Give the kids & coach time!

Remove this Banner Ad

how much more time does he need?

how much longer will the team be excused because they are "young"

how much time will you give the next coach?

the club itself has had nothing but time.

i still wont judge dwick until the end of 2012 or 2013 based on his own expectations when he came to richmond. he still has time, but not much of it.

Brace yourself for disappointment twooth because if you're gonna judge Hardwick after just 66 games with so many youngsters in the team, it's definitely going to end in tears for you.
We need built, strong, experienced MEN in our side (eg Chapman, Enright, Kelly types) and as you are aware we are a mile off that. :)

Why does everything have to be just black or white around here...
I think there is only one poster calling Hardwick a hack and a failure and such rants need to be treated with 'troll radars' fully engaged.

At the same time there is nothing wrong with questioning significant fluctuations in results and performance from the team as a whole and some of our more seasoned players.
Sure we are young as a collective group but we still have players who have been in the system for more than 4 - 5 years who should be more consistant.

We also have a coach who has been an assistant coach and player at 3 clubs that saw the ultimate success and who now is almost 2 years into his senior career.

Nothing wrong with questioning what has caused an alarming drop in competitivness over the past 5 weeks... hell... it was just 5 weeks ago that we were playing against Melbourne for a spot in the 8!!!!

It's annoying when someone raises concerns about what appears to be a significant drop off in effort and intensity which results in very disappointing losses and there follows backlash on here from other posters about 'unrealistic expectations'.

There is middle ground you know...

Roacha, the cats supporters were calling for Bombas head a year or so prior to their march to the top of the mountain dude.
It is always fuelled by one thing "expectation" and the failure to deliver on it.
The cats brainst trust stuck together and forged ahead with the plan in the face of a continued supporter and media barrage..
We need to do the same...i am quite confident that there is a blue print and it should be stuck to.
Confident that they can see the deficiencies in players who have had enough time in the system and tipping that they know that we need the next 2 off seasons to address them.

I for one would have liked the tigers to make the 8, just to feel some September action. But reality is a bitter pill for some...and they cant handle it, especially tigerheads..;)

Brace yourself for disappointment twooth because if you're gonna judge Hardwick after just 66 games with so many youngsters in the team, it's definitely going to end in tears for you.
We need built, strong, experienced MEN in our side (eg Chapman, Enright, Kelly types) and as you are aware we are a mile off that. :)

its not like i expect a premiership next year, it was hardwick who said finals in 2012 not me. i do expect improvement each year. from what he has taken over and what he is doing, with what he has there is only room for improvement. why aren't the players turning into men? you see average joes transform into bigger men in the same period of an off season than these so called professionals do. i expect a majority of current players to be solid as bricks starting 2012.

My Assessment on our list.

Thse are TW drafted players, with age ():

Deledio (24), Reiwoldty (22), Cotchin (21), Edwards (22), McGuane (24), Rance (21), Connors (22), Morton (24), Graham (rookie, 24), King (27), Vickery (24), Post (21) and Foley (25).

The rest of list is Hardwick's picks except for Thursfield (25), Newman (29), Tuck (29), Jackson (25) and Moore (27).

Out of TW list, i believe Del, Reiwoldt, and Cotchin are A grade players.

From Hardwicks list, I will say Martin only. As Dimma's list is young i will say Conca & Griffiths probable 'A" graders. My assumptions on the mentioned is based on our recruiters and football department opinions and game time.

The older players over 23 i 'll add Newman, Foley on the above list.

Grade "B" (good playesr) Vickery, Rance & Houli.

The potentails B graders I will say Batchelor, Helbig, & Grimes. (Seen so far)

The remaining young players (between 18-22) a total of 16 players and they are as follows: Edwards, Connors, Post, Astbury,Farmer, Nason, Gourdis, Browne, McDonald, Derickx, Jackobi, Contin, Westhoff, Hicks, Taylor and Dean.

With all the above and what I've seen so far, we have 8 very good players (A grade). I've picked my 3 (B grade players) and my probables A & B graders. That's 14 players on our list with either A or B garde status.

The remaining young, I believe Dimma can work on and turn them into decent players.

I do have one concern looking at the list and that is I haven't seen a decent ruckman.

Overall I'm happy with the list and looking for some good times in the future!

That is my assessment, it will be interesting to see what others think?

I am all for optimism, and there is a lot to be optimistic about, but there's also a lot to be concerned with.

Some say we've gone forwards, some say we've gone back, and some say we've stalled, but end of the day, we are on track to mirror our wins and losses from last season, which is very disappointing.

We still need 1, maybe 2, big cleanouts, as we have too many players who are not going to help us get to a premiership.

Browne
Edwards
Farmer
Gourdis
Graham
Helbig
Hislop
Jackson
McGuane
Miller
Morton
Nason
Thursfield
Tuck
White

These players need to go, and be replaced, with draft picks, trades, etc. They are just not up to it, and we cannot be a contender with this many average-poor performers.

I may have been a bit harsh, but I don't think there is any argument for these players.

I would like to keep Edwards, for example, if he was a depth player who could come in from the VFL, when we have injuries, etc.

Very harsh to include Helbig in there. He's 19 FFS. No wonder we are judged as the most feral. Post is also only 21. Give them time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Give the kids & coach time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back