and some people wanted us to never trade again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back