Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hauritz is a much better bowler than he was 2 years ago. Look at what he has done in last 12 months in all forms of the game, we are never going to get another shane warne but hauritz is doing everything asked of him. Bowls tight, takes a few wickets, can bat a bit and good in the field.

Cant drop mcgain on what he has done for the vics in first 2 games. Took 6-7 wickets in the first shield game i think.

Windies are poo, queensland pumped them and were not full strength, they would not beat SA either. George from SA a bowler to watch, will play for Australia in next couple of years.

No, no he won't. You can't be 200cm, bowl 125kmh and play Test or One Day Cricket, unless you live in Bangladesh.

No, no he won't. You can't be 200cm, bowl 125kmh and play Test or One Day Cricket, unless you live in Bangladesh.

Shaun Pollock made a bloody good career out of bowling 130km/h. And mcgrath didnt bowl much above that his last 3-5 years. Doest matter what pace they bowl if they land it on the right spot and do something with it.

Shaun Pollock made a bloody good career out of bowling 130km/h. And mcgrath didnt bowl much above that his last 3-5 years. Doest matter what pace they bowl if they land it on the right spot and do something with it.

Hence why Mike Hussey bowls so many overs in Test cricket in his long distinguished career as a medium pace bowler for Australia!! He bowls 125 outswingers.

It does not matter whether you're the most accurate bowler in the world if you cannot genuinely get the best players in the world out then you will not play for Australia. He cannot do that, Ricky Ponting and Co would make him look like an under age player.

Both Mcgrath and Pollock bowled at 140 at the start of there careers. Yes they slowed down to a fraction above 130, but even then they are bowling faster than 125!!! Mcgrath and Pollock got alot of wickets in there latter half of the career through a, there status b, there abilty to extract good bounce at a half decent pace and c, the ability to seam the ball enough to cause problems.

George is only 22 maybe...he bowls 125 max (which is slow at first class level). Doesn't have a single test wicket and bowls 20kmh an hour slower than the most accurate bowler in Australia (hilfenhaus). I cannot see him pushing any one out in the next three to five years as i rate these bowlers ahead of him as future prospects Siddle, Johnson, Hilfenhaus, Mckay, Bollinger, Hazelwood.

An example is Brett Dorey who has similar attributes to George is same height, faster and bowls out swingers but he will never play for Australia again. Because he was not good enough.

Sorry i am wrong, you are right. Shane warne bowled 90km/h and got 700 test wickets.

Your kidding arent you, Mike Hussey is a batsman last time i checked. Tait bowled 150 and was hopeless in test cricket, its not all about pace. If he picks up some pace in the academy then he could be danergous at that height with the bounce he could get. Better start to his career than bloody burt cockley and he nearly played for australia.

I know he didnt play much test cricket but Adam Dale was good in one dayers for a while at that pace. Bracken not much quicker. Bloody Kyle Mills has taken wickets against us at that pace.

what is all the news in sale maffra cricket, no comments for some time from the locals.
See that that player that moved clubs to bat up the order got amongst the runs, double figures i think, could open up for the aussies soon

what is all the news in sale maffra cricket, no comments for some time from the locals.
See that that player that moved clubs to bat up the order got amongst the runs, double figures i think, could open up for the aussies soon

As previously stated on this website 800,000,000 times, I am no good, so, don't hold your breath waiting for me to make some runs, cos, the chances are it won't happen any time soon, or maybe never again.

I noticed your name is Gone Past It, well, if we are talking cricket careers, my name would be Never Had it. I enjoy the way you write, "that player" instead of referring directly to me, as though you don't realise that I read this thread, rather hilarious. I'm not sure what would make you think a guy that is 55 kilos overweight, can't bat to save his life and has never played any standard of cricket higher than SMCA would be in line for the Test side, however, after your previous posts, it is clear you are obviously extremely intelligent, so, maybe you know something that I don't. I am a massive cricket fan, so, getting a call up to the Test squadron would allow me to see plenty of grounds I have never seen before and also move the discussions about my poor form from the Gippsland forum to the Test forum which I am sure would be a real buzz for my mum and nonna who are both avid Bigfooty fans.

Other news in local cricket. Sale was able to get a little foot up on the weekend by gaining outright points against Boisdale, whilst College opted (wisely I believe) to not pursue an outright win against Bundy, and Maffra falling agonisingly close to gaining outright points against RK. If by some chance Sale were able to gain outright points somwhere else down the line and none of the other sides did, it would effectively give them an extra win for the season, and help to make up for the poor start.

The main news in local cricket at the moment is the form of the Big Horse, Luke Klasen. After having a quiet couple of season with the ball, the Horse has really hit his straps this season and is taking wickets for fun at the moment. The sign of the true champion bowler/batsmen throughout this league and all sports is the ability to continually perform and this week is another challenge for Luke. After taking 19 wickets in the last 4 innings that he has bowled in, he is raring to go and keen to keep up the good form.

In other notable performances, Daniel Cameron, the Maffra keeper batsman, scored his first A grade 100 on the weekend. As far as I am aware, Cameron is 17 or 18 years of age, and it is a great effort to make an A grade 100 at any age, let alone at 17 or 18. Well done to him. The scorecard makes his effort all the more impressive with Maffra's well oiled batting machine stuttering along to 8 for 174, with Cameron getting 104 of these, great effort.

The College boys seem to have struck some form with the bat with Matt Foster, Matt Goodwin and Stuart Anderson all passing 50 in their big total of 280 against Bundy. After notable losses in the off season, they are still performing well, and other than one little slip up, have been unchallenged by their opposition this season.

I think the only thing that can be said for sure at this stage of the year is that there is definitely no clear cut premiership favourite, and not only that the side that will play off in the grand final are hard to pick. Where in the last 2 seasons, it was fairly obvious from Round 1 that Maffra would play College in the final, I wouldn't think it is the same case this year. Those sides plus Bundy are the favourites, however, there are other sides hovering around which would like to think they have a say in the make up of the finals series this year.

Thoughts anyone?

Sorry i am wrong, you are right. Shane warne bowled 90km/h and got 700 test wickets.

Your kidding arent you, Mike Hussey is a batsman last time i checked. Tait bowled 150 and was hopeless in test cricket, its not all about pace. If he picks up some pace in the academy then he could be danergous at that height with the bounce he could get. Better start to his career than bloody burt cockley and he nearly played for australia.

I know he didnt play much test cricket but Adam Dale was good in one dayers for a while at that pace. Bracken not much quicker. Bloody Kyle Mills has taken wickets against us at that pace.

The fact Shaun Tait was useless after four overs, unfit, lazy, a terrible fielder, couldn't bat and injury prone doesn't help.

Exactly what i am trying to say he bowls accurate 125 outswingers...so he should be bowling more according to you.

Have you ever faced a good leg spinner??? Shane Warne dipped the ball inwards before spinning it a foot, bowled flippers, sliders and had immaculate patience, unbelievable concentration and an incredible instinct ...totally different to bowling medium pace. Hence why he took 700 test wickets.

I agree your examples are correct of one day bowlers who have had success. Bracken bowls massive swingers as a left armer, then off cutters to finish which for most right handers are harder to hit. Kyle Mills does the same. Both do not play regular test cricket. (which really is what we all strive to be good at)

It is highly unlikely that George will pick up that extra 10kmh an hour to be a 135kmh bowler which really is the bare minimum in pace terms at test level.

The australian selectors pick blokes who are replacements purely on form, cockley had a good second half last year and bowled well in a one dayer against WA for memory. So he got his chance, at that present time he was the lucky bowler to be in form.

Adam Dale might as well have never played international cricket, 2 Tests and 30 ODIs, with a combined total of 38 wickets, are you serious? And, the comparison to Shane Warne, that is ridiculous. It's like comparing Andy Flower right handed batsman cos he played a good reverse sweep. Oh, and Kyle Mills regularly bowls in the 140s mate, do you actually watch cricket, or just comment on things you don't know a lot about?

Cockley had taken 5 one day wickets, 4 in his last game. George took 10 in the last shield game, so on that theory he should be close to a game. Ed Cowan made 200 opening, does that make him next opened picked, dont think so. 1 good match is not good form, the cockley decision was terrible.

Mike hussey does not bowl accurate outswingers, he bowls garbage. George is 200cm tall who gets bounce and movement and bowls accurate. I didnt say he would take 500 test wickets, just said i think he will play for Australia at some stage. Blokes that tall take time to develop there bodies so he might be able to pick up some pace.

Andrew Mcdonald played test cricket as a bowler and he is only that pace too. Chaminda Vass was slow too and had a very good career.

Clearly i have watched shane warne play cricket, it was a bit of a joke.

Adam Dale might as well have never played international cricket, 2 Tests and 30 ODIs, with a combined total of 38 wickets, are you serious? And, the comparison to Shane Warne, that is ridiculous. It's like comparing Andy Flower right handed batsman cos he played a good reverse sweep. Oh, and Kyle Mills regularly bowls in the 140s mate, do you actually watch cricket, or just comment on things you don't know a lot about?

It was a joke about warne you idiot, he said ya cant take wickets bowling 125. Adam Dale still played for Australia, i never said he would take 500 wickets! Adam dale economy rate 3.7, thats not bad.

Last series i watched NZ play Mills was around 125-130. One dayers. I watch enough cricket around the world to know whats going on.

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakvnz2009/engine/match/426722.html?innings=2;page=1;view=commentary

Read that commentary ya moron and tell me how fast mills was bowling?

Cockley had taken 5 one day wickets, 4 in his last game. George took 10 in the last shield game, so on that theory he should be close to a game. Ed Cowan made 200 opening, does that make him next opened picked, dont think so. 1 good match is not good form, the cockley decision was terrible.

Mike hussey does not bowl accurate outswingers, he bowls garbage. George is 200cm tall who gets bounce and movement and bowls accurate. I didnt say he would take 500 test wickets, just said i think he will play for Australia at some stage. Blokes that tall take time to develop there bodies so he might be able to pick up some pace.

Andrew Mcdonald played test cricket as a bowler and he is only that pace too. Chaminda Vass was slow too and had a very good career.

Clearly i have watched shane warne play cricket, it was a bit of a joke.

First, lets use Peter Siddle as an example played eight or ten first class matches with a wonderful record before being selected for his first test. The selectors saw something in him (good pace, got batsmen out) also probably his aggression and ability to want to bowl until he his dead, reality would say that he was not the best bowler in shield cricket. He now has 50 test wickets in nearly a year.

He was in red hot form and at that stage was showing signs/form of being a test bowler. Most bowlers are earmarked early for higher duties unless your form dictates selection ie Stuart Clark. Cockley is similar to Siddle, legitimately hits the bat hard and has had moderate success and with Siddle, Johnson and Lee missing. Then apart from Geeves (out of form) Harwood, Noffke (old, therefore no point in sending over too India) Nannes (selectors have said they won't pick him because he sprays it everywher) Tait (just getting over injury) probably fills that void of the "quick" that they wanted as back up.

Batting is totally different, you usually have to serve an apprenticeship unless you are an exceptional talent ie Hughes had a wonderful first year and a half, pretty much making the selectors pick him, then got dropped and is now finding his way around his game. Players are judged on there "second" coming. When they get dropped sort there game out and take there chance ie Langer, Hayden, Symonds, Katich, Mark and Steve Waugh. Ponting was the same exceptional talent. Played then got dropped, found out more about his game and is now the best player in the world. Therefore with batting you generally look at a batsmen over a number of years, that is why Ed Cowan won't get picked one score does not make you a player consistent form does.

Bowling is generally more about form. Statiscally more bowlers play less than five tests compared to batsmen. You play blokes in form who can take wickets, then suddenly they are out of form and can't take a wicket. Next thing you know they can't get a game at state level ie Lewis, Stuart, Cook, Muller etc.

Hussey does bowl garbage, thats my point!! But he is accurate and swings it!!

Andrew Mcdonald played test cricket as a hold up bowler who bowled length and cutters with ring fields, he also could "potentially" bat at six.

Vass plays in Sri Lanka, traditionally a batting or spin friendly area. Therefore too stay in the game for any length of time, he realised that there was no need to bowl fast. He hurried batsmen as a younger player though. He then developed a good out swinger, bowled off cutters then coupled this with his great patience made him a good bowler on there wickets and a better one away.

If Peter George has to revert to holding up an end or bowling cutters in Australian conditions then he won't even be playing state cricket in a couple of years, he will be a consistent state bowler in the mould of a magoffin, dorey etc. Once again unless he starts bowling it at 135 (which coincidentally these blokes do but don't play for australia) or above he won't play test or one day cricket for any length of time.

I understand how cricket works and why ppl get selected, you just crapped on for ages about nothing then.
Cockley decision was a disgrace, everyone knows that. 4 wickets in 1 game does not make a bowler.

Why didnt they send stuart clark over then, far better than cockley. Or even rimmington from QLD, he seems to do well. Magoffin bowls alright too. Or John Hastings, he would have a far better record than cockley over the last 12 months.

Hussey is not accurate, ok he got 1 wicket on saturday but he bowls crap, its no comparison.

Mcdonald batted and 8 and played as a bowler. Got about 10-12 wickets and 32 or so in 5 tests so didnt do to bad bowling at 125-130.

I never said george would be a star or playe 100 tests, if he keeps taking bags of wickets he will play for australia in some form of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not saying Cockley is a bowler, but i can understand why they picked him.

At least you read my crap leo...lol

Rimmington isn't very good imo. Hastings and Magoffin are both doing well at the moment. Hastings belts it too which is a big +.

Funny, when i was writing my spiel on George i was watching Inside Cricket and Damien Fleming was talking about how much Craig Mcdermott rates George.

If Peter George plays one game for Australia then i am proven wrong....

As previously stated on this website 800,000,000 times, I am no good, so, don't hold your breath waiting for me to make some runs, cos, the chances are it won't happen any time soon, or maybe never again.

I noticed your name is Gone Past It, well, if we are talking cricket careers, my name would be Never Had it. I enjoy the way you write, "that player" instead of referring directly to me, as though you don't realise that I read this thread, rather hilarious. I'm not sure what would make you think a guy that is 55 kilos overweight, can't bat to save his life and has never played any standard of cricket higher than SMCA would be in line for the Test side, however, after your previous posts, it is clear you are obviously extremely intelligent, so, maybe you know something that I don't. I am a massive cricket fan, so, getting a call up to the Test squadron would allow me to see plenty of grounds I have never seen before and also move the discussions about my poor form from the Gippsland forum to the Test forum which I am sure would be a real buzz for my mum and nonna who are both avid Bigfooty fans.

Other news in local cricket. Sale was able to get a little foot up on the weekend by gaining outright points against Boisdale, whilst College opted (wisely I believe) to not pursue an outright win against Bundy, and Maffra falling agonisingly close to gaining outright points against RK. If by some chance Sale were able to gain outright points somwhere else down the line and none of the other sides did, it would effectively give them an extra win for the season, and help to make up for the poor start.

The main news in local cricket at the moment is the form of the Big Horse, Luke Klasen. After having a quiet couple of season with the ball, the Horse has really hit his straps this season and is taking wickets for fun at the moment. The sign of the true champion bowler/batsmen throughout this league and all sports is the ability to continually perform and this week is another challenge for Luke. After taking 19 wickets in the last 4 innings that he has bowled in, he is raring to go and keen to keep up the good form.

In other notable performances, Daniel Cameron, the Maffra keeper batsman, scored his first A grade 100 on the weekend. As far as I am aware, Cameron is 17 or 18 years of age, and it is a great effort to make an A grade 100 at any age, let alone at 17 or 18. Well done to him. The scorecard makes his effort all the more impressive with Maffra's well oiled batting machine stuttering along to 8 for 174, with Cameron getting 104 of these, great effort.

The College boys seem to have struck some form with the bat with Matt Foster, Matt Goodwin and Stuart Anderson all passing 50 in their big total of 280 against Bundy. After notable losses in the off season, they are still performing well, and other than one little slip up, have been unchallenged by their opposition this season.

I think the only thing that can be said for sure at this stage of the year is that there is definitely no clear cut premiership favourite, and not only that the side that will play off in the grand final are hard to pick. Where in the last 2 seasons, it was fairly obvious from Round 1 that Maffra would play College in the final, I wouldn't think it is the same case this year. Those sides plus Bundy are the favourites, however, there are other sides hovering around which would like to think they have a say in the make up of the finals series this year.

Thoughts anyone?

55 kilos overweight, i would have said 45....

Just for the sake of being correct Klasen has 19 in his last 5 innings...he had bowled 15 overs in a row against us in the first innings though. So was about knackered byt the time we batted again in the second.

Tremendous effort though the kids a star, when was the last time that someone has taken three 5 wicket hauls in a row in the first innings of a match in SMCA???

How quick does hastings bowl these days? Seems to take a truck load of wickets in shield cricket, does not bad in 50 over cricket too, got 4fa in last game and made runs in that big chase the game before, they say he maybe a better bat than clint mckay. Good steal from NSW.

Laughlin played a few one dayers and 20/20 i think, rimmington will prob get a crack as well at some stage during the summer cos there is not way our 3 main bowlers will play all the one dayers as well as 6 tests.

55 kilos overweight, i would have said 45....

Just for the sake of being correct Klasen has 19 in his last 5 innings...he had bowled 15 overs in a row against us in the first innings though. So was about knackered byt the time we batted again in the second.

Tremendous effort though the kids a star, when was the last time that someone has taken three 5 wicket hauls in a row in the first innings of a match in SMCA???

b campbell

I think you would find S.Anderson would have done it. 4 Alan Evan medals in a row.

6 fa, 6fa and 5 fa in rounds 2, 4 & 5 with round 3 being a bye in 2003/2004 season. Oppositions were Boisdale, Maffra and Sale. Come on gone past it, you are better than that. You shouldn't just take a punt, do some research!

Obviously gone past it played before electronic records....

Must have done. I find it very interesting how the people on this forum try to hide their identities, and then take pot shots at the people who do reveal themselves. Probably just a relfection on the people making the posts I would think!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back